• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Focalin 10MG

Status
Not open for further replies.

keenanmx

Greenlighter
Hey, everybody. I've lurked here for awhile but I've just joined because I have a question.

I just picked up 4 10MG Focalin (dexmethylphenidate). I've tried adderall and vyvanse before, but never ritalin or focalin. I've read up and apparently focalin is basically stronger ritalin, but I've also read that effects will only last like 1-2 hours? I'm thinking about snorting them, and I know it's not going to be a strong high, but I don't care. Just for me and some friends to chill out on with some weed on a Friday night. So, just wondering what your guys' input is, as far as snort vs. pop, how long it lasts, and if 10MG each is enough to get a good buzz/high, or just general info.

Thanks everyone!

I sincerely doubt the effects would last only 1-2 hours, maybe if you're a regular user with an extreme tolerance, but even then I don't know...

Although this medication has a shitty oral bioavailability, I recommend your first time (if you can't be swayed from not using them at all, I don't see any recreational value to it, it would just make me feel like shit and jittery) be with oral dosing of 10mg.

Last edited:
^ Isn't Focalin a lot less jittery than Ritalin, or are all MPH/d-MPH products not CNS selective and just jittery?

I was actually considering it as an alternative to Dexedrine + Caffeine, as the Dex made me sleepy and the caffeine was used to counteract that sleepiness and keep me awake throughout the night during long study sessions. Focalin seems like it would feel similar to this combo, but maybe reuptake inhibitors aren't the way to go with Rx stims...

I don't tolerate the side effects of MPH, racemic or otherwise.

Something about MPH products screams "kid's meal" to me, as if they're not real medications for real grownup adults. Maybe it's the stigma that Ritalin has for being used as a children's medication, while amphetamine products are used for adolescents and adults.

I wonder if the people who are unhappy with the side-effects of MPH products (Concerta seems to be the first line of treatment these days) just put up with these horrible side effects and never discover the upgrade that is amphetamine products. Browsing blogs shows so many adolescents and adults suffering with Concerta and Ritalin, but they just put up with it... :\

If only the whole world was one big Bluelighter globe, where everyone knew everything about every drug ;)

Something about MPH products screams "kid's meal" to me, as if they're not real medications for real grownup adults. Maybe it's the stigma that Ritalin has for being used as a children's medication, while amphetamine products are used for adolescents and adults.

I wonder if the people who are unhappy with the side-effects of MPH products (Concerta seems to be the first line of treatment these days) just put up with these horrible side effects and never discover the upgrade that is amphetamine products. Browsing blogs shows so many adolescents and adults suffering with Concerta and Ritalin, but they just put up with it... :\

If only the whole world was one big Bluelighter globe, where everyone knew everything about every drug ;)

I totally get what you're saying, but yeah, I think that really comes from the fact that there are so many little kids prescribed Ritalin. I've heard a lot of people that obviously prefer adderall but also a good amount of people that like Focalin specifically better than adderall.

I definitely agree that some patients, like myself, respond much better to the non-racemic, purely dextro isomers of such stimulants.

@EM, I have wondered the same thing. I absolutely could not stand the methylphenidate family, or any of the amphetamines until they put me on dextroamphetamine which was a significant improvement, but the side effects were still very present, so I switched to dextromethamphetamine and am overall satisfied with it's amazing therapeutic potential. In low doses it behaves completely different than it's pure illicit form.

I definitely agree that some patients, like myself, respond much better to the non-racemic, purely dextro isomers of such stimulants.

@EM, I have wondered the same thing. I absolutely could not stand the methylphenidate family, or any of the amphetamines until they put me on dextroamphetamine which was a significant improvement, but the side effects were still very present, so I switched to dextromethamphetamine and am overall satisfied with it's amazing therapeutic potential. In low doses it behaves completely different than it's pure illicit form.

What medication is dextromethamphetamine?

And really, what can't you stand about dextroamphetamine? I really don't have a problem with any of the side effects.

The added neurotoxicity from the added serotonin release of d-methamp, even at lower dosages, is kind of a bummer, though. The DXM's and Mg's NMDA antagonism should help with the NT, though ;)

Keep in mind the most people respond best to d-amp or mixed amphetamine salts, only people with high levels of anxiety or high blood pressure (people with naturally high NE levels), respond better to the lower-NE releasing d-methamp. Desoxyn just chills out ADD people without anxiety, and often just knocks them out. Dexedrine releases a bit more NE (stimulating), and less 5-HT (sedating), so it tends to make ADD people relaxed without putting them to sleep. Most d-amp/d-methamp are far better than Adderall in terms of PNS side effects, though.

Tricomb does not exactly have problematic ADD, so don't go rushing to your doctors for the meth just yet, try the Dexedrine first. Dexedrine was far too mellow for me, since I have inattentive ADD, I often fall asleep during the Dex peak, so I need caffeine and ephedrine (NE releasers) to offset this. Adderall is preferred for many with inattentive ADD, who have naturally very low levels of NE.

What's up Keenan,

I sincerely doubt the effects would last only 1-2 hours, maybe if you're a regular user with an extreme tolerance, but even then I don't know...

Although this medication has a shitty oral bioavailability, I recommend your first time (if you can't be swayed from not using them at all, I don't see any recreational value to it, it would just make me feel like shit and jittery) be with oral dosing of 10mg.

actually even when i first tried it, the effects only lasted 1-2 hours, then gradually reduced to 30 minutes to an hour.
either snort it or plug it, otherwise it won't work. If i were you though, i'd throw it away, methylphenidate is some nasty shit, it's like caffeine that thinks it's cocaine.

@EM, I was not recommending Desoxyn for the OP. I don't even suspect the OP has ADD since he's abusing amphetamines that appear to be not prescribed to him.

actually even when i first tried it, the effects only lasted 1-2 hours, then gradually reduced to 30 minutes to an hour.
either snort it or plug it, otherwise it won't work. If i were you though, i'd throw it away, methylphenidate is some nasty shit, it's like caffeine that thinks it's cocaine.

What exactly do you mean by that? And seriously, that's really short, aren't ADHD medications supposed to last a long time, being amphetamines or like amphetamines?

@EM, I was not recommending Desoxyn for the OP. I don't even suspect the OP has ADD since he's abusing amphetamines that appear to be not prescribed to him.
dextromethamp= Desoxyn

Of all the ADD medications, Dexedrine is IME the best commonly available medication

You're right, I don't have ADD/ADHD even in the slightest. And personally, I see Vyvanse around the most, which is my favorite. Should be getting some Vyvanse 40s next week. :D

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by that? And seriously, that's really short, aren't ADHD medications supposed to last a long time, being amphetamines or like amphetamines?

what i mean is that its basically a really weak stimulant that has the addictive potential of stronger stimulants like cocaine (it works on your brain in the same exact way that cocaine does only to a far weaker extent), as well as that it has all the same properties as cocaine, except for one thing: euphoria. at first, when I would shoot or plug it, I would get a high very similar to coke, but after a week or so, it was like taking excessive caffeine, but with added peripheral effects.

and unless it's XR, it's not gonna last a long time. amphetamine lasts ages, meth even more so, but methylphenidate and it's d-isomer last about as long as coke, if not shorter.

For sure, tricomb, I saw the phrase, "ADD medications," so I just wanted to clarify.

methylphenidate and it's d-isomer last about as long as coke, if not shorter.

This makes it a terrible medication, with a very noticeable dropoff in therapeutic effect and horrid crash even for non-abusers, which leads to compulsive redosing to keep the horrible crash away. MPH truly is inferior in every way as a medication except for lighting an even bigger fire under your ass, allowing you to get more work done than amps due to the heavier Norepinephrine activity.

Just did a line of one of them.

Yeah. Not too much euphoria, but some. Just like a lot of people describe it, it's like clearer adderall.

How do you properly prepare IR (Instant Release) Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin) to snort? Can you please give detailed instructions, I've been looking everywhere because I need to include the information for a research paper.

Closed. Please don't bump multiple old threads asking the same question.

Status
Not open for further replies.