• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

For all you opiate users here : Top tips on handling withdrawal?

I only cold turkeyed once about 2 years ago, lasted 6 weeks and I was still not sleeping, restless legs etc etc, I got some clonidine from a very sympathetic doc and some zopiclone (but i only got 7 days worth) and they didnt really do much tbh

I caved in and went on Bupe and now I am struggling to get off that!

willpower & determination are the best I think and exercise so I keep reading on here ;-)

but I dont think that includes w@nking... well it didnt work for me !! lol and when I tried to roger the missus I shot my bolt after about 20 seconds when I was going through WD's so that was not good exercise either ! Anyone else find that ? when you are WD'ing you cum in about 20 seconds ? IS that the same for women too ? just asking!

What dose of clonidine were you taking daily for the withdrawals?

Taking a break from all of your responsibilities. When I used to be able to do that, and just lie in bed for a week, I could kick any habit CT. It's having to show up for work/family, etc. that makes it impossible now.
This is the only way imo.
You will be ill, so make up an illness that fits, gastric flu is a good one. Then take a week off from all responsibilities after stocking up on dioralyte, imodium and some dry biscuits to live on until food gets easier to handle.
My last couple of detoxes also involved a lot of weed and gabapentin, as much as I can get, it shuts down some parts of the brain that scream the loudest.

Sorry for the late reply man, went awol and well... new start tomorrow, have some benzos on the way I fucking hope and a re-try! I wish it was anywhere near just 500 quid of debt, trust me. I'll get there though, and everyone paid off.

Bro after you pay this load of debt dont get anymore, even if it means you have to have less for a while or go without that's good because it will effect you more if you can't manage this(which is more than understandable ofc)get some methadone just get rid of the debt mate I used to do that and one time my money got stopped for months and I owed over 500 quid Luckily I think he was that sick of me running up my bill not paying in full and paying late he just told me not to worry about it but that he "wasn't selling anymore" I was a lot younger I think he generally felt sorry for me but this is not the norm mate I have been very lucky I didn't realize until a few years but I was mainly lucky that I didn't get my legs broke or something,or worse and it sucks paying debt all the time then having to ask more it looks bad to.

Stop getting debt bro come on you can go a month with less trust me

Sorry for the late reply man, went awol and well... new start tomorrow, have some benzos on the way I fucking hope and a re-try! I wish it was anywhere near just 500 quid of debt, trust me. I'll get there though, and everyone paid off.

Bro after you pay this load of debt dont get anymore, even if it means you have to have less for a while or go without that's good because it will effect you more if you can't manage this(which is more than understandable ofc)get some methadone just get rid of the debt mate I used to do that and one time my money got stopped for months and I owed over 500 quid Luckily I think he was that sick of me running up my bill not paying in full and paying late he just told me not to worry about it but that he "wasn't selling anymore" I was a lot younger I think he generally felt sorry for me but this is not the norm mate I have been very lucky I didn't realize until a few years but I was mainly lucky that I didn't get my legs broke or something,or worse and it sucks paying debt all the time then having to ask more it looks bad to.

Stop getting debt bro come on you can go a month with less trust me

Day 3 is always the bloody worst. Anytime I actually made it past that point I knew I was gonna see it out.

Agreed. I only ever made it past day 3 once - and that was the first time. I actually made it to day 10 that time and was starting to feel normal. Then I relapsed.

Never made it past day 2 since then (without the help of a long and tortuous methadone reduction program)

Top tip:
You HAVE to have something else to fill your day in order to take your mind off your addiction. This might sound obvious, but it is easily overlooked.

Last edited:
Agreed. I only ever made it past day 3 once - and that was the first time. I actually made it to day 10 that time and was starting to feel normal. Then I relapsed.

Never made it past day 2 since then (without the help of a long and tortuous methadone reduction program)

Top tip:
You HAVE to have something else to fill your day in order to take your mind off your addiction. This might sound obvious, but it is easily overlooked.

I've not had any heroin for nearly 5 days

I've been in the same situation mate it's not easy not easy at all.

I only cold turkeyed once about 2 years ago, lasted 6 weeks and I was still not sleeping, restless legs etc etc, I got some clonidine from a very sympathetic doc and some zopiclone (but i only got 7 days worth) and they didnt really do much tbh

willpower & determination are the best I think and exercise so I keep reading on here ;-)

but I dont think that includes w@nking... well it didnt work for me !! lol and when I tried to roger the missus I shot my bolt after about 20 seconds when I was going through WD's so that was not good exercise either ! Anyone else find that ? when you are WD'ing you cum in about 20 seconds ? IS that the same for women too ? just asking!
You were still in WD after 6 weeks?? Somethings not right there

@FatBellyWhipSlay I have found that in WD I cum fast and often. It helps ease the pain of WD if you stay hydrated. I recommend having water based lube handy.

Aside from low dose Imodium and Tylenol, you HAVE to get physically active ASAP. Exercise, regardless how minimal you the sooner you start. My last kick from I walked around my block in my bathrobe twice a day. With low dose Imodium on board, I was nely certain I wouldn't shit my boxer briefs or pule. And if I had I was close enough to home that it didn't matter. After your 4th day you can venture out further. It can be hard to get going, very hard. Just know that you will feel better far more quickly then if you don't. Typically I start with 3-4 laps around my block and just keep increasing it slowly. When PAWS hits, which it most certainly will, I ride my bike religiously everyday at least a mile, but usually more like 5 to 10. I cannot emphasize how much it helps. Even if it is the hardest thing you've ever done, get up and do it!

@Ganjcat I am also curious about the length of WD. Physical should only last 5 to 20 days tops; Maybe they mean PAWS included?

Last edited:
@FatBellyWhipSlay I have found that in WD I cum fast and often. It helps ease the pain of WD if you stay hydrated. I recommend having water based lube handy.

Aside from low dose Imodium and Tylenol, you HAVE to get physically active ASAP. Exercise, regardless how minimal you the sooner you start. My last kick from I walked around my block in my bathrobe twice a day. With low dose Imodium on board, I was nely certain I wouldn't shit my boxer briefs or pule. And if I had I was close enough to home that it didn't matter. After your 4th day you can venture out further. It can be hard to get going, very hard. Just know that you will feel better far more quickly then if you don't. Typically I start with 3-4 laps around my block and just keep increasing it slowly. When PAWS hits, which it most certainly will, I ride my bike religiously everyday at least a mile, but usually more like 5 to 10. I cannot emphasize how much it helps. Even if it is the hardest thing you've ever done, get up and do it!

@Ganjcat I am also curious about the length of WD. Physical should only last 5 to 20 days tops; Maybe they mean PAWS included?
Hmm maybe... Either way that dudes had it rough if I was them I'd get on a methadone program better then suffering for all that time dont forget dealers put shit like benzos sleeping pills and God knows what else in the cut

See my post about nad if you’re interested in going to actual treaAtme r. Also, I’ve read vitamin c used to be used as “methadone”. You can buy stuff to mix into water because youlll need loads but it was hard on the stomach.

electrolyte drinks. Wish I had known about this sooner.

zofran for nausea if you’re able to get a script.

maybe Keaton? Helps some people.
you could also look into ibogaine.

You can medicate yourself all to hell for all the physical symptoms but it was the anxiety and restlessness and the mind fucks. Everyone was like just keep yourself busy (yeah, easier said than done)
Buuuut, it wasn’t until I had pulled a muscle in my neck one time while I was withdrawing so I smoke some weed to try to relax it but I had to put my heated TENS unit on my neck and leaned forward on my stack of pillows (can’t lay flat when I’m nauseated and cramping, this position works!!) the next thing I know, I’m waking up 4 1/2 hours later!! I used to have a vibrator thing that I could hook on to the back of my neck but it burnt out so I ended up getting the TENS. And it soothes that restless feeling you get when you feel like jumping out of your skin.
Another helpful hint is a quick sniff of isospyrol alcohol will quell nausea almost instantly. NOT HUFFING!!! Just a quick smell!!

And lastly, I have a heating pad and electric blanket. I live in Florida but in wd’s, might as well live in Antarctica! So, I wrap up, head and all and just sweat it out but try to stay hydrated. Sweet but mildly flavored juice is probably best. And it is supposed to help with nausea as well!!

Well, good luck!! Hope ANY of these helps!! 🥰

Lasted about 1 minute if even. Worst thing was, the girl was visiting me for three weeks and she had no idea I was in the middle of kicking so she just thought I was like that (and likely a grumpy asshole). Going to make sure I make up for that the next time I see her.
Flew over to Canada too in withdrawals at one point...so, so stupid...and ever so very, very cold. I'll never forget it.

Last edited:
See my post about nad if you’re interested in going to actual treaAtme r. Also, I’ve read vitamin c used to be used as “methadone”. You can buy stuff to mix into water because youlll need loads but it was hard on the stomach.

electrolyte drinks. Wish I had known about this sooner.

zofran for nausea if you’re able to get a script.

maybe Keaton? Helps some people.
you could also look into ibogaine.

Keaton? Do you mean Kratom?

Ultimate Fix, you were on the right track to begin with--- in that you know what you're doing. And there's a LOT of very good advice here.
On why it seems like the end of the world when it really isn't: I think is has a lot to do with anticipatory anxiety but also the fact that opiates make you feel so good and WDs make you feel so bad. So, you're going from one extreme to another--- not just feeling OK and then sick, but feeling great to feeling horrible . Polar opposites. It's jarring.

Here are my tweaks on the good advice, from personal experience. YMMV, of course:
  • Be sure you have at least a week of NO responsibilities. Zero. This, in my opinion, is crucial.
  • Part of that means making sure you're stocked up on anything and everything you may need.
  • Exercise? Yes, but I don't agree with "strenuous" unless you already do that regularly. You don't need any extra strains, sprains, aches, or pains. Take it easy.
  • Water. Lots and lots of water. And fruit juice. Very moderate alcohol consumption can help-- BUT I mean VERY moderate. Don't get drunk, or even tipsy. I'm talking one or two beers (or glasses of wine) a day, tops. No liquor.
  • Vitamins, ibuprofen, loperamide, melatonin, diphenhydramine, and LOW DOSES of benzodiazepines are all your friends. Be careful with benzos. IMHO, benzo addiction is worse than opioid addiction.
  • Long hot showers or soaks in hot baths are amazingly helpful. Take as long as your hot water lasts.
  • Masturbation. Normally, sex with another person is better, of course. But WDs make me extremely antisocial and the other person's pleasure is not a priority. If you have an exceedingly kind and understanding partner, go for it. Otherwise, jerk off. A lot. I mean A LOT.
  • Movies. The genre is up to you-- whatever you can really get into. The "suspension of disbelief" becomes quite therapeutic when you can become so immersed in the movie that you completely forget about reality (and how you feel) for a while. Ideally, you want access to hundreds of hours of films.
  • My dog, a rescued pit bull, has "rescued" me many times. She is absolutely non-judgmental and adores me unconditionally. Just scratching her belly while she lies next to me does wonders for my emotional well-being.
  • Finally, always remember "This is not forever. It WILL end." Keep reminding yourself of that fact.

Hope some of this helps. We're rooting for you.

Oh, and I almost forgot! Yes, kratom can be quite helpful but it affects everyone differently and it can vary strangely even with the same person, same dose. Start with low doses, wait a while, increase in very small increments.

Last edited:
Ultimate Fix, you were on the right track to begin with--- in that you know what you're doing. And there's a LOT of very good advice here.
On why it seems like the end of the world when it really isn't: I think is has a lot to do with anticipatory anxiety but also the fact that opiates make you feel so good and WDs make you feel so bad. So, you're going from one extreme to another--- not just feeling OK and then sick, but feeling great to feeling horrible . Polar opposites. It's jarring.

Here are my tweaks on the good advice, from personal experience. YMMV, of course:
  • Be sure you have at least a week of NO responsibilities. Zero. This, in my opinion, is crucial.
  • Part of that means making sure you're stocked up on anything and everything you may need.
  • Exercise? Yes, but I don't agree with "strenuous" unless you already do that regularly. You don't need any extra strains, sprains, aches, or pains. Take it easy.
  • Water. Lots and lots of water. And fruit juice. Very moderate alcohol consumption can help-- BUT I mean VERY moderate. Don't get drunk, or even tipsy. I'm talking one or two beers (or glasses of wine) a day, tops. No liquor.
  • Vitamins, ibuprofen, loperamide, melatonin, diphenhydramine, and LOW DOSES of benzodiazepines are all your friends. Be careful with benzos. IMHO, benzo addiction is worse than opioid addiction.
  • Long hot showers or soaks in hot baths are amazingly helpful. Take as long as your hot water lasts.
  • Masturbation. Normally, sex with another person is better, of course. But WDs make me extremely antisocial and the other person's pleasure is not a priority. If you have an exceedingly kind and understanding partner, go for it. Otherwise, jerk off. A lot. I mean A LOT.
  • Movies. The genre is up to you-- whatever you can really get into. The "suspension of disbelief" becomes quite therapeutic when you can become so immersed in the movie that you completely forget about reality (and how you feel) for a while. Ideally, you want access to hundreds of hours of films.
  • My dog, a rescued pit bull, has "rescued" me many times. She is absolutely non-judgmental and adores me unconditionally. Just scratching her belly while she lies next to me does wonders for my emotional well-being.
  • Finally, always remember "This is not forever. It WILL end." Keep reminding yourself of that fact.

Hope some of this helps. We're rooting for you.

Oh, and I almost forgot! Yes, kratom can be quite helpful but it affects everyone differently and it can vary strangely even with the same person, same dose. Start with low doses, wait a while, increase in very small increments.
Can you bring your Self down on benzodiazepines little by little

Ketamine! It works better than benzos for opiate wds. Absolutely eliminates them. Also its not physically addictive. You will have to dose it more often than benzos though.
Just make sure to stay extremely well hydrated when you're using the K and spit the drip out if you're going the nasal ROA.
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍