• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Other Fishing

Decent flat head and a nice small mouth tonight. Had another really decent smally on my cat line (75 pound line) and it snapped it about three and a half feet off the water... must have been damaged as I should be able to drag in a wale on that line. Fun stuff no bugs.

This is is kind of an off topic question, but is there anyone trustworthy would help me remove any identifying information and blur out my face and tattoos, as well as removing date and location stamps if I decided to post some fish pictures? I dont want to compromise my identity, but I wouldn't necessarily mind posting a couple of my most impressive catches if I can do it safely...

Edited for clarity of the request

Last edited:
I fished with my dad a few times. Loved it. I always caught a fish. Only good memories I have of my father.

Oh well, fishing is cool, and relaxing and exciting at the same time like a mood speedball

This is is kind of an off topic question, but is there anyone trustworthy would help me remove any identifying information and blur out my face and tattoos, as well as removing date and location stamps if I decided to post some fish pictures? I dont want to compromise my identity, but I wouldn't necessarily mind posting a couple of my most impressive catches if I can do it safely...

Edited for clarity of the request
Can be done quite easily in Microsoft Paint. Get the photo in question up on your screen, and Print Screen. Paste this into Paint. Now all the identifying location data from the photo file will be gone. Crop it as desired and you can erase your face and tattoos with the eraser, or put a black circle over it, etc. Save as JPEG or your file type of choice. I'm sure any other image editing software would work as well, just don't forget the Print Screen part.

you fly fish? sweet.

i live in tahoe and don't get out nearly as often as i'd like.

i have a pretty standard 2-piece 5 weight. double taper floating line. mostly bead-head nymphs and the occasional dry.

i also have a 4-piece 2 weight for backpacking. catching even an 8 or 10 inch native trout on that is a ton of fun.

i used to also tie all my own flies but that's just too much work these days :)

alasdair

Just reeled in another nice smally. Also caught a tiny perch that was about three times the size of my hook, most aggressive perch i have ever seen.. in its mind it must have been a champion northern pike. Thought about using it as bait, but let it go out of respect. A well fought fresh water drum started the action.

I've sight-targeted these but have never gotten one to bite.

Just got my first carp, though! Nearly 20 pounds. But they can get a lot bigger around here!

They fight like crazy don't they. That's a nice fish.

My daughter and I both limited on walleye last weekend, we went out on a charter from Vermillion Oh. on lake Erie. I've lived on or near the lake (now the Detroit river) all my life. Every fall, usually November, I'm fishing from a pier at night to catch the walleye that come inshore to feed.

I just saw this. I was working with a semi pro last summer and they hit Erie every summer for Walleye. He said its ridiculous.. not uncommon for boats to limit out in a couple hours. . His boat is insane. I should get back at Walleyes.

Booked a Musky charter with my Father for his B day. Green Bay of Lake Michigan mid October.:p