• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Friend did too much ritalin-need help quick!

nancy145

Bluelighter
My friend did 40 mg of methylphenidate and is having a really bad reaction to it. Nausea, rapid heart beat, anxiety, pretty much everything from a non-fatal methylphenidate overdose. What can I do to help her? I have 0.5 mg of lorazepam, diphenhydramine (benadryl), a few other antihistamines,and Hydrochlorothiazide (water pill). Will any of these help? what else should I do to help her? Just BTW it's actually my friend, I do illegal drugs myself and think SWIM is dumb.

EDIT: She ended up just waiting it out and is fine now. Thanks for the help though guys :)

Last edited:
Give her the lorazepam, but don't overload on antihistamines. Antichlorogenic effect could make everything worse

Yeah, lorazepam(or any benzo) will definitely help. As above poster said, don't overload on antihistamines. Keeping the person cool is a good idea as well. Try to keep them calm as well, panic makes heart rate and bp race even faster. Never hesitate to call an ambulance if things get too crazy.

I didn't find any adverse interactions between Ritalin and lorazepam, so it should be safe to combine the two. Administer a low dose of the lorazepam and wait an hour to see if it calms her down, if she still hasn't calmed down after an hour or two, administer another.low dose. Good luck, keep us updated!

- Hopeless 7noS

There is no need to give Lorazepam in my opinion - I was given Ritalin because of my ADHD and I know that Methylphenidate is a stimulant, and it works 3-4 hours. I would say: wait. Nothing bad will happen, especially when she is not alone.

JoEhJoEh