• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

For Your Consideration

Retoxx

Bluelighter
Over the last two days of the Memorial day weekend, Sunday and Monday. My best friend and roommate was gone. He left at 2:30 PM on Sunday. We, his girlfriend, a friend, and I had made plans with my friend to go out Sunday night. Well, by 10:30 PM he wasn't back, he didn't bother to call, and all the people that we called hadn't seen that day. So, we left a note, and went to party. We didn't get back to my place until 5 AM, and there still was no sign of him, and no message on the voicemail. Later that day (Mon.) his girlfriend shows up looking for him. He also had borrowed her car to, as he said, "I'm goin' to a friend's. I'll be right back." She gets pissed off, grabs her shit, and leaves a note tell this guy to fuck off, and leaves with a guy-friend who was there to help her pack. On Tues. at 11 AM my friend finally comes home, and tells me this story about how he was in hiding the 2 days because the guy he was with got shot over a bad pot deal. He said that dude got it twice in the back, so my friend put him the car, and dropped him off at a friend's house. I checked the car, and no blood. He stuck to his story. When he found out that his girlfriend left, he tracked her down at this guy's mom's place. He (my friend) proceeded to try and force his way in, all the while threatening to kill everyone in the trailer. To make a long story short, he made several threatening remarkes to his now ex-girlfriend, who just recently informed me that she had once caught my friend with another woman, and it was brought to my attention that he (my now ex-friend) was trying to sell my $130 guitar compressor around town for $50. When I confronted him about this he told me he loaned to a friend. That's when I received a call from the guy he sold it to. This guy told me that my ex-friend said he needed the money to buy coke. I will not be lied to, nor will I tolerate being ripped off. That's why I ended the friendship, and quit the band. It wasn't long after that the other band members quit also. I didn't spend over $5000 on guitars, amps, effects, and a sound system for this little pissant to support his coke habit. In closing; I lost my best friend, my band, and was forced to move out of house we were renting, because of this little fucker. I'm not posting an opinion about coke. I'll leave that up to you.

par·a·graph (pr-grf) n. A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words.
It is exhausting to read a post containing one huge paragraph.
So let me get this straight. From what I can glean here, you have the word of one guy who bought a second-hand guitar compressor that your friend was hocking it to buy cocaine. Does that make sense? Would you announce that you're hocking equipment to get a fix?
Also, instead of booting this guy from the band and the apartment, you chose to leave, now you're whining about how you lost the band and the house.
Um... okay. Sounds like you have only YOU to blame.
[This message has been edited by Petersko (edited 26 June 2001).]

that's why i stay away from the hard shit!
------------------
The only real drug problem is scorin real good drugs -- IM me if u want: Diskchucker
-- [email protected]

Let's see. He also threatened my life, and my physical well being. Instead of staying at the house; where he knew where I was; I left. Discretion is the better part of valor. I'm too pretty to die people. I'm not whining as some would say. Just posting a life experience, so that others might learn about it.

My initial reaction is that same as one of Petersko's comments...
if he's the fucknut who's screwing everything up then kick his ass out of the band and house, why let him screw shit up for you
sounds dumb to me

I think if you really want to get back at coke then take the 'pepsi challenge'. And then sell that script to the 'x' files. With the money you make from that story, invest in a GHB production facility in Sudan, and put a lot of hungry people to work. Then with your profits buy yourself an overdose of your drug of choice.
------------------
"a little brain damage can be a good thing"

Cut the guy some slack. I can't really blame him for trying to avoid a crackhead who's on a rampage. Maybe some of you like to get in people's faces and "throw down" to fix stuff but that rarely works - esp a crackhead or someone way gone into their meth binge. Seems to me that unless you like risking your life just get away from the person.
Or call me a wimp - I don't really care.

Ok, this guy has a coke problem, thanks for the story, we are all wiser for this knowledge that you have imparted upon us...
Oh, wait, this has nothing to do with anything... I am sure everyone has some horror story about the friend who lost control ...
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK