View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time Ketamine use tips/dosage

nooodle

Bluelighter
My mates birthday is in a month or so and i'm going to be getting half a gram of K for him and me to try for our first time, he's done MD and LSD a few times while i've probably used them a lot more than him even though they are entirely different to Ket.

As i said i'm going to be purchasing half a gram, i've decided we're just going to 25mg each. (One 15mg line each and another 10mg line 15/20 minutes after the first.)
Is this is a good way to dose or should i split the mg's up a bit more into more lines across a longer span of time? And also is 25mg a good starter dose? Not enough or too much?

Everytime i tried searching doses online it would vary answers for each website so i wanna ask the community.

Also anyone got good music for ket? I have a fuckton of music for tripping on acid but never used a dissosciative so i guess i should have different music?

If anyone can answer my questions on dosage n shit or give me tips for my first time that would be appreciated ;)
cheers bb

Depending on the purity of your ket it will affect the dose. I would do alot more than 25 mg try aim 50-70 mg if its your first time. 100 mg + will have you super fucked up but ket is safe if you over do it your just k holed. Tipper is some good ket music. Just dont get into regualr ket use. Ketamine can leave you feeling fried once it wears off after a strong dose the next day. It truly is a cooked drug works well with LSD.

Depending on the purity of your ket it will affect the dose. I would do alot more than 25 mg try aim 50-70 mg if its your first time. 100 mg + will have you super fucked up but ket is safe if you over do it your just k holed. Tipper is some good ket music. Just dont get into regualr ket use. Ketamine can leave you feeling fried once it wears off after a strong dose the next day. It truly is a cooked drug works well with LSD.

I would probably do more but i'm only getting half a gram, so that mean's 25mg each.

Cheers for the song and advice.

It's all well and you should actually go a step further and get yourself a Gemini 20 mg scale off Amazon. That way you will actually will know how much your taking because eyeballing powders gives you pretty random amounts especially if you have no reference point and prior experience with Ketamine.

But it is really safe like TripsitterNZ is saying, in my early 20's I'd accidentally sniffed close to half a gram of K at once by rolling up a twenty dollar bill and putting it directly in the bag :oops:

It was the first time I'd ever even done the stuff and got K Holed in the middle of Central Park. Was beyond wonky and couldn't walk properly for hours. The first hour after I took it was severely intense and confusing my prior Dissos experience was with PCP and DXM. This was on a whole other level and incredibly psychedlic. Wish I had a scale on me and new better it wasn't the smartest thing I've done. Thankfully as I've gotten older and more deeply involved in Bluelight I've wisened up a little bit.

Hope you have a really good time and start with 50-60mgs and redose a little more wont hurt you but I like taking multiple redose with Dissos now more so than one big dose at once. Thankfully this stuff has a wide margin for error and if you hover it up it's not gonna kill yeah off like most drugs would. But that isn't saying it's not toxic towards your organs if used habitually.

Yeah I’d start with 80-100mg which is what I’ve always done and did for my first K go around. Not gonna K hole you but will give decent effects. You won’t notice much of anything from 25mg

It's all well and you should actually go a step further and get yourself a Gemini 20 mg scale off Amazon. That way you will actually will know how much your taking because eyeballing powders gives you pretty random amounts especially if you have no reference point and prior experience with Ketamine.

But it is really safe like TripsitterNZ is saying, in my early 20's I'd accidentally sniffed close to half a gram of K at once by rolling up a twenty dollar bill and putting it directly in the bag :oops:

It was the first time I'd ever even done the stuff and got K Holed in the middle of Central Park. Was beyond wonky and couldn't walk properly for hours. The first hour after I took it was severely intense and confusing my prior Dissos experience was with PCP and DXM. This was on a whole other level and incredibly psychedlic. Wish I had a scale on me and new better it wasn't the smartest thing I've done. Thankfully as I've gotten older and more deeply involved in Bluelight I've wisened up a little bit.

Hope you have a really good time and start with 50-60mgs and redose a little more wont hurt you but I like taking multiple redose with Dissos now more so than one big dose at once. Thankfully this stuff has a wide margin for error and if you hover it up it's not gonna kill yeah off like most drugs would. But that isn't saying it's not toxic towards your organs if used habitually.

Yeah i've got some scales of my own already, i wasn't planning on just guessing how much i take.

And cheers for the info, i'll probs be taking around 30mg then a 20mg line 10/15 mins later then if i feel i need more i will. But i'm an extreme lightweight when it comes to any drugs so i reckon 50mg will romp me.

I'm still feeling dissociated 2 weeks after snorting a dose of ketamine that didn't even do anything

had a panic reaction after smoking too much weed 1 week ago

and the dissociation symptoms I have now seem to be helped by taking GABA supplements, so I guess the dissociation symptoms are anxiety-induced

anyone else ever deal with dissociation while sober?

That doesn't sound right, hopefully it was actually K. My K morning after tonic would usually look like a 100-200mg mushroom dose with 500mg-1g of Acetyl L-Carnitine and 1.5g of Piracetam, probably a choline source, on an empty stomach. For the anxiety 1g+ of taurine and/or some l-theanine works in that combo. Also a heavy dose of a good, highly bioavailable magnesium before bed, like magnesium glycenate. 4x as much as whatever it says on the label. Magnesium oxide will give you the bad runs.

Getting too stoned coming off K really, really fucked me up a couple of times. Panic, agitation, palpitations, etc. Not a combo I enjoy.

Wondering whether or not it was K is another worry...

acetyl l-carnitine could be anti-dissociative? I already have l-theanine.

My mates birthday is in a month or so and i'm going to be getting half a gram of K for him and me to try for our first time, he's done MD and LSD a few times while i've probably used them a lot more than him even though they are entirely different to Ket.

As i said i'm going to be purchasing half a gram, i've decided we're just going to 25mg each. (One 15mg line each and another 10mg line 15/20 minutes after the first.)
Is this is a good way to dose or should i split the mg's up a bit more into more lines across a longer span of time? And also is 25mg a good starter dose? Not enough or too much?

Everytime i tried searching doses online it would vary answers for each website so i wanna ask the community.

Also anyone got good music for ket? I have a fuckton of music for tripping on acid but never used a dissosciative so i guess i should have different music?

If anyone can answer my questions on dosage n shit or give me tips for my first time that would be appreciated ;)
cheers bb

Every batch is a different quality....very similar glass shards but it has subtle differences( I used to do ALOT of ketamine, I get it by the vile from my friend who works there, Animal Grade and Human Grade are engineered differently ones a stereo isomer

Every batch is a different quality

It really shouldn't, though. Most ketamine is produced using one specific process (look up the patent if you're interested) that hasn't changed in years - the only thing that might vary a bit are yields, but (at least for commercial vials) the end product is formulated to always have the indicated amount of ketamine. Remember pharmacy meds are indeed regulated, it's not a free for all.

And speaking of, I did a favor for another BLer once - he sent me two batches of MXE that he claimed had totally different highs. I checked them on GCMS and they looked identical, same for polarimetry (which checks the isomer ratio). Both were near pure racemic MXE of similar solubility and effects to me. There's also a story of Tim Scully distributing 5 different batches of LSD tablets from the same batch, at the same dose, same weight and size, same fillers, differing only in color... people came back after a while insisting the different tablets produced different effects despite them being identically made. Expectation effects can be a real mindfuck...

Animal Grade and Human Grade are engineered differently

They are exactly the same at the end of the day, if it says "ketamine" then it's racemic ketamine. Pure S-isomer ketamine is used in the medical field but it is always specified as "esketamine", because producing a single isomer costs more and behaves differently as a drug. The only difference between ketamine for animals and ketamine for humans will be the text on the label, it's all just ketamine in solution with a whiff of preservative to stop it going bad.

As for "synthesis impurities", most of the arylcyclohexylamines I had the privelege of looking at on GCMS looked pretty good. Except for the one time it was triprolidine, I couldn't figure that out. Didn't even look like K. The one time I ran it on a chiral column (seperates enantiomers) it was 50/50, racemic, as you'd expect.

It is incorrect to suggest that different batches of ketamine will have "different isomers", the rule of thumb in chemistry is chirality doesn't show up out of nowhere usually, if you use non-chiral reagents in your synthesis the final product will be non-chiral. So unless you plan an entirely different synthesis around a chiral precursor or intermediate, the classic synthesis of ketamine and analogs (MXE, MXPr, DCK, 2FDCK, etcetera) will always produce 50/50 R/S. You can look up the patents but if my memory serves me right, the reagents for K are 2-chlorobenzonitrile, cyclopentylmagnesium bromide, and methylamine none of which are chiral.

Oh, and you can build a polarimeter yourself to check the isomer ratio of drugs... it's just a fluid filled sample chamber, a light, and 2 polarizers.