• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Freebase comes back yellow and smells like gasoline??

subobob

Greenlighter
I should start by saying that the crack around here in the bay area has been total shit lately - tastes very bad and hardly any
coke... But the odd thing is that nearly ALL OF IT tastes bad in almost the same exact way - SF, Oakland, Richmond etc. So I decided to purify my shit the (semi)old fashioned way and see what happened.

I used hexane instead of pet ether - specifically to filter out levamisole as well as the other -caine derivatives. The first batch of I did with some crack and it came back fantastic - I waited a couple of hours for it to dry out in a petri dish on top of my radiator (high tech!). Anyway it was fucking brilliant - very bright white fluffy crystals that came back better than anything I have smoked in a long time.

The next batch of stuff I bought a few days later was some yellow/orange/almost brown crack from the same - usually dependable - dealer.
he explained that he had found a little bit of the first stuff but that he was now all out and that this colored stuff was what he had. He said he fell asleep and let it 'burn' a bit - hence the dark color...
BUT this time when I based it out and extracted into the hexane the hexane had a definite yellowish tinge and there was a strong gasoline odor. Ive been trying to dry it out but suspect I might have to leave it out for a few days to see if MAYBE it'll evap properly. Also there was definitely a lower yield from this stuff (although I don't remember the actual numbers).

Anyway it was a small amount so I didn't worry about it too much and bought some powder from him... I considered making some anhydrous acetone but just didn't have the time.
HOWEVER - when I cooked up the powder I AGAIN got this yellowy tinge in my hexane and my product comes back again with the same yellowish color and heavy gasoline smell that the crack had.
Hmmm - well I assume then this must be the coke that my guy made into his yellow/orange rocks.

So - tonight I go and but some crack from a completely different dealer who lives about 30 miles away figuring it will be different - I taste it and notice that it has that does have same (although less so) nasty taste.
Her rocks were slightly off white but not too much - about the color I associate with good crack. - but guess what?

It came back the same yellow/orange color and has the same smell.

So I have to assume that it's the dope and that it's happening on a high level here - it can't be a coincidence that all the crack around tastes like shit in the same way and that it's producing this same stuff.
I found a **small** amount of the original stuff and cooked it and it turned out bright white so I don't think it's a contamination issue with my setup..

I suppose I should go and get myself a molecular sieve and some acetone and try to rinse the coke.

LeJunk seems to think that's the answer to this kind of issue - but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so what can be done about it??

-B

In my personal experience, cocaine with the gasoline odor is usually high quality. It's used to process the coca leaves somehow. Everytime I got fishscale from my vato, it had the gas odor. I wouldn't worry about it too much, cocaine nowadays is dirty as hell anyways, if your worried about your health, just stop using it.

well - I think I accidentally stumbled upon the answer here... The procedure I have been following is a basic one and is outlined in several threads here and at the 'Drugs-forum' site.
I'll post a link to it below so that this post isn't held up pending moderator approval.
Anyway the relevant parts of the procedure start on step 4 since most of the time I am starting with coke that has already been turned into crack:
4. Mix the solid with 100mL Hexane, heat at 75?C or so for 5min. Let it cool and move to a funnel.

5. Add 100mL water, shake vigorously to mix, then stop and let it rest so it separate in 2 layers again. Discard water layer in the bottom

6. Repeat Step 5 One to Three times to improve purity

7. Evaporate hexane, result is cocaine freebase with no levamisole

I realized last night that I had been doing this a little differently - I was cooking the stuff up the 'old school' way that I had been taught way back when - take coke, put in test tube with water, shake and filter if necessary, add ammonia till no more precip, then add hexane (ether) and shake shake shake, let sit and then separate (in my case with a pipette). The first couple of times I did it this way but then I remembered that THIS formula mentioned heating the hex/water solution to 75? C for 5 minutes. So I put the tube in a hot water bath that was steaming slightly but not bubbling figuring that was pretty close.
THAT'S when I started getting my yellow color and the contaminants in the hex.
I was suspicious because after heating and shaking ALL of the gunk that had been floating between the layers was gone.
So last night I did it without any extra heat - just the residual heat from using hot water to start with - and it worked out great again.

Of course then I re-read the instructions and realized they say to filter out the solids and then JUST add the hexane and heat for 5 min - so I'm an idiot for not reading directions I guess.

Next time I get some I'll try that out.

Link provided below.

BUT NOTE THAT THERE ARE SOME MISTAKES!
The most significant being that s/he recommends using 50ml of hexane per gram of coke... I'm pretty sure this is a typo as the other sources all say 5mg and that fits with the solubility. you could I guess use 50ml but that's a HUGE waste and totally unnecessary. Plus it would take a hell of a lot longer to evaporate.

I think I'm going to write up a guide for my method which seems to be working pretty well.

In the meantime I'd sure LOVE some advice, feedback, contructive (!) criticism, 'atta boy"s or anything really. Sometimes I think I'm the lone voice in the darkness when I post and all I get in response is crickets.

i'm not in this game anymore - but I sat around the other day watching people blow hits of bay area rocks. These were younger guys - never known anything but the HORSEaids levam bullshit. They were ripping fat hits and I started asking "did you get a ringer?" nope. "feel relaxed?" nope. "need to shit??" nope.... Just a blanket, twitchy stimulation reminiscent of caffeine. Pretty terrible, I was extremely glad to be off the stuff. I feel like they just rock up RC's now and give it to hondurans to sell.

Last edited:
you got it right there cdin....

I'm personally amazed that people shell out money for that crap. I mean seriously - you're not even getting high and you just keep chasing that shit?? there's a whole generation of people who have NEVER tasted real crack much less freebase and who don't even know what they're missing. They think that jittery, sweaty feeling IS the high. More fool them.

Also - all that ReadyRock and whatnot produces lots and lots of smoke on purpose so people *think* they're getting big hits... But it's big hits of nothing but crap.

through dogged perseverance and sheer chutzpah I've managed to find a couple of folks who get decent stuff most of the time - but sometimes even they come up empty or with crap...
Fortunately - I seem to have gotten the hexane extraction process down and the results are pretty good. It's still not 100% mind blowing like the old days, perhaps because I don't have the patience to do 5 washes and then a 24hr dry, or perhaps because the source product is lower quality these days (google this if you're interested), BUT it's still bellringer quality and 100x better than the crap their smoking on the street.
FWIW - the good stuff seems to come back about 40-45% which is much better than I thought. but again - that's after one or maybe two washes and only a couple of hours to dry max.
Just don't have the patience...

hehe, I'm honestly glad I decided that it wasn't for me years and years ago when the levam came into play. I always thought it was a mediocre, sweaty thing to do and the added effects of ruining a persons white blood cell count just popped it down to totally unacceptable. It's unfortunate on one hand - but then again maybe saved my heart valves in the long run ;)

well - I think I accidentally stumbled upon the answer here... The procedure I have been following is a basic one and is outlined in several threads here and at the 'Drugs-forum' site.
I'll post a link to it below so that this post isn't held up pending moderator approval.
Anyway the relevant parts of the procedure start on step 4 since most of the time I am starting with coke that has already been turned into crack:

I realized last night that I had been doing this a little differently - I was cooking the stuff up the 'old school' way that I had been taught way back when - take coke, put in test tube with water, shake and filter if necessary, add ammonia till no more precip, then add hexane (ether) and shake shake shake, let sit and then separate (in my case with a pipette). The first couple of times I did it this way but then I remembered that THIS formula mentioned heating the hex/water solution to 75? C for 5 minutes. So I put the tube in a hot water bath that was steaming slightly but not bubbling figuring that was pretty close.
THAT'S when I started getting my yellow color and the contaminants in the hex.
I was suspicious because after heating and shaking ALL of the gunk that had been floating between the layers was gone.
So last night I did it without any extra heat - just the residual heat from using hot water to start with - and it worked out great again.

Of course then I re-read the instructions and realized they say to filter out the solids and then JUST add the hexane and heat for 5 min - so I'm an idiot for not reading directions I guess.

Next time I get some I'll try that out.
Mayer a bit late but another flaw is that only the sample should be heated to 75 C for 5 minutes and not the hexane solution. Because of the boiling point of 68 C you can’t raise the temperature higher than this. I made the mistake of heating the hexane solution and that doesn t work