Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

G is for growth (and goodbye)

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
Some of you would have seen this coming, others have been there through the decision making process and to some it will come as a surprise but I have decided to hang up my crown as Aus Social Mod, almost one and a half years after starting to mod this forum, it’s time to step down.

I don’t think I can ever put this as eloquently as vurt did in his goodbye thread but I’m going to try.

In the time that I’ve been on Bluelight my heart has been with the social forums, I came for the drugs and stayed for the people and I can’t thank Bluelight enough for the wonderful people that grace my life, I’m not going to start naming them because they know who they are. Mind you there’s also a fair few fruitcakes on here ;) but I think I’ve managed to avoid most of em ;) =D

The opportunity to interact with these amazing people from all over the globe, to read and compare thoughts and views, or even to just procrastinate whilst trying desperately to avoid doing a uni assignment is what makes me open Bluelight day after day.

Most of you would know that I’ve made Aus Social my primary home here, I love this forum, I love the vision of what it once was and I care for her future, I'm glad I was able to play a part in shaping her.

Like vurt’s resignation, and even Jake’s, this has been a long time coming. Funny, it’s so much harder than I expected. I decided I was stepping down for real a few days ago, I sent the email and I could almost pretend that I hadn’t really done it until I got a reply, even now writing this, I’m still pretty amazed that I actually did it. The hardest thing about change is letting go. :)

Jake and vurt, you two shared so much of this journey with me and I thank you for walking beside me, you are both very special people who have enriched my life in ways I can’t even begin to explain. Babu, my panda, we were honoured to have you join us.

To the new generation of mods, 1234, anna, Raz and whoever is lucky enough to nab the fourth spot, thank you for sharing the vision and good luck on your own journey.

And lastly (but most importantly) to the Aus Social users, you guys are what makes this forum tick, it can only be as good (or as bad) as you let it become, thank you for making this a very interesting year and a bit, thanks for the laughs and the arguments, the debates and the (rare) praise :)

I will be sticking around until the fourth mod is chosen and I will no doubt still actively take part in the forum.

Thank you again for all you have taught me and for the opportunity to help shape this forum :)

Kitty

Thank you Kitty.

I've battled to express your contributrion over the past 1.5 years, but no words will seem to do it any justice. You've been a big part of Aus Social and you've helped mould it into what it is today. Your influence can been seen everywhere. At times when social seemed to have gone sour and amid all the bitching and moaning; you lead by example of your actions.

You will be missed beyond words :(

Thank you.

you will be remembered for your contribution well beyond aus social...
with your work on the BL shrine and best of bluelight you have carved your place in the "best ofs" and will be an honoured contributer.
thankyou.

well thats very sad news indeed :(

its always sad to see a mod go that genuinely cares about the forum and what goes on inside it, making the effort everyday to be fair and plesant :)

good work kitty, you have been an awesome mod =D

ah fuck, just lost a long reply :p

anyway, the gist was, kitty, i've been trying to catch you in irc for a chat, so i will leave any real comments until then, but just to say that it's very sad to see you going :(

i'll post more after i've had a chat to you!

nice one kitty, we all need to change and let go in our lives. Your dedication and love to this forum was unbelieveable :)

Thankyou heaps and heaps for everything you've done in the forum for the past forever :) Sad to see you going, but pleased to hear you're actually staying in a somewhat less official way :)

Again, thankyou :)

CB :)

You definitely did leave your mark on this forum and will not be forgotten any time soon.

This is the internet, things are forgotten easily these days due our over-informed and over-loaded brains, but I don't forget you Kitty even in both times I meet ya I was way off somewhere on Mars =D

The absence of your moderating influence will be felt by many, I suspect.

The moderator is dead, long live the moderators. ;)

-plaz out-

PsychoKitten said:
Mind you there’s also a fair few fruitcakes on here ;) but I think I’ve managed to avoid most of em ;) =D

I must have been one of the one's you didn't manage to avoid then...

Although I have only been around on this forum for a short amount of time, and the first words I actually read of your were a scolding for my misdemeanors, I took your advice to heart and stopped being a complete fruit loop (I save that for the lounge). After, I valued what comments you had to make as they were worth reading...

TATA

Grant.

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Well actually yeah fair enough....... but we will miss you!!

:)

:( not happy jan!! we will miss you kitty, your drive, your determination, your exhuberance, your direction.

thank you for all the hard work and heartache you've put into this job. your efforts, your contribution, you, will never be forgotten.

((((((((((((kitty)))))))))))

Like you mentioned before, it's been a long time coming - but it's a fruitful journey.

It's been a great year, contrary to what some may believe in - your contribution towards the forum will be sorely missed. Cheers Kitty :)

xoxo

[edit: off-topic post deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny to imagine aust social without you as a mod, you came in just as I started posting here.

Thanks for the work you've put into the place kittay!

Well done K! You will be missed, but I'm proud of you for letting go.

Here's to the new generation of Aus Social Mods!

=DSmiley

oi, what's wrong with us fruitcakes? :p

It all feels a bit weird really...changing of the guard and all that; I haven't really been here as long as a lot of people, so I guess I always think of you as being an Aus Social institution, kits....

I'm glad you're sticking around for a bit while we find a 4th, and VERY glad you're sticking around in any capacity after that. I think it's an important and valuable thing to be able to recognise when the time is right for you to move to different things, but none of that changes the fact that you've made a huge contribution here and I'll miss seeing your name in bold type up the top of the screen when I'm in here...

Glad you're doing what's right for you though...like you said, the hardest part of change is in the letting go. Once you've done that, everything's uphill. :)

love ya etc,
--Raz-- :)