• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos First timer - Xanax Dosage Recommendations & Experiences

Alprazolam (Xanax) is short acting and Diazepam(Valium) is long-er acting. The xanax is more likely to cause blackouts and amnestic states than the valium but both can still kill you if mixed with enough alcohol or CNS depressants. Valium also has metabolites that linger for a while and therefore is generally better for tapering if clonazepam or chlordiazepoxide are not options. If you are sure you have fakes be careful of inconsistency from pill to pill.

Understood, I'm now up to 60mgs of valium and 5 mgs of Xanax and I'm not feeling a thing. I personally don't mix drugs with alcohol in general. But the wayctgings sees now they're fake pills maybe?

What would ya'll suggest for recreational use of benzos that would work besides Xanax and Valium. Haha I know I sound like a junkie but I'd like to get a euphoric high.

I've tried asking about oxy and percocet but they don't have neither. Nor do they have codeine unfortunatey.

Like I said my first experience with Xanax was 10mgs and I blacked out so something is working.

Any suggestions?

By the way thanks for all the responses, you guys have no idea how much I appreciate the educated responses here.

Xanax is not euphoric anyway. Hate to say it but you might just want to forget about it.

I agree your not gonna get anywhere with benzos. If the doses you've tried aren't giving you the experience you're looking for then I think your expectations are unrealistic. Either feeling relaxed or passed out is the best your gonna get with a benzos.

A normal dose for the first time it's 0.5/1mg, i believe.
And yes Xanax its not a "party drug", its commonly used to calm anxiety and help to sleep (like every other benzo kinda). You can use that to calm a bit a trip that is going bad, or when extremely necessary (i.e. u suffer from panic attacks or anxiety disoders and similars..), but don't take them for recreational use (= only having blackouts and falling asleep) because you will get addicted in a second and stopping benzos is an hell.

Update on the current experience. Xanax worked wonders after I smoked a bowl.

As you all have mentioned, I will stop the Xanax abuse as I'm not gretting the high I'm hoping to get. I'm just surprised that with the low dosage required to get the feeling, taking 10mgs still did nothing until I smoked pot.

Might be that my body doesn't process the Xanax the usual way in others? I really doubt their duds though I think.

Side note: I'm on about 300mgs of Zoloft and that feels amazing.

Thank you all for your support and experience on this matter.

Is this normal?

What's the recommended dosage for recreational use?

And is it completely unrealistic to have the thought of getting 'high' off benzos this way?
Black outs are normal if you abuse benzos and take high doses
Imo abusing benzos is abad idea, given the withdrawal etc. , plus they aren't really euporic etc.

Imo benzos should be taken for panic attacks only

Alright guys, thanks for the responses, I will probably not mess with benzos.

Thanks again for all your responses and insight!

Ir= instant release and er is extended release. Ie the er ones take a while to kick in.

and ye, avoid benzos would be my advice.

Last edited:
^ that's a really really high tolerance

People with no tolerance will black out from this dosage for sure

I do have a fair few bars now and again and I wake up thinking what did I do last night,id start of on the 1mg I'm currently cutting down from bars to 1mg Upjohn 90s