• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Found a sizable Amount of Old Vicodin from the 1990s...Still Good?

tommyjon

Greenlighter
It turns out my girlfriend has been saving Vicodin for decades. Full bottles all the way back to 1991 til 2004. Are these still just as good or have they lost their potency? Would like to know, and are they still safe?

They should be exactly as the day they were made, if none of them got wet and they stayed in a container.

Umm they may have lost a little potency... Only one way to find out ;)

My mouth waters... as sekio said if they stayed dry and in the container they're most likely fine. Haha your one lucky dude!

UGH, lucky bastard. They should still be completly fine as long as they were stored in the right temperature and all that, pills don't really go bad I'm pretty sure, no matter how old they are as long as they were stored in okay conditions..And bottles and bottles of hydrocodone?! I don't know how people save any kind of euphoric drugs(amphetimines, benzo's, some muscle relaxers,opiates, and some sleeping pills) my cousin does this, i'm just like wtf it's like a mini pharmacy here and these bottles are 10 years old. And I don't care what people say, Hydrocodone may be weaker for those of us with high tolerance, but a high dose via cold water extraction is better than oxycodone to me...more sedating and last longer. Have fun, watch out how much tylenol ya consume,look up how to do a CWE if your having to take that much.

I found two bottles of codeine, one of pills and one liquid, dating back to the mid 80s. This was three years ago. They were just fine with no loss of potency. As long as they were stored out of heat, light, and moisture, there should be relatively no change in the chemical.