• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Flunitrazolam

roi

Bluelighter
9MfYVhB.png

The bartards wet dream has finally arrived. Any reports yet?

It should be about four times more potent than Clonazolam, so active doses probably start around 40μg, and a common dose is roughly 62.5-125μg. You will need a 0.001g scale and propylene glycol to make a proper solution.

Last edited:
I may have a chance to experience soon, will write up a report, granted my #'s will be giantly skewed at 15 mg c-lam a day

It should be about four times more potent than Clonazolam

Based on in-vivo reports? Seems weird that substituting the chlorine with a fluorine should make it that much more powerful... you'd figure people would've been all over Fonazepam if it had been four times as potent as Clonazepam.
Then again, maybe the SAR for Triazolos is slightly different than for regular benzos.

Holy shit. There's going to be so many benzos at the end of all this.

To be fair this one seems like it has potential.

I'm looking forward to reports.

Based on in-vivo reports? Seems weird that substituting the chlorine with a fluorine should make it that much more powerful... you'd figure people would've been all over Fonazepam if it had been four times as potent as Clonazepam.
Then again, maybe the SAR for Triazolos is slightly different than for regular benzos.

1-methyl benzos seem to be a bit different yeah (like diclazepam -> fludiazepam). I'm pretty sure that will apply hear as well.

Sorry if I sound stupid here....But amazing how those hexagons and letter mean something to people, I would not have a clue what they mean :?

Slightly off topic.....How is Clonazepam different to Diazepam, would the hexagones and letters be a lot different?

Okay, let me try to explain benzodiazepines as simple and quickly as possible.

Take a look at the Wiki page, especially the structure to the right, that's the benzodiazepine core found in all benzodiazepines. There are multiple positions that can be substituted with different substance groups.

R7 is always a halogen (bromine or chlorine) or a nitro group. Bromine is most potent, but also most hypnotic; nitro is most recreational.

R2' can be nothing or a halogen (chlorine, fluorine). Halogens tend to increase the potency a lot.

R2 is pretty much always a ketone (except for triazolobenzodiazepines, which I'll explain below).

R1 can be nothing or a methyl group (again, exception triazolobenzodiazepines).

In triazolobenzodiazepines (such as Alprazolam) R1 and R2 are infused into a 1,2,4-triazole ring. The methyl group on the triazole ring can be removed, this roughly halves the potency, but increases the duration (see Estazolam or Metizolam).

Let's take a look at diazepam:

SZFPiuv.png

R7 is a chlorine group, R1 methyl.

Compare that to clonazepam:

XSteL3d.png

R7 is a nitro group, R2' chlorine. The halogen at R2' gives it a much higher potency compared to diazepam.

Triazolobenzodiazepines with a R7 nitro group tend to be the most euphoric/recreational benzodiazepines.

The name Flu-ni-trazolam tells you all about the structure already. Flu = fluorine at R2', ni = nitro at R7, triazolam = triazolo group. Similar how Clonazepam tells you that there's a chlorine group at R2' and a nitro one at R7.

Flunitrazolam combines the most recreational substitutions (triazolo and R7 nitro) with R2' fluorine, which provides the highest potency.

Of course there're also a few more possible changes, such as 3-methylbenzodiazepines (which are metabolites of other benzodiazepines), for example oxazepam, which is a metabolite of diazepam.

TIBxbl4.png

It is also possible to replace the phenyl ring with a pyridine one, as seen in pyrazolam. This seems to be of similar potency as a 2-chlorophenyl group, but causes the substance to be active at different subreceptors.

cuW4c4f.png

Another possibility is going from benzodiazepines to thienodiazepines. Here the upper phenyl ring is replaced by thiophene. This also increases the potency a bit. An example is etizolam.

A6MsHtB.png

The most potent possible benzodiazepine derivative would therefore be something like Flubrotizolam (Flu = R2' fluorine, bro = R7 bromine, ti = thiophene, zolam = triazolo).

HZ9nN88.png

Does that make any sense to you? If not, PM me with any questions you have instead of going completely offtopic here =D

MMMMM. Never had Clonazolam, just etizolam...but I"m a sucker for potent benzos. Thinking about getting a mailbox in a different state so I can have stuff shipped to me(the bastards want ship cuz one of their products is illegal in my state, etizolam). And honestly ya etizolam is nice but imo, is not up to par in strength of xanax or anything, don't know why so many people regulated it.

active doses probably start around 40μg, and a common dose is roughly 62.5-125μg. You will need a 0.001g scale and propylene glycol to make a proper solution.

Wow that's some serious potency right there.

The most potent possible benzodiazepine derivative would therefore be something like Flubrotizolam (Flu = R2' fluorine, bro = R7 bromine, ti = thiophene, zolam = triazolo).

Brotizolam (R7 = Br / R2 = Cl... the Clo is silent ;) ) is sold as a prescription drug in Europe and is generally considered about as potent as Triazolam, except a bit longer lasting. Not sure if substituting the chlorine with a fluorine would really make it more potent than F-Lam. Has anybody made Phenazolam ("Clobromazolam") yet? Might be interesting to compare that with Flubromazolam if we're looking for structure-activity-relationships.

No, Phenazolam is not around. Flubromazolam is the worst RC benzo in my opinion, not too thrilled about this one.

Some parts of benzodiazepine SAR are yet to be explored, like Diflutriflumetizolam. Who knows...

Us0SdzK.png

Anyway, back to Flunitrazolam? ;)

Okay, let me try to explain benzodiazepines as simple and quickly as possible.

Take a look at the Wiki page, especially the structure to the right, that's the benzodiazepine core found in all benzodiazepines. There are multiple positions that can be substituted with different substance groups.

R7 is always a halogen (bromine or chlorine) or a nitro group. Bromine is most potent, but also most hypnotic; nitro is most recreational.

R2' can be nothing or a halogen (chlorine, fluorine). Halogens tend to increase the potency a lot.

R2 is pretty much always a ketone (except for triazolobenzodiazepines, which I'll explain below).

R1 can be nothing or a methyl group (again, exception triazolobenzodiazepines).

In triazolobenzodiazepines (such as Alprazolam) R1 and R2 are infused into a 1,2,4-triazole ring. The methyl group on the triazole ring can be removed, this roughly halves the potency, but increases the duration (see Estazolam or Metizolam).

Let's take a look at diazepam:

SZFPiuv.png

R7 is a chlorine group, R1 methyl.

Compare that to clonazepam:

XSteL3d.png

R7 is a nitro group, R2' chlorine. The halogen at R2' gives it a much higher potency compared to diazepam.

Triazolobenzodiazepines with a R7 nitro group tend to be the most euphoric/recreational benzodiazepines.

The name Flu-ni-trazolam tells you all about the structure already. Flu = fluorine at R2', ni = nitro at R7, triazolam = triazolo group. Similar how Clonazepam tells you that there's a chlorine group at R2' and a nitro one at R7.

Flunitrazolam combines the most recreational substitutions (triazolo and R7 nitro) with R2' fluorine, which provides the highest potency.

Of course there're also a few more possible changes, such as 3-methylbenzodiazepines (which are metabolites of other benzodiazepines), for example oxazepam, which is a metabolite of diazepam.

TIBxbl4.png

It is also possible to replace the phenyl ring with a pyridine one, as seen in pyrazolam. This seems to be of similar potency as a 2-chlorophenyl group, but causes the substance to be active at different subreceptors.

cuW4c4f.png

Another possibility is going from benzodiazepines to thienodiazepines. Here the upper phenyl ring is replaced by thiophene. This also increases the potency a bit. An example is etizolam.

A6MsHtB.png

HZ9nN88.png

Does that make any sense to you? If not, PM me with any questions you have instead of going completely offtopic here =D

Amazing and helpful reply, thank you greatly :)

Is there any reason to believe that this is water soluble like its “parent-drug“ flunitrazepam?

But anyway, I can't wait to try this. =D

Is there any reason to believe that this is water soluble like its “parent-drug“ flunitrazepam?

Flunitrazepam had only a very low degree of water solubility. A Triazolo-version should be even less soluble.
The reason people were able to use it as a date-rape drug was mostly because they added it to highly alcoholic drinks.

Are you sure you're not confusing it with Flurazepam, which had good water solubility, but relatively low potency?

First of all let me thank you for your response. :)
Are you sure you're not confusing it with Flurazepam, which had good water solubility, but relatively low potency?
I know of Flurazepam -and its quality to be (more or less) freely soluble in water- , but I'm definately talking flunitrazepam here. No mistake in name in this case. ;)
Flunitrazepam had only a very low degree of water solubility. A Triazolo-version should be even less soluble.
The reason people were able to use it as a date-rape drug was mostly because they added it to highly alcoholic drinks.
Well, I wasn't really thinking of the “date rape“ issue.
(IV-)Drug addicts here were/are shooting flunitrazepam all the time. It works pretty well, even a couple of mgs in ~1ml is absolutely fine.
It's very popular to make combinations of flunitrazepam with heroin and with heroin and cocaine, which is called a “frankfurter“ here.

This is why I asked. ;)

But sry, enough off topic. Most of this (my post ;) ) belongs more in 'Drug culture', I guess. :)

I know of Flurazepam -and its quality to be (more or less) freely soluble in water [...]
(IV-)Drug addicts here were/are shooting flunitrazepam all the time. It works pretty well, even a couple of mgs in ~1ml is absolutely fine.
It's very popular to make combinations of flunitrazepam with heroin and with heroin and cocaine, which is called a “frankfurter“ here.

After some digging around on Google I found an article explaining how the solubility of Flunitrazepam is highly pH-dependent/temperature dependent: At low temperatures and neutral pH, Flunitrazepam is indeed effectively insoluble in water. However, at body temperature and highly acidic pHs, the solubility approaches 1 mg/ml... so I suppose if you heat up your "Frankfurter" mix (which would presumably contain an acid to solubilize the heroin) in a spoon, a decent amount of Flunitrazepam goes into solution.

Of course it's also possible that the actual "bits" of Flunitrazepam in the pill are extremely small (the 1mg of Fluni per pill is only a small fraction of its total mass), so it just looks like a solution when it's more of a suspension of microparticles.

After some digging around on Google I found an article explaining how the solubility of Flunitrazepam is highly pH-dependent/temperature dependent: At low temperatures and neutral pH, Flunitrazepam is indeed effectively insoluble in water. However, at body temperature and highly acidic pHs, the solubility approaches 1 mg/ml... so I suppose if you heat up your "Frankfurter" mix (which would presumably contain an acid to solubilize the heroin) in a spoon, a decent amount of Flunitrazepam goes into solution.
Interesting, thanks!
This makes a lot of sense, actually. I would like to know how much flunitrazepam really gets dissolved in a adequatly acidic solution.
Of course it's also possible that the actual "bits" of Flunitrazepam in the pill are extremely small (the 1mg of Fluni per pill is only a small fraction of its total mass), so it just looks like a solution when it's more of a suspension of microparticles.
This might contribute to the fact that it seems to work that well.
My guess would be, that it's a combination of both these 'processes'.