• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants First time using meth, a few questions

Oh, and I have to add, I seem to keep having a mild sinus drainage in the back of my throat. Actually, it doesn't really drain. Just stays suspended there. I'm sorry that's so icky, but I wanted to know if all these things are normal. :)

How long after dosing will I have to wait in order to sleep?

With the same stimulation/dose, less than with the sulfate.
But probably you will take more.

I've used meth daily (20-40mg of the racemic) for a month orally with no problem and in full control, like you with the sulphate.
This till I've snorted some... then I've gone trough a gram in a week.

I typically vape/smoke 200/300 mg of high grade meth at about midnight when i use ice and it keeps me awake til about 4am 29 hours later.

Look man, I know you're trying to help me, but I live life on my own terms. I will keep using any drug out there (uppers, downers, and all-arounders), and I'm sincerely trying to not be offensive but nothing you say will swaycmy opinion/outlook.

You should know he continues to try because he cares for you. He's not trying to aggravate you. I've done my fair share of trying to get you to leave the stuff alone too. You're just young and stubborn and you haven't seen the other side of drugs yet. One day you will have a wife or kids (something you are far from planning on at your age) and you will want to sober for them.

Thank you, Burnt Offerings!
I have to tell you, my church had put together a cook book and no one could come up with a name. Someone suggested Burnt Offerings and it stuck. Just cute to me. :)
OKAY. I'm a very, very new drug user. I've always been a very good girl, I was the cheer leading captain three years in a row, president of everything, ect. I'd never done any drug ever, not even smoked a cigarette (still not planning to) until I decided to take up meth. Isn't that crazy? Well, I've gained 50+ pounds in two years. I'm 5'3 so that's a real problem. My doctor prescribed me phentermine. I took it for six months and didn't lose a single pound. My five older sisters are all IV users, all homeless, jobless, toothless, ect. Probably why I never did drugs. My mom is too. I asked momma one day if I could get a quarter from her for a friend of mine and of course she said yes. I know my momma would protect me so I don't think I have bad dope. Here's what I do and experience and tell me if this is normal.
I take an itty bitty bump orally every morning. Just lick my finger, stick it in the bag and pop it in my mouth. I don't measure it or anything so I don't know how much I'm doing but probably basically nothing. I've never felt a "rush" as other folks say they have. Except the top of my head and my cheeks tingle for just like 30 seconds but that's not a rush. I don't think I experience "euphoria." As said, I don't have any drug experience but I'm guessing I'd know if I were euphoric. Okay. So I just have a lot of energy all day long and get stuff done. I clean luxury cabins so I stay on my feet all the time. My mouth gets super tacky so I just drink water but I don't know if I should do anything else. I sleep for about three hours a night and get up and continue. Should I be able to sleep while using? I could sleep longer, but I go to bed around four, mostly out of boredom and sleep solidly until my alarm goes off at 7. I think if my alarm didn't go off, I would continue sleeping. BUT. One night I slept 9 hours. I woke up and felt utterly drunk. I couldn't stand up straight and my mind couldn't get clear. I was dizzy and couldn't see straight or think. Is that normal? It scared me. I didn't do any until that afternoon because I wanted to make sure my mind would clear itself without stimulation. It did. Additionally, I was reading that you lose nutrients while on meth so I started taking a vitamin. Do you think that could prevent hair and tooth loss? When does that sort of thing start to happen? I've lost roughly 8 pounds in a month and I like that. I don't want to instantly lose 40 pounds like my friend did. It was kind of gross. Will I continue to slowly lose weight? That's the goal here. I'm sorry this is so long. I'm an incredibly chatty person even without drugs.
Also, I got a fever blister the week I started using. It cleared up though. Is that a side effect or just a coincidence?

okay here's some advice that was past down to me by my tweaking forefathers, keep yourself hydrated-this is a must. DO NOT drink ice cold water, keep it room temperature, if you're like me and most meth users, your teeth have probably gotten pretty gnarly whether you know it or not, ice cold water will 'shock' your teeth and feel incredibly unpleasant. You're right about the drug depleting your body of nutrients, you know those little V8 tomato juices, those things are a god send, smash a ton of those. Eat as much fruit as possible, if you're really tweaking bad I've also found that it's usually due to either dehydration or lack of nutrients and eating some fruit has actually gone a long way for me.

And as for losing weight, unless you force yourself to eat which I've found to be really hard on meth (I'm also naturally skinny mind you), you will continue to lose weight as you're probably eating less food, staying up all night for multiple nights and exhorting yourself more then normal because meth makes the mundane exciting and overly complicated too. I watched myself and my whole homeless camp decline into madness and lose massive amounts of weight to the point where one of my friends (who was pretty heavy) was practically unrecognizable after just six weeks of slamming meth he had lost so much weight. We looked like the walking dead, picking at ourselves with hypodermic needles, crying about people trying to kill us-crystal meth made me think that heroin was a much healthier alternative, it's a bad scene man.

Taking meth for losing weight is not the best idea. You will start gaining weight again as soon as you stop taking meth.
As Znegative said, stay hydrated!

Thank you, Burnt Offerings!
I have to tell you, my church had put together a cook book and no one could come up with a name. Someone suggested Burnt Offerings and it stuck. Just cute to me. :)
OKAY. I'm a very, very new drug user. I've always been a very good girl, I was the cheer leading captain three years in a row, president of everything, ect. I'd never done any drug ever, not even smoked a cigarette (still not planning to) until I decided to take up meth. Isn't that crazy? Well, I've gained 50+ pounds in two years. I'm 5'3 so that's a real problem. My doctor prescribed me phentermine. I took it for six months and didn't lose a single pound. My five older sisters are all IV users, all homeless, jobless, toothless, ect. Probably why I never did drugs. My mom is too. I asked momma one day if I could get a quarter from her for a friend of mine and of course she said yes. I know my momma would protect me so I don't think I have bad dope. Here's what I do and experience and tell me if this is normal.
I take an itty bitty bump orally every morning. Just lick my finger, stick it in the bag and pop it in my mouth. I don't measure it or anything so I don't know how much I'm doing but probably basically nothing. I've never felt a "rush" as other folks say they have. Except the top of my head and my cheeks tingle for just like 30 seconds but that's not a rush. I don't think I experience "euphoria." As said, I don't have any drug experience but I'm guessing I'd know if I were euphoric. Okay. So I just have a lot of energy all day long and get stuff done. I clean luxury cabins so I stay on my feet all the time. My mouth gets super tacky so I just drink water but I don't know if I should do anything else. I sleep for about three hours a night and get up and continue. Should I be able to sleep while using? I could sleep longer, but I go to bed around four, mostly out of boredom and sleep solidly until my alarm goes off at 7. I think if my alarm didn't go off, I would continue sleeping. BUT. One night I slept 9 hours. I woke up and felt utterly drunk. I couldn't stand up straight and my mind couldn't get clear. I was dizzy and couldn't see straight or think. Is that normal? It scared me. I didn't do any until that afternoon because I wanted to make sure my mind would clear itself without stimulation. It did. Additionally, I was reading that you lose nutrients while on meth so I started taking a vitamin. Do you think that could prevent hair and tooth loss? When does that sort of thing start to happen? I've lost roughly 8 pounds in a month and I like that. I don't want to instantly lose 40 pounds like my friend did. It was kind of gross. Will I continue to slowly lose weight? That's the goal here. I'm sorry this is so long. I'm an incredibly chatty person even without drugs.
Also, I got a fever blister the week I started using. It cleared up though. Is that a side effect or just a coincidence?

Alright. First. Sleep patterns while actively using methamphetamine. A lot of tweakers will sleep every day, but only for, like, 2 or 3 hours every day. That's considered normal...people with huge amphetamine tolerances can get high and then conk out some hours later and sleep like babies. Whereas a novice will get really spun and be awake for days... If you felt bad upon waking it's probably a "drug hangover", the aftermath of (ab)using drugs and not taking care of yourself. I'm not sure that I'm able to explain your body's idiosyncrasies to you as it relates to methamphetamine (sleep patterns, blisters, weight loss and the like). Yes, speed can be useful in helping you lose weight, and that's what of the things it was used for originally, but constantly fluctuating between an unhealthy & a healthy weight is unhealthy in-and-of-itself, and if the only way your keeping weight off is through the use of methamphetamine...well, that's obviously not a good thing. Better to simply work on expending more calories than you consume. A pretty simple calculation really but it's deceptive in how easy it appears obviously (something that people who've struggled to lose weight know well)

If all of your family are injection drug users, I'd tread carefully with methamphetamine.

Thank you for your reply! I will certainly keep the V8 in mind. I don't think I've ever tweaked per say. I've never once had the urge to pick my skin so that's good. And I don't think 8 pounds in four weeks is too terribly much. Thank you! :)

I'll add a little advice for those who haven't started using yet and/or those who are planning to give it a go.

If you get any enjoyment out of any task/hobby/pastime......whatever, even just for a few minutes, (it could be chess or taking part in online gaming, or even single player gaming - it could just be watching your fav series - ANYTHING.... u get what I am describing here??

Well, my advice is don't do that when on meth.

Very soon you won't get any enjoyment or even motivation to turn on the television, unless you have organized some meth first.
Imagine losing out on your favorite things in life...............cause doing them again without meth just isn't that exciting anymore?

It's that simple.
Yet we all realize this after the point of no return.

So enjoy your meth, but don't mix it with the things that you enjoy doing naturally in life cause those things will mean nothing anymore without that specific chemical boost.

I say this from personal experience and wouldn't wish this curse on anyone else. (it is not the meth's fault, I'm not blaming the drug at all), I felt like a King on it, every single time I used it.

Now all those pastimes or whatever I loved doing was just SO MUCH better,

many years later I realized it just will never be like that again. Well not naturally anyway.

This sucks.

Wish I knew about this in the beginning, but hope some of you at least think about it first.

Be safe.

SL

Last edited:
This is why I asked if what I was experiencing was normal. I'm sleeping every night, no rush or euphoria, eating a piece of fruit or something a couple times a day, and not tweaking at all. I've never had the urge to pick my skin, do my eyebrows or even take things apart. I feel a bit more energized throughout the day, but I have zero meth side effects or symptoms. That's why I was asking if all of this was normal or if its because I'm taking such a low dose once a day.

Burnt, that's why I was confused as well. I've never done any drugs and as far as I know, have no drug tolerance. That's why I thought it was odd that on my very first few uses, I had no trouble sleeping. Maybe I do have a high tolerance and just don't know it, as evidenced by the prescription phentermine not being effective.

I think its that your dosage is so small and being ingested orally.

I'm a (borderline) on/off meth addict (called Tina where I'm based) and as much as I love it, I hate it. You will lose the weight, I find eating on T super difficult. Yesterday, I ate a banana and a handful of cereal. Today I have managed a tuna sandwich. Food repulses me, I couldn't bear to eat the crusts on the bread. I am spiralling back on my tina addiction after a month off it. I only managed that month because it followed a near-suicide attempt after a tweeking bender and it shocked me out of it - that said, I needed coke and some speed to get me through the days during that time and I smoked like a fucking chimney.

Tina is beautiful and terrible at the same time. I am impressed you are able to keep to that dosage, then again I don't rate oral as a ROC. The pipe, that bloody beautiful pipe. I love it, it is the ritual of the gods.

Anyway, I sadly know a lot about tina, I love researching it and often test out scripts and combos I've read about. The worst was 200mg of Phenyleprine that I took with it on Wednesday this week, I tore my face off with a metal tool. Still very sore and I look like a monster. My mum is coming to see me on Friday, I'm scared she'll take one look at me and know. Nervous, now I want to K-hole...

I am impressed you are able to keep to that dosage, then again I don't rate oral as a ROC. The pipe, that bloody beautiful pipe.

Oral meth is not difficult to manage, about like Adderall.

With stimulants ROA is particularly important.
Coca tea /coke snorted / crack are like three differents drugs

The way it goes in my spheres is a pretty steep path from: mephedrone, mephedrone & GBL (often with the meph dissolved in your G: known as a Gina Colada!), then onto Tina. Tina was the first amp I did and I was hooked about 9 months after trying my first drug so I've never tried Adderall. Tina made me drop the other drugs - they seem pointless or dirty/groggy to me after the lucidity of T.

Last edited:
Burnt, that's why I was confused as well. I've never done any drugs and as far as I know, have no drug tolerance. That's why I thought it was odd that on my very first few uses, I had no trouble sleeping. Maybe I do have a high tolerance and just don't know it, as evidenced by the prescription phentermine not being effective.

Sometimes people have ''natural tolerance'' to drugs. Mabe because of the system (amount of neurons and receptors linked together (physically or not) to make a range of effect posible) in their brain that is activated by the drug is normally stimulated too much or not enough.

I ,as an example, have a natural tolerance to most every sedatives, the only 1 I feel are NMDA antagonists and its because they work by cutting off your major Stimulating Neurotransmitter instead of increasing the efficacy of the major inhibitory NT like most sedatives do.

Mabe you have a natural tolerance to amphetamines analogs caused by low amount of naturally occuring Transporters. Amphetamine and analogs work by litteraly blocking dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin transporters. So if you have naturally low amount of Transporters then blocking them wont make much of a change.

I am still wondering if it is always reducing the overall effect making a higher dose to be required or the simple highest effect achievable by drug consumption.

My advice, go at a doctor, tell him you haven't felt anything from the first med and want to get something stronger. Meth is a REALLY effective stimulant but the downside is that it is one of the rare drug that does their work while directly burning off your brain's grey matter. I suggest any other Amphetamine analog that works, and if you dont want to go to a doctor, I suggest to buy research chemicals online istead of using Meth.
The drug used is not important, the effects are, if meth has an effect you dont want then go for another drug that does mostly the same but without that specific effect that you dont want, in this case its neuron death.

But still with any other meds there will be the problem of gaining weight back after stopping the use. I found that cannabis doesnt have this effect. Plus it doesnt work by reducing the amount of outside-energy needed by your body, it works by reducing it's transformation to fat.
So the addition of cannabis plus diet and exercise is, to me, one of the best things to lose weight, I personnaly am in the exact opposite situation and I can't get out of it mostly because of my cannabis use and inability to stop training. (I am 10 pounds under what I was when I did not vape weed and thats my top weight, when I tried bupropion for anxiety, I went down to 103lbs, which is really not enough for a 5'5 male, I am now at 115lbs)
I eat like a bear trying to win a food contest and cant seem to gain a single pound(mabe some genetic in there too). So that might also be an idea.

I've tried almost every drug known to man kind, including R/C's and meth is one of the drugs that I would consider to be Satan himself. Tread with caution. It can steal your soul and future away from you before you know it. Tread with caution.

Preach it

I dont have experience with methamphetamine but quite a bit with amphetamine. I wont tell you to stay away from meth because I will admit with my amphetamine usage, I have been kind of thinking about trying the even stronger stimulant. I always vote against it because I am sure amphetamine will no longer be efficient.

But if your committed, be safe, drink water, eat a good meal before, and let me know how it goes ;)
I ended up doing it yesterday. I snorted 20mg to start off and snorted another 30mg about a half hour later. It hurt like a bitch and I got a bitter taste in the back of my throat. After snorting the second line I threw the rest in the toilet and flushed it. It was like a better amphetamine buzz and I was really talkative and happy. My heart rate was at about 168 beats per minute which is pretty high and I started to get really hot. I was extremely motivated, persistent, and a lot more confident than usual.

A lot of people grind their teeth and stuff, but that didn't happen and honestly it really calmed me down. I haven't been diagnosed, but I am almost positive I have inattentive ADHD so that may be why.

To be honest, I was kind of disappointed. It was a good experience and it felt pretty great, but I guess a lot of people exaggerate the effects.

Update - I'm still sleeping regularly, no picking, haven't taken anything apart and I had fried pork chops for breakfast. Still doing tiny doses by licking my finger and sticking it in the bag. I've lost 21 pounds since Valentine's Day. I haven't had any "euphoria" but my scalp still tingles for about a minute after dosing then goes away and that's the only side effect. I stopped for 8 days just to see what would happen. Very little change. I slept 8 hours instead of four and drank more coke than water. I had no cravings for the drug and continued on with my life as usual. I was a little tired but not enough to whine about. I'm currently drinking 5 bottles of water a day to stay hydrated and taking a multivitamin. Getting ready to start month three and all seems to be going well! :)
PS - I'm using a gram per 7 days. I reup every Friday (pay day) but I often have some left over and it just carries to the next week. Is that a lot? Just curious on if that was a normal amount.