• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Foreign crime dramas

Bad Obsession

Bluelighter
As I put in my previous thread, narcos Mexico season 3 starts nxt wk on UK Netflix but there's no shortage of foreign crime dramas - both on Netflix & other networks or DVD. Few notable mentions -

Gomorrah - the series... have seasons 1 - 4 on DVD, quality series as anyone who's seen it will no doubt agree, gritty & violent. Season 5, the final season, shouldn't be too long before its on but its a Sky exclusive so shall wait til its, released on DVD

Suburra - Blood on Rome - the series.... seasons 1 - 3 available on UK Netflix, good show all round, 24 episodes altogether & deffo worth a watch. 3 fellas frm different backgrounds form an unlikely alliance to take on Romes criminal godfather for the control of drugs & land in Italys capital

Romanzo Criminale - the series.... got both seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. Picked em up frm HMV few yrs ago when was going thru a messy relationship breakup as something to take my mind off things - one of the best series I've seen, foreign or otherwise. Based on true story set frm 1977 - 1990 about the Magliana gang, small time crooks with big ambitions who end up taking over Romes drug empire. Great series & nice soundtrack. Would 100% recommend this.

Anyone else watched any of these 3? They're all based on true stories, some more loosely than others with Romanzo Criminale prob being the closest to the truth of the real events

Have to say Italian filmmakers know how to make decent crime dramas 👍🏻👍🏻

We watch mainly series. Here are some of our favorites :

Babylon Berlin
Collateral
Occupied
Wallander (UK)
Wallander (SV) - Series 1 only
Chernobyl
Forbrydelsen
State of Play
The Night Manager
The Saboteurs
Bodyguard
C.B. Strike
Taboo

Last edited:
We watch mainly series. Here are some of our favorites :

Babylon Berlin
Collateral
Occupied
Wallander (UK)
Wallander (SV) - Series 1 only
Chernobyl
Forbrydelsen
Baptiste
State of Play
The Night Manager
The Saboteurs
Bodyguard
C.B. Strike
Taboo
My pal has loaned me Chernobyl on DVD, ain't got round to watching it yet but looks good. I'd actually forgotten he loaned it to me until I saw it on ur list there

Not too much longer for Gomorrah season 5!!! Can't wait.

A pretty overlooked series from Germany called "Beat" i thought was excellent. As well as a crime aspect it does a great job portraying the passion for techno culture in Germany.

Kruk ('Raven') & Blinded by The lights (both from Poland) were both epic. Especially the latter, about a week in the life of a coke dealer.
Follow the Money ('Bedrag') (Denmark)
4 Blocks (Germany)

Its not really a crime drama but somehow feels like one is The Bureau ('le bureau des legendes') from France. Its about intelligence agencies with a lot of dirty tricks & shadiness going on. So actually i would call it a crime drama since it focuses on espionage & govt-mandated crimes. Probably the best thing i have seen in the last 5 years. Intelligent & stylish, great acting, great soundtrack. :)

Gomorrah series is excellent, December is when it starts airing on Sky TV so hopefully the DVD will be available shortly after that. Got series 1 - 4 on DVD so gotta complete the collection

As I put in my previous thread, narcos Mexico season 3 starts nxt wk on UK Netflix but there's no shortage of foreign crime dramas - both on Netflix & other networks or DVD. Few notable mentions -

Gomorrah - the series... have seasons 1 - 4 on DVD, quality series as anyone who's seen it will no doubt agree, gritty & violent. Season 5, the final season, shouldn't be too long before its on but its a Sky exclusive so shall wait til its, released on DVD

Suburra - Blood on Rome - the series.... seasons 1 - 3 available on UK Netflix, good show all round, 24 episodes altogether & deffo worth a watch. 3 fellas frm different backgrounds form an unlikely alliance to take on Romes criminal godfather for the control of drugs & land in Italys capital

Romanzo Criminale - the series.... got both seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. Picked em up frm HMV few yrs ago when was going thru a messy relationship breakup as something to take my mind off things - one of the best series I've seen, foreign or otherwise. Based on true story set frm 1977 - 1990 about the Magliana gang, small time crooks with big ambitions who end up taking over Romes drug empire. Great series & nice soundtrack. Would 100% recommend this.

Anyone else watched any of these 3? They're all based on true stories, some more loosely than others with Romanzo Criminale prob being the closest to the truth of the real events

Thought narcos Mexico season 3 started last wk for some reason but its 5th November..... worth the wait judging by the trailers

Romanzo Criminale was fucking dope!!

Suburra the series i couldn't get into, but the movie of the same name i loved. Unforgettable soundtrack by M83.

Romanzo Criminale was fucking dope!!

Suburra the series i couldn't get into, but the movie of the same name i loved. Unforgettable soundtrack by M83.
Romanzo Criminale is one of the best shows I've ever seen. My dad's 68 & he loved it too, same with Gomorrah, he loved that too & he's not really into either foreign movies or crime shows.
I liked Suburra series but still deffo not a patch on the other 2 shows - RC & Gomorrah 👍🏻

Finished the last series of Gomorrah last wk - brilliant show frm start to finish. Some series start to get a bit stale as they progress but this one didn't disappoint at all. Not one bad season outta the 5. Highly recommended 👍🏻

Started watching Dogs of Berlin few nights ago, only 1 episode in but looks promising enough

Watched that when it came on Netflix 2 - 3 months ago, was very impressed. I hear they're starting or have already started the production of a second season

That's right, we're waiting for that, too. You might want to check these out as well :

Black Book [2006]
Flame and Citron [2008]
Spooks (MI5) - esp seasons 4-10

Success=Mullvad+qBittorrent+Bit Che (in that order)

Last edited: