Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time on LSD, and its a candyflip

lappep

Greenlighter
Hey guys
I’m 25 years old, weight 87kg and 178 cm.
So this week-end I will be attending a music festival and I plan on taking with me one tab of LSD and 2 and half pills
The festival is 30 hours straight of music (techno and house music) its starts around 2pm staurday and ends 9pm sunday (with my favourite artist playing from 21h to 00h)
As I said this is gonna be my first time with LSD so I need advices on planning the event and when i should drop the lsd and the pills.
Here is my plan : around 5-6 pm I will take the tab (should I split it in 2 takes?or just take half a tab since it’s my first time ) and enjoy the music and visuals with my freind (his first time on acid too xD) then after 2-3 hours i plan on taking the mdma in halves and slowly redosing until its around 8 am in the morning then Im going to rest a bit ( smoke some joints maybe, it depends on how i feel at that moment) then i will probably have 1 pill left wich i plan on taking it around 3pm sunday untill the end. I might get my hands on some coke during the resting time what do you think ? And finally after the festival ends 9pm I plan on going to the hotel room and snort a line of ketamin and chill in the bed till i sleep (it usually helps a lot with the comedown of mdma)
What do you think guys? i know this probably not the perfect plan thats i why i need the help of more experienced people.
Any tips with lsd coming up and how to avoid a bad trip is appreciated.
Thank you <3

Personally I do not advocate taking LSD or any psychedelic for the first time at a festival or in combination with other substances. That said I know a lot of people do it, and you probably are going to regardless ;) - from your post obviously you have some experience with other substances, have you taken any other classical psychedelics before?

Either way IMO LSD is on the friendlier end of the spectrum of headfuckery and potential difficult experiences so you should be alright - although experience with other psychedelics would be a help of course. But in the absence of a controlled environment, a sober trip sitter, or an also tripping trip-sitter with previous acid experience, the next best thing is that you will at least be in trusted company. So I'm going to hope and presume that your friend is indeed a trusted friend and that you have a reasonable expectation that neither of you are prone to doing anything extreme and out of character while under the influence of other mind altering substances, and that if either of you were to have some kind of extreme reaction, the other will be of sufficient maturity and sound enough mind to know how to deal with this in the safest possible way for both of you! These factors being the case, you should be set to have every chance of having a good time.

The fact that you have MDMA to dose later will provide an unconventional safety net of sorts since it will almost inevitably boost you into a good mindset if needed. Try to keep this in mind if you do start to experience any unpleasant feelings, that it won't last forever and if it gets truly unbearable you have a route to get yourself quickly out of it. Some come-up anxiety is normal, but acid peaks quickly, usually within an hour or 2, so I would urge you to try to weather any uncomfortable feelings but also don't be too reluctant to take a time out somewhere quieter if you need to.

Your timing of substances I do not find too much wrong with, although I would say you might want to push back dropping the first pill half so you get a better full experience for your first time with acid, I've never done it personally but IIRC people typically recommend dropping MDMA closer to the 5-6 hour mark of an acid trip, at which point you should be over the peak, whereas after 2-3 hours you could still be peaking depending on the strength of your tabs. Acid is plenty stimulating on it's own also and this way you will prolong the experience with the drugs you have.

I'm not sure personally about whether I would save 1 pill for the next day or just redose on the night, your experience the next day will inevitably be significantly less and if you're planning to get some coke anyway maybe you could just do that the next night until you come down with a little ketamine. Honestly it's been years since I did MDMA in any kind of festival setting though and I'm struggling with what would be the most HR-oriented route to take, hopefully someone else can chime in on this point.

Other than that, always test your drugs if you don't know your source. Before you dose, read up everything you can about LSD. I think that's all I've got for now, I'm sure it'll be a great time.

Oh, one final important point - LSD is a powerful substance, always respect it and it will (usually) respect you. Treat it carelessly, and you're asking for trouble. The very fact that you're asking for advice here suggests that you do respect it, but it bears repeating regardless.

Your plan sounds perfect to experience the peaks of the two together but if the festival is 30hrs long then you are going to run out of drugs way earlier than the length of the event. That 1 pill the next day might not do much if you trip and roll the day before and chances are you will feel pretty worn out, fried and maybe even depressed for half the event if you run out of substances too early. To stretch the substances out it might be best to wait and drop the pills on the acid comedown 7-10 hours after dropping. This would stretch the substances out but you would be missing one of the most beautiful combos ever in my humble experience. Nothing beats a well timed candyflip. Your times are pretty spot on to hit the peaks of both.

If your intention is to experience the two together, which is probably the best drug combo or experience I've ever had, then your time table is well timed to hit both on the peaks but if you want to enjoy the whole event without being In a MDMA and acid(not much comedown by itself) comedown then you might want to wait till the end of the trip to drop your E.

Honestly I would drop both with the time table you have planned but I would try and wait till I had already been at the event for 10-15hrs so I wouldnt be stuck coming down for half the event.

Personally I do not advocate taking LSD or any psychedelic for the first time at a festival or in combination with other substances. That said I know a lot of people do it, and you probably are going to regardless ;) - from your post obviously you have some experience with other substances, have you taken any other classical psychedelics before?

Either way IMO LSD is on the friendlier end of the spectrum of headfuckery and potential difficult experiences so you should be alright - although experience with other psychedelics would be a help of course. But in the absence of a controlled environment, a sober trip sitter, or an also tripping trip-sitter with previous acid experience, the next best thing is that you will at least be in trusted company. So I'm going to hope and presume that your friend is indeed a trusted friend and that you have a reasonable expectation that neither of you are prone to doing anything extreme and out of character while under the influence of other mind altering substances, and that if either of you were to have some kind of extreme reaction, the other will be of sufficient maturity and sound enough mind to know how to deal with this in the safest possible way for both of you! These factors being the case, you should be set to have every chance of having a good time.

The fact that you have MDMA to dose later will provide an unconventional safety net of sorts since it will almost inevitably boost you into a good mindset if needed. Try to keep this in mind if you do start to experience any unpleasant feelings, that it won't last forever and if it gets truly unbearable you have a route to get yourself quickly out of it. Some come-up anxiety is normal, but acid peaks quickly, usually within an hour or 2, so I would urge you to try to weather any uncomfortable feelings but also don't be too reluctant to take a time out somewhere quieter if you need to.

Your timing of substances I do not find too much wrong with, although I would say you might want to push back dropping the first pill half so you get a better full experience for your first time with acid, I've never done it personally but IIRC people typically recommend dropping MDMA closer to the 5-6 hour mark of an acid trip, at which point you should be over the peak, whereas after 2-3 hours you could still be peaking depending on the strength of your tabs. Acid is plenty stimulating on it's own also and this way you will prolong the experience with the drugs you have.

I'm not sure personally about whether I would save 1 pill for the next day or just redose on the night, your experience the next day will inevitably be significantly less and if you're planning to get some coke anyway maybe you could just do that the next night until you come down with a little ketamine. Honestly it's been years since I did MDMA in any kind of festival setting though and I'm struggling with what would be the most HR-oriented route to take, hopefully someone else can chime in on this point.

Other than that, always test your drugs if you don't know your source. Before you dose, read up everything you can about LSD. I think that's all I've got for now, I'm sure it'll be a great time.

Oh, one final important point - LSD is a powerful substance, always respect it and it will (usually) respect you. Treat it carelessly, and you're asking for trouble. The very fact that you're asking for advice here suggests that you do respect it, but it bears repeating regardless.
Thank you for your detailed reply, it’s really helpfull.
This is my first experience with psychedelics I’ve done ketamine before but on low doses.

Sadly, I don’t have a sober trip sitter, but I do trust my freind who will also trip on acid with me, thats why I’m thinking of taking half a tab, I will decide when i will be at the festival.

Yes I might push the time of taking mdma if I don’t feel the need to, I think thats even better to prolonge fun time, and i don’t think i’m experienced enough to deal with the peak of LSD and MDMA at the same time,so i’m probably experience the LSD peak then I will be taking MDMA, that’s a good idea thanks (although I believe I will know when to take the MDMA when I’m at the festival, i’m really not an extreme person I don’t seek intensity of the trip but the quality)

I really thought about LSD a long time ago and I definetly did my research on the experience, plus this festival is going to be at the desert (sahara) so I think the environnement is good for a fun beautiful trip with sand and the sunset/sunrise, plus I’m at the desert what’s the worst that can happen :D ? (That’s the spirit that i’m going in with haha) I’m just gonna have crazy good time

Last edited:
Your plan sounds perfect to experience the peaks of the two together but if the festival is 30hrs long then you are going to run out of drugs way earlier than the length of the event. That 1 pill the next day might not do much if you trip and roll the day before and chances are you will feel pretty worn out, fried and maybe even depressed for half the event if you run out of substances too early. To stretch the substances out it might be best to wait and drop the pills on the acid comedown 7-10 hours after dropping. This would stretch the substances out but you would be missing one of the most beautiful combos ever in my humble experience. Nothing beats a well timed candyflip. Your times are pretty spot on to hit the peaks of both.

If your intention is to experience the two together, which is probably the best drug combo or experience I've ever had, then your time table is well timed to hit both on the peaks but if you want to enjoy the whole event without being In a MDMA and acid(not much comedown by itself) comedown then you might want to wait till the end of the trip to drop your E.

Honestly I would drop both with the time table you have planned but I would try and wait till I had already been at the event for 10-15hrs so I wouldnt be stuck coming down for half the event.
Thank you for your reply,
Yes that’s also what i’m thinking of is the comedown of the first night, that’s why I will probably find some coke so I wouldn’t feel it so bad before taking my last pill...
Is just rolling on MDMA the first night till like 8am and then take the LSD to enjoy the next day a good idea? Would I feel the comedown of the mdma mixed with the effects of LSD ? Would it affect the trip negatively?
Here’s the time table of the event attached tell me what you think (Keep on mind that I’m mostly going to the event for Luciano)

Attachments

• 4ADE50F7-A4E7-4CF3-9D73-3604385EFE27.png
    4ADE50F7-A4E7-4CF3-9D73-3604385EFE27.png
    561.4 KB · Views: 6
Man, I miss candyflipping. My first time doing LSD was also a candyflip. I was at a friend's house in the east end of Toronto and found the experience so heavy that I had to go home, though I managed that on about an hour and a half of transit so it couldn't have been too heavy.
That's when I melted into my partner at Union Station and saw my friend disintegrate into dust on the metro. Felt goood though.
Still can't find good MDMA around here but that's a problem for the "What's Wrong With MDMA Today?" thread.

I'm sorry I can't give you very good advice as it's been a long time since I've done this (last time was 2008, this time at Shambhala, which is a music festival in British Columbia....my friends bugged me to buy pills off some guy as we were peaking on the LSD.....ended up chilling in our tent most of the evening because shit was too intense, though it was a pleasurable experience nonetheless) and I'm not very experienced with it in that I haven't done it more than a handful of times.

Wish you the best of times at the festival though! :)

Ok, I lied, I do have advice for you.

I honestly wouldn't combine the two at a festival if it's your first time. I think you may find it to be overwhelming. I checked out the time slots you posted and I'd maybe do a pill shortly after getting there and hit the LSD later the first evening. Save the second pill for another time, unless they're low dose and you need it to redose after taking the first one. That should do you nicely til sunrise and beyond on Sunday. Get some sleep after that and you're all good. Mind you, I'm notorious for napping at festivals so maybe that sleep thing isn't your cup of tea.

Last edited:
Don't take acid on mdma comedowns and also do not smoke weed on LSD even if its 12 hours later. You will be clear to smoke probably 14-16 hours later at 12 hours it can kick acid even beyond the peak if you smoke 28% thc strains sativa. So avoid weed on lsd as a newbie to LSD. I would personally just take mdma and smoke weed and leave LSD for another day. You can research LSD all you want but once it peaks and kicks in that all goes into the wind as reality rearranges itself infront of your very eyes and your entire life memories hit you like a train taking you on a wild trip through time and space figuring out who you truly are. Please leave first time LSD trips to somewhere more chill where you are not surrounded by strangers

Thats a weird time frame for a festival, if it were me I'd probably just do my thing Saturday night and take it easy Sunday assuming you're not about to sleep in between the two days?

Maybe take the LSD at 5-6pm, the ship will have probably stabilized by 10pm, then take the MDMA then or whenever you feel comfortable enough to. First time with LSD you might find the idea of taking MORE drugs so soon quite daunting when it actually comes to it. Regardless, lets say you take the MDMA no later than midnight on saturday, you'd roll and party well into the morning. Then once thats all worn off, if you don't succumb to sleep I'd just drink/smoke weed until the whole thing is over. I can't imagine taking more LSD or more MDMA without sleeping in between, not to mention the second "night" ends at only 9pm, so IDK where you'd get sleep in especially if want to take another regimen of drugs day 2. Like TripsitterNZ said, weed can totally bring back feelings from LSD (and MDMA) long after you feel they've worn off. If this doesn't come as a surprise or catches you off guard, its actually quite nice IMO

As for the people discouraging you from taking it at a festival, I get that, but I know a ton of people who's first time tripping was at a music festival, people who I've tripped with for their first time at music festivals. My 2nd time with LSD was. It's not a bad environment at all, depending on the festival. Plenty of entertainment and things going on to keep your mind nicely occupied, you're further removed from real-life crap that might eat at you, usually outdoors and thats always a relief when tripping.

Just don't take a huge dose, it'd help if you had at least a ballpark for what the dose is on your LSD, I wouldn't take more than 100-125ug for your first time. Sounds like you've done drugs before, your frontal lobe is fully developed, I don't think taking a small bit of LSD for your first time at a 30 hour techno fest is too reckless of a plan :)

You can research LSD all you want but once it peaks and kicks in that all goes into the wind as reality rearranges itself infront of your very eyes and your entire life memories hit you like a train taking you on a wild trip through time and space figuring out who you truly are. Please leave first time LSD trips to somewhere more chill where you are not surrounded by strangers

yeah maybe if you take a fucking 10 strip lol, the dude is tentatively taking a single tab (I'd suggest start with half) of what I imagine isn't your infamous gang-affiliated 500ug tabs

100 ug of the purest LSD on earth is enough to induce complete cosmic consciousness and ego death and total out of body experinces travelling through time and space under the right settings which is why caution is always required going into LSD and doing in a safe place and where you are able to have a chilled out space for the comedown. No ones know how they will react to LSD even on the smallest amount. LSD will do to you whatever LSD wants too. This is why i always try whatever batch i get first before anybody else tries it to gauge the strength of the trip so i can give them caution. Depending on this persons location their street tabs could easily be 250-300 ug + these things are not rare in certain parts of Europe or south america aswell or it could be dosed light which is the most desirible option for a first time trip. Even 100 ug will overwhemling if its dosed right for a first timers trip which requires good friends around to take them places and get their mind stimulated on nature.

I would take MDMA first then taķe the LSD if you are worried about a bad trip. MDMA puts you in a content, happy mood which is very important when you take LSD; the initial psychology effects the trip greatly.

I don't advise smoking weed because it's your first time with LSD, you'll be at an unfamiliar place, you're combining MDMA as well and weed makes the trip much more intense. It could really get overwhelming both mentally & physically.

I would also decide on an easy location to meet up in case you loose each other. Looking for your friend could become a long adventure if you don't do this.

Keep in mind that it will be a long trip but it could come in waves and your mood may change quite drastically during these times.

Don't forget to eat something light (maybe a banana) and drink some water. Don't get too crazy with the amounts on your first time. Good luck, be safe and have fun.

LSD and MDMA gave me my most pleasurable drug experiences of my life and I have Iv'd most of the popular drugs. LSD is my favorite drug by far and MDMA gives it a euphoric and beautiful kick.

you could candy flip both days by taking half a tab and that would extend your experience to cover the entire event. It would probably make your first acid experience more festival friendly, however you might not get the full LSD experience; depending on the strength of your LSD. Since it is your first time you would probably be able to get good effects from both half doses, especially combined with MDMA.

I would definitely candy flip but that's just me. Probably not the best HR advice because of your lack of experience and the festival setting but I would definitely dose the MDMA several hours into the trip... 3-4hrs.

I think that desert setting would be magnificent for the experience, especially if you are able to get away from the music and people if you feel overwhelmed. I'm actually really jealous. Enjoy!! and come back to give us an update of the experience. A trip report would be awesome.

A full tab the first time usually leads to not being clear on exactly where you are.half a tab is usually a dose that allows one to remain in control throughout the trip.a full tab plus mdma for a first LSD experience might equal a whole lot of not remembering or walking off from your friends and just snapping out of it 20hrs later with no recollection of where u been,what u saw or how u got there.

LSD and MDMA gave me my most pleasurable drug experiences of my life and I have Iv'd most of the popular drugs. LSD is my favorite drug by far and MDMA gives it a euphoric and beautiful kick.

you could candy flip both days by taking half a tab and that would extend your experience to cover the entire event. It would probably make your first acid experience more festival friendly, however you might not get the full LSD experience; depending on the strength of your LSD. Since it is your first time you would probably be able to get good effects from both half doses, especially combined with MDMA.

I would definitely candy flip but that's just me. Probably not the best HR advice because of your lack of experience and the festival setting but I would definitely dose the MDMA several hours into the trip... 3-4hrs.

I think that desert setting would be magnificent for the experience, especially if you are able to get away from the music and people if you feel overwhelmed. I'm actually really jealous. Enjoy!! and come back to give us an update of the experience. A trip report would be awesome.
Echo your thoughts and feelings here entirely. These 2 drugs were always just the perfect match in heaven for me personally I could never fail to be totally alright in a really high and strong and secure sense.

And talked about complementary. And yes I too would go along with the consensus and suggest 3 to 4 hours into the trip to take the MDMA being the best.

Last time I rolled properly just before Lyme stopped my tracks dead, was at an indoor/outdoor barn party at night in 2005. I had already taken 5 Hoffman blotters, Lsd 25, good trips but still only 100ug each but surely that, 90 minimum going by my generally good intuition (and my experiences with the clearnet 100ug tabs recently here has been extremely useful for gauging and reappraising past trips which in most cases line up entirely with what I'm experiencing now and what I already kind of felt the dosages to be).

But it was my 3rd time tripping on those tabs in 8 days. (2 Saturday, 3.5 Wednesday afternoon, 6 this Saturday night, 3 very good trips).

Still I was high and rising. I swear I used to get a postponed come up and peak at times on larger doses, especially with MDMA mixed in.

Anyway, my passive I was just a purely clean clear headed and fully within myself one where there was a zero anxiety or apprehension about anything in life and just fluid creation but totally real will and simple and pure.

I was with good friends at the beginning of the night with no agenda or pressure and I picked up some truly excellent MDMA pills call "Heineken Stars" at the time.

Really clean and very strong and rushy and euphoric just that feeling of of absolute brilliance and excitement and infatuation with life and pure ecstasy.

A good 150mg in those Stars I swear. I took 2 together on the acid, rolling a weed spliff. Good tunes. Outddor air, barn shelter, easy, mellow crowd.

And WOW what's a rush and amazing feeling coming up on those two ecstasy pills at that moment high as can be on the LSD and just in myself.
That was the last time I went to a party and candy flipped before illness to everything away. But wow that has to be experienced because it is just so good and purely enjoyable.

Ketamine was the following shortly which was an interesting addition very smooth but messy as the night went on. Not to mention the next day nearly 24 hours later still on the session lol that was when the ketamine would really take you to some places.

But I took another 2 Heineken Stars that night plus and identified MDMA pill because I couldn't see what it was haha. 6 tabs in total, 5 really good pills, ket continuing into late Sunday evening. And I did also happened to have some of the absolute best stunt I've ever had in my life at the time it was sensational if I could go back I would have spent more of my money on that and less on the ketamine because this was weed I will take with me to the moon if I could only select a few batches over my lifetime sort of stuff.

This blueberry psychosis type strain.

So that was another amazing trip but in particular it was that initial come up on those that Heineken star double drop, feeling lovey on the acid in just that perfect moment and scene which is totally timeless with good friends and perfect surroundings.

Sorry man but you really inspired me to share that. Just one of many many sensational experiences I had combining LSD and MDMA.

Echo your thoughts and feelings here entirely. These 2 drugs were always just the perfect match in heaven for me personally I could never fail to be totally alright in a really high and strong and secure sense.

And talked about complementary. And yes I too would go along with the consensus and suggest 3 to 4 hours into the trip to take the MDMA being the best.

Last time I rolled properly just before Lyme stopped my tracks dead, was at an indoor/outdoor barn party at night in 2005. I had already taken 5 Hoffman blotters, Lsd 25, good trips but still only 100ug each but surely that, 90 minimum going by my generally good intuition (and my experiences with the clearnet 100ug tabs recently here has been extremely useful for gauging and reappraising past trips which in most cases line up entirely with what I'm experiencing now and what I already kind of felt the dosages to be).

But it was my 3rd time tripping on those tabs in 8 days. (2 Saturday, 3.5 Wednesday afternoon, 6 this Saturday night, 3 very good trips).

Still I was high and rising. I swear I used to get a postponed come up and peak at times on larger doses, especially with MDMA mixed in.

Anyway, my passive I was just a purely clean clear headed and fully within myself one where there was a zero anxiety or apprehension about anything in life and just fluid creation but totally real will and simple and pure.

I was with good friends at the beginning of the night with no agenda or pressure and I picked up some truly excellent MDMA pills call "Heineken Stars" at the time.

Really clean and very strong and rushy and euphoric just that feeling of of absolute brilliance and excitement and infatuation with life and pure ecstasy.

A good 150mg in those Stars I swear. I took 2 together on the acid, rolling a weed spliff. Good tunes. Outddor air, barn shelter, easy, mellow crowd.

And WOW what's a rush and amazing feeling coming up on those two ecstasy pills at that moment high as can be on the LSD and just in myself.
That was the last time I went to a party and candy flipped before illness to everything away. But wow that has to be experienced because it is just so good and purely enjoyable.

Ketamine was the following shortly which was an interesting addition very smooth but messy as the night went on. Not to mention the next day nearly 24 hours later still on the session lol that was when the ketamine would really take you to some places.

But I took another 2 Heineken Stars that night plus and identified MDMA pill because I couldn't see what it was haha. 6 tabs in total, 5 really good pills, ket continuing into late Sunday evening. And I did also happened to have some of the absolute best stunt I've ever had in my life at the time it was sensational if I could go back I would have spent more of my money on that and less on the ketamine because this was weed I will take with me to the moon if I could only select a few batches over my lifetime sort of stuff.

This blueberry psychosis type strain.

So that was another amazing trip but in particular it was that initial come up on those that Heineken star double drop, feeling lovey on the acid in just that perfect moment and scene which is totally timeless with good friends and perfect surroundings.

Sorry man but you really inspired me to share that. Just one of many many sensational experiences I had combining LSD and MDMA.

Haha.... Yeah it really was a blast. I haven't done it in 20yrs and I wouldn't do it now. Unfortunately rolling takes too much out of me but I still love LSD and those beautiful experiences are forever etched in my mind. Im happy I could help you with your little flashback, nostalgia trip ;)