• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

G v's ICE

4-MAR IS in Australia. It isn't common, but it does get around. I wouldn't go making value judgements about it either unless you have personally tried it. You may be pleasantly surprised! :)

PS:
G-whizz is there anything else I should add here?

Nuff said

killarava2day said:
Have you ever seen 4,MAR in Australia? I sure as shit haven't, it is simply not something people are going to waste valuable resources making and smuggling into the country when it is an inferior drug to meth. We have no need to be pedantic about the term ice, when people in Australia say ice they mean crystal meth, period.

I have seen AND experienced 4MAR here in Australia! Only had it twice within the last 8 months, but it was pretty amazing. It is a completely different high to meth, very clear headed and euphoric too, while I find meth scatty and it gives more of a head-fuck :) The stuff has dried up a lot now though, there is not so much of it floating around (genuine 4MAR that is).

I've never had coke before, but I'd imagine the high off a medium dose of 4MAR to be very similar. After having a large hit off foil (about 1 1/2 pts at once) for the next 30 minutes I felt like god, then it dropped off a bit :D It annoys me when people refer to normal meth as "ice" as it is clearly not, ice is 4MAR.

esprit said:
After having a large hit off foil (about 1 1/2 pts at once)
Um.... do you realise the dangers of smoking off foil are? I hope you enjoy alzheimer's......
In otherwords, find a pipe or something. smoking off Foil = BAD BAD BAD for your health.

Regardless of the substance, look at the bottom line - is the effect of chronic GHB/1,4B use on a person overall worse or better than the effect of hardcore dependence inducing stimulants. Then this thread might address the topic...?

BigTrancer :)

killarava2day said:
The day I see 4.MAR in aus is the day i'll stop calling meth ice. as it stands it is a usful way to distinguish between local cheap meth and imported quality meth. 4,MAR isn't even that common in the states anymore cos it is an inferior drug to meth...

why do you consider 4mar to be an inferior drug to meth?

and it is available in australia as others have said.

G vs Meth is the topic.

The Meth vs 4Mar debate has been argued many times before and will not be again in this thread. Check out the thread apollo linked to for starters.

I only started the thread because a few of the guys l smoked with are thinking about giving G a go. After seeing other mates O/D l am not so keen. But if l mention getting a bit of ICE l get the whole "ICE? #&*@ that, that's bad news" thing off 'em all. But they are willing to throw G down the hatch. WTF

stacyrox said:
Jesus christ. You cant die by accidentally ingesting 5ml of pure concentrated meth.

Can anyone provide any credible evidence of deaths caused by GHB alone? I remain unconvinced, especially when I read material like this (linked in apollos GHB FAQ)

At high doses (4-8 gm) and on an empty stomach, extremely deep sleep is usually induced within 5 to 15 minutes. The effect will sometimes last up to 4 hours. At extremely high doses (10-30 gm), the deep-sleep lasts for much longer periods. The highest reported GHB dose (termed a "poisoning" by the authors) involved a man who took an estimated 15 tablespoons (50-75 grams) of GHB! He woke up 24 hours later feeling groggy with a mild headache. He had no lasting effects...

Most press reports, however, have treated GHB as a lethal, brain-damaging, "date rape," "designer" drug. These reports rely upon police and regulatory agencies for their "expert" witnesses. The scientific "experts" (coroners) that are presumably qualified to judge GHB are quoted only in a limited context, and autopsy reports listing GHB as the cause of death have been suborned (in a scientific sense) by the "helpful" advice of DEA and FDA agents who have "generously" informed local coroners of the supposed dangerous, lethal and insidious nature of GHB.

According to an investigation by Ward Dean, MD, who has also testified as an expert witness for the defense in several GHB cases, every instance in which GHB has been listed as the cause of death involved some other more likely cause of death. The much-publicized case of Texas teenager Hillory Farias is a tragic case where DEA and FDA objectives brutally exploited the girl's family to promote a negative media image of GHB. The evidence that Ms. Farias ever ingested any GHB at all was highly suspect.

After being told that their daughter was poisoned by GHB (based on questionable much-delayed autopsy findings), the family was encouraged to speak out against GHB. When the family later realized that Hillory's death was not due to GHB, but probably to a congenital and hereditary heart condition, they were devastated by the FDA's and DEA's indifference to human feeling, horrified and shocked that the loss of their daughter was used to promote subversive propaganda. Ms. Farias' symptoms and etiology were inconsistent with the effects of GHB. Crucial health history factors were overlooked. The medical examiner did not report that Hillory's death was caused by GHB until a "helpful voice" from the federal government influenced this determination some 6 weeks after the death occurred. This case serves to reveal the urgent need certain government officials seem to have to frighten the public about GHB.

http://www.life-enhancement.com/article_template.asp?ID=76

okay.. g is very unlikely to kill you when you overdose, unless you mix it with other drugs (especially depressants, especially) alcohol.. it looks scary.. but it tends to be, in actuality, just a very deep sleep that the vast majority of people wake up from without problems..

meth, maybe, doesn't have as many hard and fast rules about what you can mix it with.. however, as for addiction, they are both addictive in different ways.. withdrawal from g will make you extremely anxious and pissed off, but you probably won't go rob somebody's grandmother to get more.. psychologically you'll be a wreck if you become a g addict and find your substance of choice denied you. it does wear off after 2-7 days though..

the major factor i think is that the long term effects physically of a g addiction are mild, verging on non-existant.. your body will not be devestated by the effects of the drug in the way meth can and does alter your body.. because g doesn't inhibit sleep (far from it, though it may decrease the length of sleep) or decrease appetite, you'll still be getting all the valuable nutrients and recharging time your body requires to remain healthy.. in high doses g can make you incoherent (much like alcohol), but it does not trigger psychosis the way excessive meth usage can.

killarava2day said:
Can anyone provide any credible evidence of deaths caused by GHB alone? I remain unconvinced, especially when I read material like this (linked in apollos GHB FAQ)
Is this credible enough for you?
Adverse events, including death, associated with the use of 1,4-butanediol.

Then there is this:
Injuries, Deaths Linked Again to GHB Abuse

And this:
Toxicity, Gamma-Hydroxybutyrate

I also seem to remember drplaytpus mentioning previously that there has been at least 1 death related to G in Australia (I'm sure he can correct/clarify that).

Not one of those sources reported a death resulting from GHB alone, the deaths cited during the ninties have already been discredited ny a study refered to in the link I posted (not 1,4,B which is well known to have toxic qualities, even then that source cited only two deaths and didn't specify the cause of death, only that 1,4,B was involved.) Again, I remain unconvinced.

^^^^
So what your disputing is that the 1,4B or GHB is not toxic enough to kill you? Even though the deaths are the result of GHB/1,4B abuse?
Well I guess your right. Just like HIV doesn't kill people, only the complications such as pnuemonia cause by the weakened immunity system kills people.

Killarav2day: sorry, i only look on Bluelight these days in the mornings! From memory it was a very light, watery pink kind of colour. It took a while to show up too.

I agree with the last thing you said though. IMHO "ice sounds farking gh3y so i just call it what it is, crystal. :)

Last edited:
esprit: Im not going to go into the 4MAR availablility arguments again (see another thread). But I realy doubt you have had it. If you have please supply proof of it. (Photo of reagent tests and crystals) How did you know it was 4MAR, I hope you didnt just believe what someone told you. Regardless of how well you know them.

notneo: Apparently an educated person can tell the difference between methamphetamine crystall and 4MAR by sight. The crystal formation is remarkably different. This is assuming there has been no cutting agents added and the result re-crystalised. I guess this would changed the physical appearance somewhat.

Last edited:
I found this interesting article on GHB withdrawal. :)

http://www.doctordeluca.com/Library/DetoxEngage/GHB-Withdrawal-AnnEmerMed37-2-01.pdf

Looks like while rare the withdrawals of chronic use can be quite bad. Case 3 looks interesting, he actually died on day 13 of his detox (although he did do 1.5tsp every 30mins to 1hr for 10 to 12 months). We have to remember this article only uses case that were bad enough for the individual to goto hospital.

I have to admit I had a little problem with ICE last year... I was addicted to it for about 6 months. I know this is silly but i was smoking it to lose weight... I lost 8 kg (the amount i wanted) but then i couldnt stop. It took the breakup of my relationship (which ICE was part of) to make me realise how bad it was... it was then that i stopped.

I have tried G only once (1ml) and the effect was kinda weird... i felt very messy!

If i had to choose which was worse... I'd say ice.