• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time taking Morphine, what should i expect?

Juicy Zack

Bluelighter
Hello guys

so i just had my first ever does of morphine, i got some from a friend whos dad is using it for his cancer pain.

I have only done MDMA, LSD & Shrooms before.

I took 10mg liquid morphine, i measured it using a tea spoon, two spoons as i researched is equal to 10mg and that should be a light dose

i want to note that i am going thru some horrible pain right now in my back & trap muscles and i thought that the morphine can help

with my pain, also can get a bit high/euphoric while elevating my pain LOL

i do not know what to expect, any advice or help is much appreciated

THANK YOU ALL

10mg oral should give you some pain relief. I wouldn't expect much euphoric feelings, as you have rightly chose the lighter dosage for your first time. But you never know... Besides pain relief you should feel some warmth in your body and reduction of anxiety. Maybe some itching. But it isn't a cliche without a reason - everybody is different.

And one more thing that absolutely has to be said - beware, you are entering very dangerous waters. Opioids claimed and are claiming many pasts, presents and futures. Do not take them lightly. Or even better advice, if you can, do not take them.

Take care!

Please take care especially with liquid morphine. Make sure you’re dosing correctly. If there is a syringe with proper measurements on it so you know you’re taking 10ml then use it. Spoons can vary in size and aren’t exact.

I second that about measuring correctly, not only can spoons vary in size but it’s easy sometimes to make a mistake when calculating mg per ml and then converting to different units of measure. For two teaspoons (~ 10 ml) to have 10 mg of morphine, it would need to be a solution of 1mg/ml.

With that said, assuming you did correctly measure and took 10 mg of morphine and are opioid naive, I suppose it’s possible you could feel something in terms of euphoria but probably unlikely, but it should hopefully provide some pain relief.