• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos First time taking phenibute...dose help no effects so far?

Space__Kitten

Bluelighter
Sorry if it's wrong prefix it can be moved and changed if needed. Ok so accidentally while on a kratom thread I came across info about phenibute. I never heard of it. I always like trying anything new and the kratom I've been taking daily had been getting expensive. I did research and found some local and my bf and I decided to try it.

Started with 750mg which seemed like an ok dose cause I've never had a benzo and this was my first time my bf took 1g cause he's bigger and has had benzos before.

After about 2 hours nothing..I heard it could take 4 hours to kick in but I thought I would feel something so I upped my dose to 1250 total and my bf went upto 1500.

It hit the 4 hour mark and nothing for me so I bumped my dose upto 1500 and my bf I think is at 1750. Honestly I think I might be a little off on how much we took but it's between 1500-2000

An hour after that I still feel nothing...my bf says he feels not normal and his vision feels off a little and I still feel absolutely %100 nothing. So we both drank lemon juice to add to the acidity of our stomachs (suggested on a forum for absorption) I think imma bump it upto 2g.

I took this on an empty stomach and I feel frustrated reading all the glowing reports and I don't even feel a buzz at all. Will it randomly kick later in the night? I might take one shot of alcohol or anything else I can think to potinate it? I have kratom on hand also so Idk of it doesn't work I'll just give up lol.

Will it not work for me? Any suggestions? Superrrrr frustrated

Update: my bf says he feels great now, like taking 1 1/2 Xanax...I never had Xanax so I can't compair to anything like that lol but I still feel nothing. I told him I get more buzz off my celexa that I'm prescribed for depression lol...he said that he's more buzzed than any celexa buzz and he defiantly isn't himself. He's going out to get me a light beer for us to split so hopefully it helps mine kick in. Why isn't it working for me? :(

Hmm that's interesting. Usually by 2g I feel it pretty strongly. How long have you waited? It's true that it can take a looong time to come up.

I finally felt it a little bit but I mostly just felt like wayyyy sleepy and had taken over 3g before I felt anything. Tonight I tried one last time (the rest of my caps) which was 1.5g and it's been 4 hours now and besides an uncomfortable sedation feeling sort of like diphenhydramine I feel almost nothing maybe calmer but I'm not sure could be placebo sense I don't really know. My bf took same amount and says he kinda feels something but he's not sure if he's just tired cause it's late. I think if I try it again imma get pure powder offline and not the caps from my local vitamin store.

Phenibut for me is really hit or miss I've taken 2gs and felt a valium type high, then took 8gs and felt like I was rolling my nuts off but could still go to sleep. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE only use once or twice a week otherwise you'll get hooked, trust me I learned the hard way. Great supplement get your hands on it while you can before it becomes scheduled.

I wasn't gonna use it everyday for sure I read about addiction potential I just used all I had in two days. I wasn't impressed with it I want to get more but the pure powder. I wanna just do it differently next time. I wanted to take it so my kratom tolerance would go down and I didn't have to sit around sober while I waited for that lol. Were they looking into making it scheduled? Honestly they need to give the fuck up on this war on drugs it pisses me off. They make illegal substances that are less harmful that alchol so people end up getting their hands on easier illegal options like meth. They need to just back the fuck down. I just realized yesterday that a lot of states ban salvia now too and it's schedualed. Why the fuck? No one can even get hooked on that shit, their logic for it was "it needs to be illegal so people don't drive on it." Umm who the fuck would drive on salvia? On salvia you wouldn't even know what a car was. I'm not really a fan at all of that shit it scares the crap out of me but it wasn't harmful and has no reason to be a scheduled substance. Honestly I think if you gave that to a teen as their first drug it would work as drug prevention cause they would be too scared to try another drug haha. Sorry about my rant but I hate things getting schedualed whether I like the drug or not. All drugs should just be legal it's not the governments job to tell me what to put in my body. I just hope they never scheduale dxm or kratom.

I wasn't gonna use it everyday for sure I read about addiction potential I just used all I had in two days. I wasn't impressed with it I want to get more but the pure powder. I wanna just do it differently next time. I wanted to take it so my kratom tolerance would go down and I didn't have to sit around sober while I waited for that lol. Were they looking into making it scheduled? Honestly they need to give the fuck up on this war on drugs it pisses me off. They make illegal substances that are less harmful that alchol so people end up getting their hands on easier illegal options like meth. They need to just back the fuck down. I just realized yesterday that a lot of states ban salvia now too and it's schedualed. Why the fuck? No one can even get hooked on that shit, their logic for it was "it needs to be illegal so people don't drive on it." Umm who the fuck would drive on salvia? On salvia you wouldn't even know what a car was. I'm not really a fan at all of that shit it scares the crap out of me but it wasn't harmful and has no reason to be a scheduled substance. Honestly I think if you gave that to a teen as their first drug it would work as drug prevention cause they would be too scared to try another drug haha. Sorry about my rant but I hate things getting schedualed whether I like the drug or not. All drugs should just be legal it's not the governments job to tell me what to put in my body. I just hope they never scheduale dxm or kratom.

Preaching to the choir, I think :)

I have been debating whether or not to try this phenibut. What i have read intriques me. I take xanax daily and think maybe this stuff could help me wean myself off. What do you think? Would xanax and phenibut work well together?

I have been debating whether or not to try this phenibut. What i have read intriques me. I take xanax daily and think maybe this stuff could help me wean myself off. What do you think? Would xanax and phenibut work well together?

I didn't feel much of anything from the phenibut but my bf eventually did and said it was a lot like Xanax except his balance wasn't off...I didn't feel much and we both took way more than it said online for a beginner dose...but I think it may have been the caps we bought from a vitamin store. If we had bought the pure powder like most suggest I think we would have had much better results.

I think you should and I want to try again sometime. But order it online if powder isn't local, were doing that next time.

Phenibut is a GABA B agonist while Xanax works on GABA A so it won't eliminate withdrawal, though it may provide relief. It did nothing for me in etizolam withdrawal except make me manic, sweaty, nauseous, and trembly which is worrying being that phenibut lowers the seizure threshold and so does being in benzo withdrawal. Even if it provides great relief it's a terrible choice unless uses very sparingly as even 3 days use will likely cause nasty rebound and tolerance rises absurdly fast.

OP I don't know who told you to drink lemon juice with phenibut but that's a terrible idea and won't potentiate your dose. Phenibut itself is very acidic, to the point that It causes me to burp up what feels like acid every once in a while and adding lemon juice on top of that will likely cause damage to your stomach lining and/or an ulcer.

Anyways, if your looking to get fucked up with phenibut your gonna be dissapointed. Yeah it gives a buzz, but it's not overly strong and IME, far milder than even benzos. For me, I just get a mood lift, small amount of euphoria, wobbles, motivation, and talkativeness so it's not really a drug to get loaded on. Be careful when titrating up as you will have the worst 12 hours of your life if you dose to high.

I don't mind a mild buzz, I do that all the time on kratom, I mostly like a way to relax after work or day off I live in a guest house at my grandparents right now who don't even allow beer so I can only do stuff that I can appear sober on lol. My bf said his buzz was stronger than kratom but I felt nothing so idk. I read the acid thing on some blog that said "follow these steps if phenibut doesn't seem to work for you" or something like that. It said it acids help break it down or something idk. I wanted to try anything to get it to work.

Depakote is the only way to get off benzodiazepines and feel no withdrawal . And in 3 weeks I got my benzodiazepines back of which I was on for the last 20 years . And bang my tolerance was gone Thu kid g of taking depokote at the end of every month for three days. So tolerance would go back down. As for phenibute started with a gram of powder I had for 5 years and it put me right to sleep or maybe the Canadian Illinois. And shot of fentanyl that did it, we will never know.