• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos From Etizolam to Diclazepam

Update on the taper:

I messaged on here in December about coming off etiz but my usage carried on due to stress of job.

I've quit my job and have stabilized on 2mg Diclaz before bed. It feels very stable. To get here I went down to 2mg Etizolam before bed and evenings were unpleasant! I think my 1mg Diclaz tablets maybe a bit stronger than they say because taking a 2mg dose before bed is giving me a mild after glow that had been long lost with etiz. Theyre from BB (delete if thats not allowed mod - appolgies if so)

I'm planning on starting reductions. I'll try for the 0.5mg reductions per week / 2 weeks. I've read on titration but I'd much rather avoid. I think 1/2 and 1/4 tablets should work fine. Any tips on getting a good cut - other than using a sharp knife?

Would I be right in assuming that the long half life in Diclaz (48 hrs) would mean coming off at 0.5 intervals would be much smoother as there would be a gradual gradient from 2mg to 1.5mg in blood plasma - as opposed to the sudden crash given by etizolams 6-8 hours.

Any advice etc massively welcome. I'll drop back in again with progress update. Cheers

Just wanted to add my own experience in here for anyone who's googling this thread. I was on roughly 18mg etizolam before I realized I had a problem and had to get help. I switched over to diclazepam and gradually tapered down to 3mg (where I am now) so that I can be prescribed diazepam legally (30mg is the max dose via NHS guidelines and it comes with a lot of stipulations). But diclazepam was successful in helping me taper down, especially since it seems to lack the recreational qualities of the other benzos, I haven't experienced cravings or deviated from my schedule. I largely reduced based on my own body's ability to cope with the dose changes, and then once I found a treatment center they helped advise on what a reasonable plan would be. My doctor's best approximation based on reviewing the clinical and anecdotal reports is 1mg - 10mg diazepam, but we're both hoping this is higher than the real equivalence. I start tomorrow so I'll report back.

I think diclazepam would be a great substitute. It's very subtle but works for a longer time than diazepam. I'd also say flubromazepam (very sublte but longer lasting) might help too.

My friend got FAR to into benzos. Now he's down from 24 to 2.5mg of diclazepam over 10 months... get some 1mg ones so you can split them into 0.25mg lumps - same as going down 2.5mg of diazepam. He's similarly down from 120mg of methadone to 37 in the same time period.

I did that stupid crap decades ago... if only I could stop smoking.

Glad to see this thread got bumped. I should change the name from Etizolam, clonazolam, flubromazolam to diclazepam lol. I was clean for 2 months until my crippling social anxiety/ agoraphobia got the best of me. I dug myself such a deep hole trying to use these to get off of opiates.I currently take 4-6mgs of the clonazolam with ~5mgs of etiz in the day and 2mgs of f-lam at bed time. I pray that this gram of diclazepam will be enough to taper down. I also have ~300mg flubromazepam to help out. I think I'm going to grab another 500mgs of the diclazepam just in case. Worst comes to worst my mom is friends with a sympathetic DR, I'm just afraid of being labeled as a drug seeker/abuser.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm in the same shit hold as you guys. Addicted to taking 1mg of clonzolam twice a day. Like every other addiction I have, when Im ordering something I tell myself i'll just use it for sleep time to time (coming down from stims was a big reason). With in the first week I was taking 1mg everyday at night. Then started to get that mid day rebound anxiety, clonazolam half is around 12 hours I believe. So id pop another 2 .05g clam and thats where I've been stuck for the last month. I am now on day 2 of tapering down, taking 4mg diclazepam around 10-11pm. Unlike the clam, the diclazepam last the whole day and no rebound is experienced. So far so good.

Any other success stories for getting off etizolam using diclazepam? I have a moderate (3-4 mg) but daily (ugh) dependence on etizolam. I really need to get off it. I have quite a bit of liquid diclaz and have tried it before with little success -- I just hate the side-effects (drowsiness, fuzzy head), but I WILL try it again if I know it can work. Has this worked for anyone? Do you still keep taking *some* etizolam while you take the diclaz, or do you just switch over completely? Do you take the diclaz once a day or a couple of times? I took 1.5 mg this morning and feel good so far -- none of the stressful WD symptoms I got yesterday when i tried to get by on 0.5 mg of etiz every 4-5 hours -- that was rough. Anyway, any shared experience would be appreciated.

I took 5mg everyday for almost 3 weeks sometimes those craz 6-8mg nights, before that I only consumed 3-4mg 2 X a week! Literally a pack of 50 zest lasted almost an entire year. I felt great then, but then I got put on celexa , which got rid of the rebound anxiety from. So know I've been on 5-6 for 2-3 weeks, cold turkey wish me luck

Oh and another thing I read a fucking trip report on fucking erowid where a dumbas kid snuck out of his parents house to buy ETIZOLAM from the goddamn HEADSHOP!! Just lie K2! Goodbye fizzle lol
In my 20+. Years of collecting watching chess gpcome and go, I can usually tell when shits about to be scheduled, hope I'm wrong

Would diclazepam work as a valium substitute for someone trying to taper off of etizolam using the substitution schedule as described in the ashton manual? I've been taking etizolam daily for over a year now, the last 5 months my intake has been anywhere from 7-10mgs through out the day. I've been trying to taper off of etiz by itself but the half life is just too damn short. I take part of my dose before I go to work and by the end of my shift I experience minor tremors and moderate rebound anxiety.
Yes it works have used it for etiz withdrawal.