• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Functioning Opiate User recognizable or can be generally sensed. Non-nodding phase.

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Dear Wonderfully honest, knowledgeable, and experienced members of the great BL
Forum,

Sometimes while I am on the phone with my best buddy who shares similar Bluelight interests as I, he says to me, what are you taking? I said I took some oxy 20mg at about 8am and it's 4pm while we're conversing on the phone. He says that "you sound pretty like laid back" or "too laid back and that you better watch out because people at work etc..." Next time we talk he says "you on something?" I go I took some oxy 20mg and a clonaz 10mg at about same times and same phone-talk time as last time (ingested at 8am and on phone with buddy at 4pm); he said "I sounded a little drunk or something and that I better watch out about my job etc." How come I don't notice it on myself? My mind is sharp and clear and I don't seem to feel that there is a noticeable factor in play. Good thing is, new job, and I have never NOT been on ox and so they wouldn't know "another me" if it was noticeable in the first place. My question is, is it noticeable if I'm not even close to nodding? I take 10mg - 20 mg oxy V10 way below my tolerance of 1.5 year daily use. Thanks brothers and sisters of BL.

Last edited:
Someone who knows you well or talks to you a lot might be able to tell but I wouldn’t worry about work. Benzos especially slow speech and delivery so it’s possible he can tell.

One dead give away for Oxys if you have blue eyes is the pinpoint pupils, which has always been my dead giveaway.

10mg Clonazepam is a very high dose, no?

You don't mention how much experience you have with benzos - but it sounds totally believable to me that if you took 10mg clonazepam in the morning you would still be noticeably "laid back" only 8 hours later... even 24 hours later. Clonazepam can last a long time, 8 hours is nothing.

Also - as you may already be aware - there is really no drug quite like benzodiazepines, in my experience, that can have you feeling like you're completely lucid and in your right mind, while in actual fact being quite profoundly altered.

10mg Clonazepam is a very high dose, no?

You don't mention how much experience you have with benzos - but it sounds totally believable to me that if you took 10mg clonazepam in the morning you would still be noticeably "laid back" only 8 hours later... even 24 hours later. Clonazepam can last a long time, 8 hours is nothing.

Also - as you may already be aware - there is really no drug quite like benzodiazepines, in my experience, that can have you feeling like you're completely lucid and in your right mind, while in actual fact being quite profoundly altered.

Not 10MG Clonaz. ->10mg Oxycontin Brand Oxycodone immediate release. 2 mg of Clonazapam. Thanks for the insight about the possibility and idea of "being completely lucid and in your right mind, while in actual fact being quite profoundly altered." Never thought of that possibility. Was only thinking of the view through my own lenses as it were and the bias that comes with that.

You can’t see yourself from an external perspective. Inside looking out.

Take a video of yourself acting what you think is normal while high. Watch it sober. Get back to us.

Yeah, a friend of mine used to annoy the shit out of me when high on benzos because, while he could recognize he was high, he seemed utterly incapable of recognizing just how impaired he was. Very frustrating.

2mg of clonazepam is still a high dose, specially if you're not tolerant. Benzos are well known for giving a false sense of sobriety, I'd say most people would suspect that you took something.
If you know the person and know which signs to look for then you can definitely notice if he/she is on opioids. However not all opioids are created equal and the dose plays a huge roll as well.
I'm a daily kratom user and noone has ever say anything suspicious to me, at least not yet. I also used to take codeine, tramadol and other opioids years ago and I'm pretty sure some people noticed when I was scratching my face and close to nodding off.

benzos make me act drunk without slurrying and stumbling. losing the inhibition of speech, saying stupid things etc. This is why i love them.

opiates might make you nicer to people while high on them and an asshole while not high (or asshole while high also, see opiate rage).

both drugs definitley affect the personality even if they don't make you look high.

Great replies! Thank you all so far. Very wide and different perspectives and creative ideas and opinions about the issue of the recognizable or not question.

The main thing that people i think look at me weird is my voice i dont have a very deap voice but when im high my voice is very different i have nodded out standing up after having a drag of ciggarate outside the betting shop the muslim worker was like 'my friend you cant fall sleep theirs a bench their if you want to sleep' i was only closing my eyes thats what i said and made out i felt like he was harrasing me hes a bit of a douche tbh i miss the old guy

I've noticed my voice changes in pitch or enthusiasm if you will. On benzos in particular; not so much the Oxi/opiate

benzos make me act drunk without slurrying and stumbling. losing the inhibition of speech, saying stupid things etc. This is why i love them.

opiates might make you nicer to people while high on them and an asshole while not high (or asshole while high also, see opiate rage).

both drugs definitley affect the personality even if they don't make you look high.

I've never noticed my personality change much with benzos or opiates. But I have noticed myself experiencing more empathy and feeling closer to people while on amphetamines like dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine. Probably something to do with their chemical similarity to ecstasy.

They also seem to cause my emotions to be more extreme in general. So if I'd normally feel empathy, I feel more empathy. If Id normally feel angry, I feel more angry. If I'd normally feel happy, I feel more happy, etc etc. Dunno how normal that is but I've noticed it a few times.