Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

friend can't get high

pde2001

Bluelighter
a friend of mine hasnt been able to feel the effects of mdma for about a year, he stopped using them as we thought it would be tolerance, but, i gave him a green mitsi,( tried and tested strong) on the w/e, askd him how he went, didnt feel a thing. he regulary uses speed and weed, however he wasn't on these to when he dropped the pill on the w/e.
i feel sorry for him since he can't feel the effects from what mdma gives, so im just trying to find some info on what possibly could cause this.

any thoughts will be appreciated. thanks

Set & Setting ?

Or

Perhaps he isnt letting the effects come on to him... Is He waiting for the effects.. or just going along as usuall.

I find it hits you better when ya just forget about it and BooM it hits ya !

Also There are a Dodgy Batch Of Green Mitzis... The ones you gave him.. did you test the With A reagent.. or just ate one at a Eairler date ?

Peace Out

Dialated665

he was at a mates 21st, he has taken drugs in this atmosphere before. he doesnt wait for any effects to come with any drugs he takes. he's a fairly drug educated guy, the mitsi's were a good batch, got 50 of them and tested everyone of them witha reagent.
would it be serotonin syndrome? ive searched to find what this actually is with no luck.

what would they most likely be called punk? can u give me a handful of common names? i dont think he is on any sort of drugs like that, will find out though

zoloft is quite a common ssri

im also interested to find out what the problem could be, as i have a lot of trouble getting high on mdma. i speculated once that it could have been cos of depression ie chemical imbalance already exists and so instead of being elevated to the high of a non depressed person ur lifted the same amount but inly to a moderate, 'normal' happiness. but this isnt true :p

but yeah, it sux.

There's a fair few different brands.

A friend of mine who I didn't know was on SSRI's and didn't know of the connection (with MDMA) tried pills for the first time on New Years with us last year. He felt nothing, and actually felt some negative effects (just generally uncomfortable), and ended up just going home.

Anyways there's plenty of threads on the topic if you want to search (I think there is even one on the front page of Aus. Drug Discussion at the moment).

I know a guy like this, but he'd never been able to feel the effects period. Even on MDMA capsules he felt nothing. One night when we where at a party he double dropped to ty getting the effects and fell asleep, this turned out to be the solution because half an hour later he ran back out to the lounge with eyes poppin outta his and literally screamed "Sweet mother or christ I am FUCKED!!!!!!" Ever since then we've had no problems.

My personal opinion was that he needed total relaxation that you only get from sleep to bring it on...

when he used to take them a cpl of yrs ago he was able to feel the effects. its just in the past12 months he has been like this

If this contributes anything I get very little from dopaminergic drugs of any kind and never have...

I've recently had a 6 week break from binging every week end. My first pill in 6 weeks wasent half as good as I expected, it was pritty similair to what was happening before my 6 week break. Does this mean my serotonin is fucked??

I am very curious about this as well as I seem to be facing a similar problem.
I used to use pills occasionally and always thoroughly enjoyed myself just having one or two pills.
And now.. I get very little effect. I get the physical effects of good MDMA, dialated pupils, tense jaws, eye wiggles.
But very little euphoria, love... just a weird, mildly stimulated feeling for a few hours, after which I can sleep quite easily.

This has nothing to do with tolerance because I'd had a YEAR long break from MDMA before running into this problem. And I have had MDMA caps, tested and definitley of high quality. No anti-depressants or any other meds. Not much other drug use at the moment other than mushrooms, LSD and the occasional joint.
Each attempt I've made has been in a great setting and I do get the normal butterflies waiting for the pill to kick in, but certainly not the extent it would cancel out the effects altogether.

I was always a very occasional user, stopped using altogether for ages, and the only difference between now and back when I used to pop is that I'm a little older.

I'd really appreciate some insight into this, I can't think of any reason why this is happening and it really sucks!

EAZY-PING said:
I've recently had a 6 week break from binging every week end. My first pill in 6 weeks wasent half as good as I expected, it was pritty similair to what was happening before my 6 week break. Does this mean my serotonin is fucked??

I think it means the pill wasn't as good as you expected it to be...

IMO six weeks isn't long enough of a break after an extended binge. I'd say two to three months minimum to start noticing some effects again. Of course everyone's different. But generally with MDMA, the less you use the better it is.