• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos First time Xanax experience

rubydacherry

Greenlighter
On Friday night I had my first experience with Xanax. I bought four 2mg pills from a friend and took half a pill before going to a spot by the river to smoke some weed. I smoked two bowls out of my pipe with a couple other friends. I felt the normal effects you get from smoking weed. I'm also on 150mg of Seroquel xr everyday for depression so that contributes to the drowsy feelings that come from smoking weed. Around an hour later I took the other half of the pill to equal 2mg. 15 minutes later I took another full pill to equal the final dose of 4mg. As it started to kick in my body felt really relaxed and heavy and all of the anxiety and depression I experience on a daily basis seemed to disappear. I felt really at peace with everything. Words slurred together and my movements became clumsy which felt similar to being drunk. My friend came over to hang out at my house and thats all that I remember from the rest of the night. My friend informed me on what had happened the next day. The overall experience was really enjoyable for me and I'm definatly going to take the other two pills sometime soon. The only thing that bothers me is the blackout because I usually like to remember what I experienced while under the influence of different drugs.

That's usually how a xanax story goes lol. Glad you didn't have a bad one where you blacked out & did stupid/regrettable shit lol

If you keep dosing so recklessly you'll not only keep blacking out you'll develop a dependancy

Hey hon. I'm relatively experienced with xanax and although tons of people don't seem to think it has recreational value or is euphoric, the general consensus seems to be that if you're a person who tends towards anxiety, it absolutely is enjoyable. Personally I enjoy it not only for the absence of anxiety, but for the muscle relaxant qualities add I have chronic pain due to a connective tissue disorder and related things.

In the interest of harm reduction, since you said it was your first experience, I'll give you the info that I know about it that can prevent some problems should you continue to use it.

While people generally say heroin or opiate/opioid withdrawals are the most unbearable, many say benzo wds are worse. They are definitely worse in the sense that you can die from a seizure etc. These drugs are sometimes used for those with seizure disorders. This, upon abruptly stopping, especially from either long term use, or even just short term but high dosages , a seizure outs a real threat.

There was a guy on here I used to talk to with a monstrous xanax habit.....he had had grand mal seizures etc. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from him in a very long time and fear he is dead. He was desperate to get clean. A friend of mine who is very experienced with heroin and xanax had a seizure after taking just a few bars over a few days, while driving a commercial delivery truck, a big rig, and is lucky to be alive.He was thought to be dead at the scene.

That being said, the best way to avoid this potentially deadly problem is to keep your doses as low a possible, to use on a schedule that is not consistent/regular. If you find you've gotten in over your head a bit, tapering down is essential to be safe. Don't stop abruptly.

If you can't avoid that, you need to seek medical help.

Many people prefer using a benzo with a longer half life to taper down and avoid seizures. Btw seizures aren't the while of withdrawal, intense dysphoria and more, a quick search will tell you more. Anyway, valium and kpins have a longerhalflife and can be easier to taper down with.

If you are going to take black out doses, please make sure you are in the company of trusted people....who will neither take advantage of you, nor leave you to die seizing.

It works on gaba-a receptors. There can be significant rebound anxiety when stopped.

A bit of common sense and ensuring you are in good company can keep your risks of negative and life threatening experiences minimized.

Stay safe! Peace.