• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

For those who know how cannabis can make you super-anxious, is there a way to avoid it? With certain drug-combining?

Benzos, diazepam (Valium), alprazolam (Xanax), lorazepam (Ativan). I used to smoke a gang of THC in every form, I would always feel paranoid anxious and worryin till my doc gave me lorazepam (Ativan) for anxiety, wheeeew there started my benzoficianato ways! I would not suggest Valium due to the extreme sedating effect, Diazepam never did me any fun nor leveled any of me out unless I wanted to sleep lol, I would def suggest 1-4mg of lorazepam and you’ll be able to hit the burger joint and smash 3 burgers and fries instead of worryin about “they know I’m high, oh fuck I smoked too much I’m too high, are my eyes red!?”

same I've always loved weed but I do think it is a gateway drug but 4 months ago before then I always praised it as harmless but it ain't it's a line you cross that brings other lines to cross if I didn't cross the line I would not be in opiates maybe the same can be said about you? I'm also a opiate addict I moved on to heroin a year ago because the pills were just to expensive and I had to take ridiculous amounts the withdrawals were bad then.. So you can only imagine what they are like for me now plus I have a diagnosed chronic pain condition on here I won't say what because I will get the bluelight armchair doctors diagnosing me and patronising me that I 'don't need opiates' because a couple of druggies know better then a professional 25 year veteran doctor ha.

sorry to hear about your benzo habit on top of opiate that must suck I can barely afford my habit so can only imagine, what that's like what are benzoes like what would they bring to the table if I started taking them? Keeping in mind I take heroin and weed and any other opiates I can get my hands on I take promethazine to I'm mentioning that because it does to me what benzoes do for others and more including getting rid of opiate nausea and malaise they help me sleep, eat relax(if I got my gear fix and don't have to worry about withdrawal they do help withdrawal though) and best of all they ain't physically addictive like insidious other drugs they are kind of mentally addictive in the way that they are so damn good and effective drug they relax help do all those things above and are great that kind of addictive heck promethazine even feels good when you are coming down off it because you feel or heavy and have to take your time I've always had a thing for sleeping pills cus I'm a fidgety person I have a habit of making others around me anxious around me because I can't just relax and sit still but when I have tablets like these I can I can sit still and relax my body language like a 'normal ' person

It's good to meet a brother anyway I always like talking to anyone who does the same drugs as me I usually always learn something new what opiates do you take/have took?? How long to if you don't mind me asking

-nope-
mm I don't know, for me the entry drug to this world was alcohol, I tried it when I was 13 years old and I liked the effect, I switched to marijuana at the same age and I tried other drugs at 14, I think it's for me addictive personality, some friends who tried marijuana at the same time that I never tried the drugs that I have tried
My addiction to benzos is for therapeutic use, they were given to me when I entered rehabilitation due to a dependence on cocaine that I had acquired (a habit of crack and cocaine) in which I had 2 overdoses and I was very anxious, even so I suffer from anxiety from a young age as far as I can remember .. benzos are the worst shit there is, they are not even pleasant drugs by themselves, they only calm anxiety and allow me to live calmly, today I am taking diazepam which is giving me my mother to better control my pill habit and also methadone 10mg to help me stop opiates
My history with opiates is based on the consumption of tramadol mainly, but also codeine, morphine and oxy. I was clean for 2 weeks and had a relapse 1 week ago, so they decided that methadone is the best option so that I don't relapse. in Argentina and really cases like mine are very rare, basically the opiate dependents are patients with chronic pain-cancer or doctors .. I hope I can overcome this, it is odious to depend on 2 substances so addictive at the same time
haha don't worry you can ask whatever, I'm not paranoid despite everything
I still love the herb, once all this pill habit has passed I plan to only use marijuana and other drugs once or twice a year (mdma, mushrooms and lsd)

Last edited by a moderator:
-save the drama for your mama-
whered my name go?
😷
mistaken identity, once again.
i been smokin so long i have very little to add to conversations regarding weed. thanks anyway for calling me out, pete. ;)
always watching; always watching....
ABQJYcJ.png

=D=D=D=D=D=D<3

Summarizing some points, if one still wants to smoke despite the induced paranoia, so come to brazil, weed's quality over here is so bad that one will not have to be worried about paranoia, because THC levels will be the adequate ones for a soft trip.

in addition and specially highlighting this tasteful aspect, donkey shit is probably the most common contaminant regarding the overspread marketed brick weed

So I can smoke about 10 g of this amazing mixture of equine shit + grass + cannabis and avoid all the gaps that paranoia could bring about.

Furthermore, by adding two more natural elements to my joints, I can be even more closer to nature while tripping

Envy this motherfuckers from northern hemisphere.

I haven't checked all replies but I read on Leafly that smelling a bit of black pepper is anxiolytic for cannabis users due to the entourage effect of terpines in cannabis and piperine (sp?) There is also an entourage effect from a terp in mango that is said to make cannabis last longer.

Dunno I stopped being anxious when I got my pot card. Now a trip to score is essential.

I noticed that methadone and then buprenorphine take away the anxious feelings when I puff some vapor

Just smoke through it.. lol
Ive been smoking for years and randomly I have times in my life where it will cause paranoia, regardless of strain... so I just cut back and/or accept that if I want to be high paranoia is part and parcel of the experience, for the time being anyways.

Mind now with legalization, Id be curious to see if a lower thc, higher cbd ratio would make a difference... logic dictates it should.

I used to have the same problem. What fixed it for me was making a video of myself sober before smoking reassuring my high self watching the video that things are perfectly okay and there is no need to be anxious or worry.

It’s not a quick fix but meditation changed the game for me. I gave up on weed as the older I got the greater the heeby jeebies. But daily meditation has allowed me to smoke again and it feels a lot better.

for me gabapentin works good with weed
I hate going in public stoned some times, for me gaba or a couple drinks

Hi,

I'm smoking Cannabis since 23 years and of course i got paranoid a few times. You cannot avoid it. The only thing you can do (no, the only thing that I do when I sense it's goint into the wrong way, i lie down and tell myself, wait half an hour and everyting will be allright.

And I was always right :D

JJ

Would you say a very low dose of some benzo, something like 0.25mg of alprazolam or something like that, if you don't want benzos some codeine maybe? I have generalized anxiety disorder with panic attacks, for some reason weed helps me a lot with my anxiety, although I take other drugs too .. they would be nothing without the herb, I suppose we are all different

Hi,

why the fuck Benzos if you have a really good Indica???? if you take whatever benzo it will accumulate and makes the experience much stronger which i don't recommend if you already are suffering from a anxiety disorder and panic attacks. It will the situation gets worse in my opinion.

JJ

Last edited:
Hi,

why the fuck Benzos if you have a really good Indica???? if you take whatever benzo it will accumulate and makes the experience much stronger which i don't recommend if you already are suffering from a anxiety disorder and panic attacks. It will the situation gets worse in my opinion.

JJ

They're based on their diagnosis. They don't take it only to get fucked up but to cure their PTSD, anxiety disorders/depression even alcohol withdrawal. As for mixing benzos/green while it's a good way to boost your high, if you can't handle you may blackout or even have a heart stroke. Some may pop adderall for more self-control/focus.

I was serious before. My only anxiety was this is illegal and I am going to prison. Once I got over that it was all mellow. Then I moved to some place where a joint in your sock was a bust and certainly the 3 oz in my freezer made me the south west connection. Then I got a card and it is all mellow now.