• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Focalin questions

dood42069

Bluelighter
About 2 hours ago, I snorted 10 MGS of Dexmethylphenidate (focalin). So, about 30 minutes after snorting, I noticed one pupil was bigger than another. I looked it up if this happened with dexmethylphenidate as well as methylphenidate and nothing showed up. So I wanted to know if anyone had advice on what is going on? I do not have a headache and my eyes do not hurt. I can smile on both sides so I know it is not a stroke.

Also, does anyone know how to cure the dry mouth because of vasoconstriction? My mouth is dry as a camels armpit. :( Thanks for any info.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that the last time I used propylhexedrine and it lasted for like 3 days after that, then returned to normal. I have no idea what caused it. I mean I know it was related to the stimulant use, but I had never had it happen before that I noticed.

Man I hope it did not fuck with my brain.

Also, I noticed it gives me a sore throat.

Last edited:
About 2 hours ago, I snorted 10 MGS of Dexmethylphenidate (focalin). So, about 30 minutes after snorting, I noticed one pupil was bigger than another. I looked it up if this happened with dexmethylphenidate as well as methylphenidate and nothing showed up. So I wanted to know if anyone had advice on what is going on? I do not have a headache and my eyes do not hurt. I can smile on both sides so I know it is not a stroke.

Also, does anyone know how to cure the dry mouth because of vasoconstriction? My mouth is dry as a camels armpit. :( Thanks for any info.

Buy Biotene it's like a mouthwash for dry mouth works great also take a multivitamin help with the soreness brush your teeth take a shower you must do all these things so you won't feel like shit

Could it be stim psychosis?

Well so last night I had a really, and I mean REALLY weird experience with dexmethylphenidate. (I hope this does not belong in trip reports, but mods move it if necessary. Im also asking why some things happened) I have a rather low stimulant tolerence and this is the only time with focalin. I have also taken adderall, and propylhexedrine 4 times. So from a friend, I got a 10 MG extended release capusle. I was not tryna get high but I wanted to get my homework done (I had a shit ton of it) but since it was 6 PM, I crushed the beads and snorted it cause I did not want to be up all night (as it lasts the least amount of time) So, I snorted it at 1800.

I will list what happened below

+5 minutes: Weird body feeling

+10 minutes: same as 5 mins but stronger

+20 minutes: full blown fucking dopamine rush (keep in mind this is only 10 milligrams!!!)

I also noted that I had cold hands and a sore throat.

+40 minutes: got all of my homework done in twenty minutes (there was a lot)

Played a game called diep.io for 45 minutes or so

+90 minutes: looked up random shit for 30 or so minutes and noticed my pupils were different sizes in the mirror (yikes! but im fine now)

+120 minutes: went outside to chill out and relax

+180 minutes: came back in and was still high as fuck. also started looking up why my pupils were different sizes

+200 minutes: euphoria wore off and got in bed to try and sleep. also wondering why it is lasting so long when I snorted it.

+240 minutes: started hallucinating and thought people were blowing adderall dust in my face and that was why I was still high. (would this be psychosis???)

So the high lasted until midnight (6 hours) when I only snorted 10 milligrams.

1) Does anyone know why I got such a strong high that also lasted for so long on a low dose when snorted?

2) Were the hallucinations psychosis? (i thought it was totally real)

3) Can you get psychosis from only one use?

Thank you for replies!

Last edited:
Buy Biotene it's like a mouthwash for dry mouth works great also take a multivitamin help with the soreness brush your teeth take a shower you must do all these things so you won't feel like shit
Ok, thank you for the information. I will have to look into biotene.

I take a multivitamin everyday, as well as a fish oil. I also brushed my teeth and took a shower. The shower definitely helped with the sweatiness lol.

i have different sized pupils from brain damage, so this symptom is kinda worrying.
not saying you have BD tho, for one you probs wouldn't be able to log on and chat here so,
still, maybe lay off that stuff? ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

doesn't sound as serious as psychosis, probably just a bit of stim paranoia
hallucinattions themselves aren't psychosis, delusions on the other hand are
you were probs just a bit strung out
༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Ok, I accidentally started this in this thread somehow? or did someone move it here? Also, thanks for the info.

As far as your pupils: It's called anisocoria and it's a documented symptom of stimulant use/abuse. If that's the only thing that's unequal about you it is likely just a side effect of the stims. There's also been some association with SSRI's so seratonin could be the culprit. If anything more than your pupils is unequal I'd see immediate medical attention as it could be a serious issue, although MDMA would typically give me one droopy eyelid. First time I noticed it it scared the hell outta me so I understand your concern. As long as there's no other symptoms I wouldn't stress too much but it never hurts to get checked outand I'll always advocate seeking medical attention for anything that a person thinks is concerning to them.

Dry mouth is a side effect of more than one of my medications so I use the special dry mouth toothpaste and mouthwash. Biotene is a popular brand for dry mouth remedies but they also make store brand and generic that are about half the price.
I also try to keep breath mints handy.

As far as your pupils: It's called anisocoria and it's a documented symptom of stimulant use/abuse. If that's the only thing that's unequal about you it is likely just a side effect of the stims. There's also been some association with SSRI's so seratonin could be the culprit. If anything more than your pupils is unequal I'd see immediate medical attention as it could be a serious issue, although MDMA would typically give me one droopy eyelid. First time I noticed it it scared the hell outta me so I understand your concern. As long as there's no other symptoms I wouldn't stress too much but it never hurts to get checked outand I'll always advocate seeking medical attention for anything that a person thinks is concerning to them.

Ok, thank you for the information. They are back to normal, and I think I am fine.