• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc for opiate users, Suboxone users, etc.. how are you shitting?

IMtrying

Ex-Bluelighter
been a while since I took a "normal" shit; wondering what is out there? I am taking laxatives and everything as of now but still nothing good to come from it yet.

seriously been shitting bricks.

Im on 32mg subs a day and it hasnt affected me in that way (nearly 3 years now.) however due to laxative abuse in my teens and 20's I've never been great in that way and find I have to take psyllium husk daily without fail (takes a few days to work but it does) plus a lot of pears and water. Other opiates affected ne more than the Suboxone.

I wish I had it that easy; I truly SHIT BRICKS twice a week if I am lucky.

been taking more and more stool softener/medication over the past week and hoping things turn out much better.

bud, out of curiosity, why you on so much Suboxone? I understand if you can get it scripted, why not.. but 32MG? damn. only in Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. I came down from 24MG to 8MG (from 24MG right to 8MG over night) and never felt a difference but once thing it did help was my "sexual" side, lol. also made it much easier take 1 pill in the AM rather than 3 pills throughout a day. I also feel better on the lesser amount of Suboxone; this is not my first time but I'd like to get down to 2MG if possible; its when I felt best last time but ended up w/ a terrible relapse and went on a killer run.

When I was using my body would adjust after being on a consistent dose, even doing 12-15 bags a day I would still drop one everyday or at least every other day? I find being all over the place with your doses messes up my GI tract more than being on a higher more consistent dose. I'm on subs now about 4mg in the am and 2-3mg before bed and manage to go everyday sometimes even 2x a day. I'm so thankful subs don't back me up like some people. More than 1 person has said subs make them more constipated than heroin/done.

A big help is plenty of water and exercise. When I was doing 15 bags a day I had a pretty labor intensive job and I know that's a big reason I stayed pretty regular

I was still waking up in pain and sick every morning so it just kept getting bumped up. Some people metabolise opioids differently, I can't remember what it's called but there is a test you can do for it and im one of them, im only small but it's the same with benzos for me. What my dr didn't tell was to split my dose, I was still waking up in pain at 32 once a day but as soon as someone on another forum suggested splitting it I was fine. So I could have stayed on a lower dose im sure. Im trying to take 16mg most days now and just my full dose every few days when I need it.

I always get super constipated when I use, and it usually starts the day after I start using again. While I was in suboxone it wasn't as bad, but I was still constipated. One of the many unperceived downsides of opiates I discovered when I decided I liked them.

Phillips milk of magnesia. This will not only make you go to the bathroom, but you'll feel soooo less bloated. Even helps on methadone which has got to be the most constipating opiate I've ever dealt with

There is a supplement I get at whole foods called Smooth move, it contains Senna and it is the only thing that works for me. I also take a stool softner occasionally. I take it every other day and I go about 3-5 times a day. I take around 8 pm and by 8 - 10 am, the fun starts.

thanks for all the info, peeps. I will keep everyone updated.

been taking the stool softner and miralax and so far, so good. its getting "softer" but by no means is it easy yet. still somewhat hard as a rock but a softer rock, if that makes sense. ha.

Every now and then you just gotta bite the bullet and give yourself a quick enema. I'm not talking about one of those 500ml+ ones but it's a little tube with about a 3inch pencil sized tube with a miniaturised toothpaste bottom....stick it in, squeeze the contents of the toothpaste end and in about 2minutes you're running to the toilet and you should boop like a mfucker and that will get things moving over here the product is called Microlax .....give it a try. I'm a strong believer in a daily shit or at least every two days. Take care man.

I bought an Enema and will be doing it Friday; havent shit in a day or two now but its been getting a little better w/ stool softeners so lets see how the Enema works baby.

Stool softeners seem to be good enough for me. My problem is I am too lazy to always keep water going down the hatch, especially when I am in withdrawal.

With suboxone, I usually get constipated the first week or 2 on it just as bad as heroin, but stool softeners and water seem to do the trick always for me eventually. And yeah, methadone was one of the worst constipation I ever had to deal with. I couldn't Shit out anything for 8 days straight. When I finally went, man was it ugly! Long story short (no pun intended), had to deal with a clogged toilet a couple times, and I didn't know the bowels could hold so much Shit... Wow.

This chronic constipation from opiates I think is the cause of my GI problems today... It's not officially diagnosed, but I know I have hemorrhoids, external and internal, from all the hard straining I have done, and maybe ulcerative colitis or even crohns disease. Does anyone if opiate induced chronic constipation can cause these conditions?

I rapid tapered bupe a while ago and at higher (2mgs+) doses I'd be constipated but anything under and I'd be on schedule.

Right now I'm maintaining at 0.25mg/day (not to keep off dope but to keep depression in check) and it has no effect on my bowel movements at all.

I was still waking up in pain and sick every morning so it just kept getting bumped up. Some people metabolise opioids differently, I can't remember what it's called but there is a test you can do for it and im one of them, im only small but it's the same with benzos for me. What my dr didn't tell was to split my dose, I was still waking up in pain at 32 once a day but as soon as someone on another forum suggested splitting it I was fine. So I could have stayed on a lower dose im sure. Im trying to take 16mg most days now and just my full dose every few days when I need it.

32...milligrams of buprenorphine?! Tell me you mean methadone...

Edit: I see this is a necrothread and that was from a while ago. 32mgs of bupe would fill every receptor of an elephant. Way too much man.

miralix, milk of magnesia, and lots of prune juice generally dose the trick. also lots of water because your large intestine is generally dehydrated.

32mgs of bupe would fill every receptor of an elephant. Way too much man.

Indeed, no wonder one can't shit on these ridiculous doses.

I always go to the toilet in the morning before doing my dose and I don't need any remedies. But I am only on ~1mg a day so it is not that bad.
But the general rule should be: Poop first, then pop :)

enemas for everyone!
I did it; wasnt as good as I was expecting; meaning I thought I'd shit a lot more out, ha. it was a bit easier but was still a tight push. at first most of the liquid was just the liquid I put in my own ass; I had no idea it was all about liquid. legit, there like a half bottle of poland springs going into your ass and then you wait for about a minute and get that urge. now for me, it happened like this.. I got that SHIT feeling, and had to go. the minute I sat down it came FLYING OUT but it was just LIQUID, not actual SHIT! I think it was the liquid that I actually put into my ass rather than being a shitty liquid. so after the water/liquid came out, I started to fire out those ROCKS that some would call shit but they were just boulders in this case. so those came firing out and I wanted to cry for about 5 seconds or so. then I had to push, push, push and push more and more. few more boulders came firing out. then a bit more liquid. I was only on the toiler for a 2 minute total I'd say; I was expecting so much more; seriously, I thought I'd be on there for 10 minutes and a whole lot more shit but NOTHING ELSE! so I feel I am still JAMMED (not in a good way) up there but was just unable to shit. BUT, over the last 2 days (since taking it) my shit has be coming out a bit easier, so thats a good thing. listen, for the $4 its worth a shot. it made me shit when I didnt have to, it cleared out some hard as a rock shit when I wasnt ready to shit, and since then my shit has been hard as WOOD rather than a ROCK. so its a win-win in my eyes.

Honestly, I've never found laxatives that effective. When I was strung out on tar I would literally fear taking a dump. I'd have to find a public bathroom with lots of stalls (cause I'd know I was going to be there for a while) and then spend fifteen minutes panting and sweating like a mother in labor (but much less attractive). I've literally gone two weeks without taking a shit. The best solution is to hydrate the hell out of yourself.