• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants first time taking Adderall: 270mg later..

interesting_name

Greenlighter
TL;DR version at end

So my imaginary friend got a hold of some 30mg Adderall XR, and he planned on trying it (his first time) yesterday to help him study. So he woke up, took one pill on an empty stomach around 11:30AM, and waited. about 45 minutes later he felt a brief sense of clear-mindedness, as if someone had turned off all the "background noise" in his mind.

operative word of that last sentence being "brief."Not much later, the feeling dissipated, and he was left trying to figure out how this drug works for him. he felt that the best way to do this was to experiment, so he took one of the XR pills and crushed the beads inside to a powder, and then around 1:00PM he sent all that goodness up his nose (mmm, Adderall post-nasal drip- yumm). then he waited, just like before. and then he waited some more. he waited longer than he had waited for the intact XR pill he took orally just a few hours earlier, and at that point he decided the next best step was to do it again.

So he crushed another pill. around 2:00PM, and it was going through the rolled-up dollar bill again.

And guess what he did again at 3:00PM?
same thing he ended up doing once more at 4:00PM.

yeah, my imaginary friend snorted 4 of those bad boys (120mg of Adderall) over the course of the afternoon, and all he had to show for it was Adderall-colored mucus. utterly defeated, he blamed the ineffectiveness on his allergies, which was the only thing he could think of that would stop the drug from working properly via the nasal route. four pills later, and the best feeling of the day was still the sense of clear-mindedness that came and went from the first capsule.

but alas, he was determined to not quit! (apparently he is far more motivated to crack Adderall and make it work for him than he is to crack his textbook open.) thus, he stuck with what he knew worked at least somewhat- oral administration. except this time, he crushed the powder- instead of snorting it, he parachuted it. so down went the first chute, quickly followed by the contents of yet another 30mg capsule. fast-forward half an hour, and it actually might be starting to work. the pathetic tingling sensations he got from snorting were now starting to build in strength.

So of course, he parachuted the other 2 capsules he had remaining. you know, for good measure.

TL;DR
around 6:00PM- after taking 150mg of Adderall orally and 120mg through snorting (which had no effect whatsoever; maybe due to my allergies?), making a grand total of 270mg consumed over 7 hours, my imaginary friend finally got high. victory! well, sort of. the high was definitely there- and it stuck around longer than the 'clear-mindedness' did after taking the very first pill. however, he did not feel that this was euphoric at all, as many people have described their experiences with Adderall. still, my imaginary best friend could live without that; his first interest was in getting a big enough boost of energy, motivation, and self-esteem to get his ass off the couch and actually get shit done. instead, he wasted the entire day trying to get those very things from little orange beads!

yeah, he was focused- he's probably never been more focused in his life. but he wasn't focused on the right things, that's for sure. and it was a very strange sense of focus. now my imaginary friend truly appreciates Adderall not as a stimulant, but as a reinforcer; it's such a good reinforcer that it caused him to spend the next thirteen hours on his computer writing a single forum post. for thirteen hours. he probably could have read his entire damn textbook in that time. but the motivation was not there. all that those 270mg did for him was kill his appetite, make him forget how to sleep and stare at a computer screen for 13 hours straight. $45 down the drain.

he's not sure what went wrong, or if it's even something that he can address. he is tolerant to alcohol as well as anesthesia, but those are both depressants. amphetamine is a stimulant, and his mind already works so fast- honestly, this is just really confusing to him and he's starting to feel a little crappy from not sleeping. crappyness expounded by the realization that his major exam he was suppose to be studying for all day is now in less than 28 hours..

it seems like my imaginary friend might not be able to get much from this drug. yes, he took a lot of it. but can you blame him? he didn't really even feel anything until he took the last 120mg orally. and he definitely felt it then, but it was not what he was expecting and it was not conducive to him being productive. given his new sleep deficit, it was incredibly detrimental instead.

anyone have any suggestions or ideas to help his case?

Welcome to bluelight. We don't do the "my imaginary friend", SWIM, etc. thing here like on other sites.

You took way too much Dexedrine/Adderall. Even 100mg is a lot. From the way this post is written it reads as though the Adderall is still working for you.

Do you have ADD? The drug does help people who do have ADD to concentrate; but they don't really get a high from it.

Are you taking it for a sleep disorder like narcolepsy since you wrote about a sleep disorder? Or did you just mean that you found it impossible to sleep after taking a large dose of the Adderall?

Next time just take 5-15mg orally, don't snort any, and take it in the morning and not in the afternoon or evening.

Last edited: