• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Flesh eating bacteria contaminated in tar heroin, san diego. multiple deaths.

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter

A flesh-eating bacteria linked to the use of black tar heroin has killed at least seven people over the past two months in the San Diego area, prompting health authorities to alert law enforcement and other officials in California.

Nine people who injected black tar heroin between Oct. 2 and Nov. 24 were hospitalized with severe myonecrosis, a soft-tissue infection that destroys muscles. Of the seven who died, five were men. The nine patients ranged from 19 to 57.

It terrifies me that this is the only way to manage pain in america anymore.

These deaths would almost certainly have been avoided with sub-micron syringe filters. Unfortunately these are not as prevalent as they should be.

It would be avoided if we had a legal heroin support system like the UK does.

But no, certain individuals both in government and making up the general public prevent us from doing that in case it accidentally sends the message that... Heroin addicts aren't subhuman scum.

This happened around 2010 in the UK too if I recall correctly. Around the same time, I remember seeing leaflets about Antrax contaminated H circling around Scotland.

S.J.B. said:
These deaths would almost certainly have been avoided with sub-micron syringe filters. Unfortunately these are not as prevalent as they should be.
Oh trust me the average socal heroin user has an active death wish / will not bother.

it’s the community around them that gets the narcan class etc. Because they don’t want to watch a neighbor / fellow American OD

exchange would also need to be then giving me vials...ehh I think there should be a line. Otherwise just give them the drugs and the push off too why not

cj said:
fuck thats a nasty way to die
TAR = DEATH
OC’s in OC = DEATH (Chinese fentanyl = multiple local deaths)

socal is trying to inadvertently Trying to Mao off all the smack users.

draculic acid69 said:
It seems strange that there would be that bacteria in the tar
Have you ever seen held some tar heroin?

it seems odd to me there’s any actual heroin in it

it’s like black tar like crappy shatter but nasty and full of disgusting unhealthy bacterial wet garbage

just diarrhea directly into the dope

Last edited by a moderator:
Here, too. Crazy shit without real lab apparel to identify the stuff,.... I am used to the relative purity of research chemical vendors, but that's a whole different area...

Have you ever seen held some tar heroin?

it seems odd to me there’s any actual heroin in it

I haven't, tar heroin generally doesn't exist where I live. Our heroin is fortunately generally some of the best quality in the world.

So, I've never seen tar in real life. But it's always amazed me how it can look so disgusting. I'm sure if it were all that were around I'd have been using it. So not judging or anything.

I just wonder wtf is in it that makes it look like that and have that consistency. I know it's cause the Mexicans use a crude method of production. But that doesn't really answer my question. Wtf is in it that makes it look like that.

The way tar is made is by using glacial acetic acid instead of acetic anhydride.
It's a less effective method that leads to more degradation products and tar being formed during the reaction followed by no purification.tar could be refined to a clean white powder with some basic steps.

JessFR said:
I haven't, tar heroin generally doesn't exist where I live. Our heroin is fortunately generally some of the best quality in the world.

So, I've never seen tar in real life. But it's always amazed me how it can look so disgusting. I'm sure if it were all that were around I'd have been using it. So not judging or anything.

I just wonder wtf is in it that makes it look like that and have that consistency. I know it's cause the Mexicans use a crude method of production. But that doesn't really answer my question. Wtf is in it that makes it look like that.
If u ever smoked pure heroin u know what i mean when i say it all melts into a red/black tar while being smoked even if smoking pure Chinese white stuff so tar is just like a small %
of it has already turned black and melted during the reaction with the gaa.

It doesn't look disgusting. As a matter of fact, after a few heat and filtration, it turns into the most beautiful amber color and the high is fantastic. Only found a few times in the city, but it was always one of my favorites. The biggest problem was trying to cook it up for the first shot of the day dope sick, because it took a while and I can see how people would inject it as is, and then that would be pretty nasty to shoot.

Those UV-C sanitizing wands would probably kill the bacteria, I'd think. You can literally get them for like 20 bucks at Walmart.