• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First time taking oxycodone 10mg while on 60MG Fluoxetine (SSRI)

hunterjup

Greenlighter
Created an account here simply just to get other experienced user's opinions and knowledge.

I am currently taking 60mg of Fluoxetine daily, which I believe is the same as Prozac, and have acquired 17 endone 5mg tablets (the oxycodone).
Will 10mg be safe for a first shot? I have taken DMX many times before, and found it made me a bit too anxious but was fine once i got over the first "panic".

I am worried about the possible interactions between the two (SSRI and Opiate), and having a panic attack while on the oxycodone. I have never done opiates before, and dont have any sort of tolerance. I do not
drink much either. Will the oxycodone help my anxiety, or send me into a panic attack? What would be a good starting dose. I am also doing this with a friend.

Thanks to all who reply, means alot.

-Hunter

Last edited:
Oxycodone and Prozac aren't really known for interacting with each other, so you'd be safe to take the oxycodone with your SSRI. As for your anxiety, I highly doubt the Oxy will add to your anxiety or send you into a panic attack as Oxycodone is very sedating, calming, and euphoric. I'd recommend 20mg as your starting dose (take it orally, it has the highest bioavailability). Wait 45 minutes and, if you still don't feel it as much as you want to, take another 5mg and repeat. Don't exceed 40mg total for your first time, and don't ingest any alcohol during this time. Other than that, there's not much else I can think of to say. You're smart to be doing it with a friend there, so yeah...that's ts all I got for ya. Have fun :)

by "first shot" you don't mean IV right? DON'T shoot it up your first time ...or ideally ever really ...
10mg should be fine to take orally w/ fluoxetine.

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor dont take them. Opaite addiction sucks. And just about everone i know who is either dead in jail on the methadone program or still managing to stay alive doing heroin started with pills
If you are not in pain you dont need them. Im not sure but the statistics say 90% of opiate addicts started off doing painkillers of some fashion.
I have seen so many lives ruined including my own to not say this.
But you are your own person and your gonna do it anyway regardless. Just be carefull opening pandoras box.

I wish I had never touched opiates and saved myself from a lifetime of misery. Please OP, don't fall into the trap. I know you want to try it just to experience it but if you find yourself liking it, just stop while you're ahead.

Oxycodone and fluoxetine both increase nausea. The increased serotonin will activate 5HT 3 receptors in your gut - the receptor the antiemetic ondansetron (Zofran) works on - so the combination will increase your likelihood of vomiting. Sounds like nausea land to me.

I would take an antihistamine with it, such as benadryl, this will prevent the oxycodone induced nausea, as that is mediated mainly by inducing histamine release. Prophylaxis. I've had to babysit people who got so fucking sick whilst on narcotics...they were intensely nauseous and vomiting nonstop. it's not pretty and not pleasant. So taking preventative action would be a good idea.

Do yourself a favor dont take them. Opaite addiction sucks. And just about everone i know who is either dead in jail on the methadone program or still managing to stay alive doing heroin started with pills
If you are not in pain you dont need them. Im not sure but the statistics say 90% of opiate addicts started off doing painkillers of some fashion.
I have seen so many lives ruined including my own to not say this.
But you are your own person and your gonna do it anyway regardless. Just be carefull opening pandoras box.

This is the truth. We are not saying that you will turn into a junkie and get hooked, but just taking opiates for the fun of it, is a slippery slope, that many slide down. The day you have a bad tooth ache or another reason to really need it, you will want the lowest effective dose to work.

i recomend that if you need to try it, 10mg is plenty. In the name of harm reduction, please do not make this habbit.

I wish I had never touched opiates and saved myself from a lifetime of misery. Please OP, don't fall into the trap. I know you want to try it just to experience it but if you find yourself liking it, just stop while you're ahead.
I don't bother telling people here not to try opiates because we're supposed to assume that they can and will use anyway, and I know from when I first started using that people couldn't turn me away from trying a drug regardless of what they said, but...oh boy. If I had never tried opiates I would have never met my current girlfriend, which would be just awful. HOWEVER... I'd have never been in rehab. I'd have my old job. I'd still live with my family. I'd still have a relationship with my family. I'd still have my car, my best friend, and so much more. If only I never took that first pill...so naive. Opiates never lead to a happy ending.

I can't day I regret it because I've met so many people as a result and it made me who I am today. But...damn in terms of materialistic things I'd have a hell of a lot more than I do now.

Last edited:
^^This.'Excellent point shadowstryker. hunterjup, we are making the point that opiates are great when you have an injury, but not the best habit for a lot of people. We want you to be informed and safe. This is just plain truth.

^^This.'Excellent point shadowstryker. hunterjup, we are making the point that opiates are great when you have an injury, but not the best habit for a lot of people. We want you to be informed and safe. This is just plain truth.
Thanks you :)

Created an account here simply just to get other experienced user's opinions and knowledge.

I am currently taking 60mg of Fluoxetine daily, which I believe is the same as Prozac, and have acquired 17 endone 5mg tablets (the oxycodone).
Will 10mg be safe for a first shot? I have taken DMX many times before, and found it made me a bit too anxious but was fine once i got over the first "panic".

I am worried about the possible interactions between the two (SSRI and Opiate), and having a panic attack while on the oxycodone. I have never done opiates before, and dont have any sort of tolerance. I do not
drink much either. Will the oxycodone help my anxiety, or send me into a panic attack? What would be a good starting dose. I am also doing this with a friend.

Thanks to all who reply, means alot.

-Hunter
There have been a few rare case reports of serotonin syndrome caused by oxycodone and a SSRI, but imo it's extremly rare and highly unlikely.
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/crionm/2012/261787/
Whilst serotonin syndrome is not listed as an adverse event within the product information for OxyContin tablets when given in combination with a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, the small number of existing case studies to date suggests that it is prudent to closely monitor patients receiving this combination. The mechanism of interaction is unclear and warrants further investigation.

But combining DXM and a SSRI can kill you. Don't combine those!

Oxycodone has been implicated in serotonin syndrome falsely. Its action on the kappa opioid receptor and the side effects this produces in combination with SSRIs sometimes is what is responsible for those case reports, as is mentioned in this link:

https://www.researchgate.net/profil..._oxycodone/links/5546ccd30cf24107d39806ff.pdf

"Oxycodone differs from most other opioids in havingsignificant affinity for kappa opioid receptors. It also has avery potent, active, minor metabolite in oxymorphone.9,12 Itis possible that either of these characteristics may havecontributed to serotonergic activity or that nonserotonergicactions of oxycodone mimicked a serotonin syndrome.Oxycodone was observed to cause much more frequent severeadverse effects, including visual disturbances, dizziness,restlessness, itching, and nausea, than equal doses ofmorphine in a crossover study in healthy volunteers."