Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

First time taking LSD.

Ash_

Greenlighter
This post is mostly for my own benefit, trying to straighten the trip out in my head :)

Being an experienced various drugs user I went straight on to trying a 200µg tab and that was totally fine, didn't have a single bad experience except that I couldn't sleep the entire night but I also took it way too late in the evening.
Acid is, for some strange reason, something I've always tried to stay away from in my youth and mid-life, but lately I've been dying to see how it would effect me and now I had the opportunity.

T-1h popped a couple grams of pregabalin since I absolutely love the feeling it gives me and was imaging it to be the perfect combo, and I'm also taking it for my migrane.
T-0h popping the tab under the tongue.
T+0.30 oh I read how people started getting effects around 30-45 but nothing yet - anticipation is high!
T+1h still nothing... starting to think it was a dud
T+1.5h now we're starting to notice stuff, being outside looking at the flowers, especially those pinkish/purple ones are starting to become wery bright and colorful.
T+2h now it's really kicking in, the flowers are coming alive, pulsating and changing colors, slightly moving around and are just 'alive'. I stuff flowers (in pots) surrounding the lawn chair - sit myself down next to the plants so I can watch them up close.
T+2.5h still amazed by the flowers beauty I'm starting to get distracted by clouds etc but I'm totally feeling the love from every form of life, I haven't felt this 'in line with the world' for ages - I really understand the flower power peaceloving hippie age :)
T+3h I'm still quite a bit underwhelmed over the lack of visuals - I was expecting more! But that was part of the problem, I was sitting and waiting for visuals to take over - instead of just closing my eyes and get into the mental experience.
T+4-6h I was tripping good, I wouldn't say the universe exploded in my mind but I was travelling the cosmic threads, following one thread to the next, like visualising molecules - down to atoms - down to electrons - down to quarks and gluon - but it was the cosmic threads of life I was 'zooming into'... this was the most amazing phase of the whole trip - when you feel it starts kicking in and you want more more more of it.
T+6-8h I started browsing youtube and experiencing _the most amazing music I've ever heard_ and connected to on a spiritual level, looking at psychadelic pictures and getting totally lost in them... tried laying down and listen to audiobooks (lord of the rings books) and finding so many sublevels to the story but after a while it was too hard to follow. This 4-6h into the trip it was starting to plateau - it was extremely pleasurable but it wasn't going any deeper.
T+8h it really dropped off here, much more visuals - faces in movies distorting but the deep mental experience was gone.
T+10 really wanting to sleep but can't.

T+1d - T+2d I'm feeling so in sync with life, I don't really feel like doing drugs - I'm so calm and at peace with myself, and I used to feel like life was lacking something unless I was on something.

After I started taking pregabalin against my migrane a couple years back I really fell in love with pregabalin, high doses of that gave me a very psychadelic feeling, somewhat like LSD (but nothing like 200µg :)) and MDMA (much much more like MDMA tho).
Now I haven't taken pregabalin in two days and I don't miss that high at all... and my body feels great - the motions are so smooth - and my hands are stable without any shaking at all (my migrane medicine usually give me most annoying small shakes).
I have no idea for how long I will feel this great but it'll be interesting to see.

What will I do next trip (oh yes - there will be more :)) to improve the trip - or what would I have done differently:
First of all I would take it much much earlier in the day, the sunset hitting the flowers was amazing but I missed out on so much after it got dark outside, that was amazing too but I still would have loved to see all those colors in daylight.
And I'd have started listening to music much earlier and much more - that was sooo amazing!
And I wouldn't have stayed indoors in a dark room (it got late) so much...
No - much earlier in the day next time!
I'm sure I missed explaining much of the trip but those were the highlights :)

As you being a newbie, I advice you to have a xanax or a benzo in-hand. Even weed. It will either kill or reduce your experience, hopefully you will never have to get to that because psychedelics are the most beautiful drugs out there and it would be a shame, a big shame to appeal to that but you never know what's what so it's good to have some basic knowledge. As far your trip report goes, don't be disappointed -- you had fun after all. I vividly remember my LSD experience in the woods and in their birth right they're meant to be used in nature. Next time I suggest to try some activities.

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep them in mind.
Oh I wasn't disappointed, yes there were times I felt "I want more!" but the psychological experience well made up for that once it kicked it... I admit I wanted the on-coming experience (T+2 to T+4h) to be stronger and longer, but that doesn't mean in any way that I was disappointed in the trip - I'm disappointed I didn't take it earlier in the day, I'm disappointed I didn't close my eyes and experience that state earlier, but those are disappointments I can change for next time :)

Try 2 hits for the killer visuals, almost all purported 200ug hits are much less. I find higher doses easier to handle. They are more magic and visual. Try it without the pregab or take a smaller dose of them next time. Also take it earlier in the day. Sunsets and day trips are beautiful.

Try 2 hits for the killer visuals, almost all purported 200ug hits are much less. I find higher doses easier to handle. They are more magic and visual. Try it without the pregab or take a smaller dose of them next time. Also take it earlier in the day. Sunsets and day trips are beautiful.
Okey, yeah, not impossible one might try double dose.
Any reason I should go without pregabalin? Does it interact with lsd in some way?

Yeah most likely the tab was under dosed 200 ug is usually too much for a first time trip. Probably like 100 ug on the tab. Don't mix LSD with other things when your new to it aswell. Nice trip report and glad you had a fun time. Pregablin interacts with LSD in different ways for some people. For Some it dulls the trip down which could of been the case here. Try taking one tab again without the pregab to see how the experience is then in future trips you can think about upping the amount of LSD taken to like 1 and a half tabs to two tabs.

Awesome to see the wonderful afterglow. LSD's first message is one of love and its always nice to see people experience that beauty of the world

You took a couple grams of pregabalin? That's a very very high dose. Perhaps you meant gabapentin (still a high dose)?

If you want to experience the real LSD mindspace don't take any sedative because they modify the trip (usually making it less intense and profound), specially at high doses. If you really want to take pregabalin then save it for the comedown (or take a very small dose).
Also weed doesn't kill the trip, in fact it makes it more intense but the mindspace is not the same. Some people like to mix the 2 but I would rather save the weed for the comedown.

You took a couple grams of pregabalin? That's a very very high dose. Perhaps you meant gabapentin (still a high dose)?

If you want to experience the real LSD mindspace don't take any sedative because they modify the trip (usually making it less intense and profound), specially at high doses. If you really want to take pregabalin then save it for the comedown (or take a very small dose).
Also weed doesn't kill the trip, in fact it makes it more intense but the mindspace is not the same. Some people like to mix the 2 but I would rather save the weed for the comedown.

I've been on gabapentin for years, changed to pregabalin last two years. Yes 1.6g, which is what I took, is pretty high - for someone not used to it, on me it doesn't do much anymore after taking it in ever increasing doses daily for two years - but yes I totally need a break from it but it's the one drug that keeps my chronic migrane in check and gives me energy to manage the day so it's quite hard to stop using... doesn't give me withdrawl to stop but I do get difficult sleeping problems for a week.
Yeah I'll try without it (no problem holding up a couple of days) next time.. thanks for the tips!

I've been on gabapentin for years, changed to pregabalin last two years. Yes 1.6g, which is what I took, is pretty high - for someone not used to it, on me it doesn't do much anymore after taking it in ever increasing doses daily for two years - but yes I totally need a break from it but it's the one drug that keeps my chronic migrane in check and gives me energy to manage the day so it's quite hard to stop using... doesn't give me withdrawl to stop but I do get difficult sleeping problems for a week.
Yeah I'll try without it (no problem holding up a couple of days) next time.. thanks for the tips!

You can still take it, just maybe try waiting until the peak has passed. No need to stop for a couple of days, specially if you've been taking 1.6g doses for a long time because withdrawing from that dose could give you a seizure and kill you (seriously). Maybe you're extremely lucky and your WD symptoms have been pretty mild in the past but please be careful.
Also LSD does put some strain on the cardiovascular system which could be dangerous to someone who is withdrawing from gabaergics (benzos, pregabalin, gabapentin, alcohol, barbiturates, etc...). With these drugs you can't just stop cold turkey if you're dependent, you really have to taper slowly if you ever wanted to quit or reduce your dose.

All that Pregabalin is deff gonna make the LSD trip dulled that's a really big dose. It would be much better if you ate the acid as soon as you woke up and then around evening when the trip is wearing down take the Pregabalin and mellow out the rest the night. Pretty sure you'll have all the visuals and euphoria you seek if you go about it like this.