• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol For how long do you need to drink to get WD's???

johnnyloperamide: Take it from me. Do not use alcohol to help cope. It becomes your security blanket when things get rough, and it becomes very easy to go from a casual drinker to a problem drinker and not even realize it. Most of the time someone else has to point it out to you.

I say this from experience. If you are knee deep in shit drinking alcohol will raise it waist level, and finally over your head. Your problems will be magnified because now you have to drink to feel like yourself. Chances are you will justify it by surrounding yourself with other likeminded individuals....I threw a lot of house parties so my drinking didn't seem so bad.

Also, no problem is ever insurmountable. If you need help and encouragement there are so many people on here that help and encourage me daily.

Hopefully, things get better, but pm me if you just want to vent.

Once again manboychef gives good and sound advice. Couldn't have put it better myself.

I've found that most alcoholics, like other addicts, are very physically unhealthy too. They tend to not eat and only get their calories from the booze. I actually gained weight when I stopped drinking, but the swelling in my middle disappeared. It wasn't weight though, it was my liver saying PLEASE NO MORE and fluid retention.

The social harm from drinking only seems that much worse when people realize just how damaging alcohol is to the body also. It will absolutely blow your mind how fast it can ruin your health. Six shots a night isn't excessive per se, but it is enough to hurt you physically whether or not you get WD's.

OP sounds like you will not experience WD at that level. But the rate at which you are drinking and the reasons for which you are drinking I think it will be no time at all before you end up an alcoholic. This is serious shit brother, alcohol addiction is one of the messier addictions I ever had. It can take everything from you and cause some of the most sickening WDs imaginable. Believe me having an alcohol addiction is the worst thing because it is legal and you can get it everywhere and if you need to you can find enough coins on the street to get a can or two or high proof malt liquor. Bad news brother stay away.

OP sounds like you will not experience WD at that level. But the rate at which you are drinking and the reasons for which you are drinking I think it will be no time at all before you end up an alcoholic. This is serious shit brother, alcohol addiction is one of the messier addictions I ever had. It can take everything from you and cause some of the most sickening WDs imaginable. Believe me having an alcohol addiction is the worst thing because it is legal and you can get it everywhere and if you need to you can find enough coins on the street to get a can or two or high proof malt liquor. Bad news brother stay away.

+1. I always had enough money to drink, which was good at first, but a bad thing in the end. It made stopping very hard because it literally was everywhere. Can't go down the street without seeing beer cans, can't get food without getting offered a drink, can't turn the tv on to decompress because of alcohol commercials.