• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin First time IV (heroin)

nekrorat23

Greenlighter
I can't really find anything about this (might be me, im not good at searching the web..) but I've tried injecting heroin for the first time two days ago. I immediately noticed a lump on my hand right underneath the injection site. It kinda hurts when i put little pressure on it, but its not that i cant touch my hand at all.

It was cooked up in a glass spoon, cleaned up, with 15 mg ascorbic acid and i think it was #3 H, 33-40mg. Syringe and needle were new, cleaned my hand with alcohol wipes, i injected really slow so i dont think the vein popped? I'm sure someone here knows what is causing the lump and where i might have gone wrong. Is there anything i can do about it or will it go away in a few days? No need to go to the doctor?

No one here can diagnose what it is, but it sounds like to missed the vein. Give it some time like a day or two for it to start improving and go to the Dr if it doesn't improve (not if it's still there, but if it doesn't improve at all). You just want to make sure it doesn't become an infection.

Let me guess though you didn't feel it much? If not I'm positive you missed the vein

No one here can diagnose what it is, but it sounds like to missed the vein. Give it some time like a day or two for it to start improving and go to the Dr if it doesn't improve (not if it's still there, but if it doesn't improve at all). You just want to make sure it doesn't become an infection.

Let me guess though you didn't feel it much? If not I'm positive you missed the vein

I thought maybe this was something common, even though i couldn't find anything about it really.

I definitely felt something, it was an amazing experience. This is why im worried that it's something else that causes the lump.

It sounds to me like a missed shot. (Very common.)

You would still feel it even if you missed...it just wouldn't have the pronounced rush of a successfully registered shot. Just monitor the situation and, if it gets worse, seek medical attention.

Lol "vein pop" that can't really happen unless you literally smash the plunger down as fast as hard as you possibly can't after you register maybe it'll burst literally , but seriously , did you pull back the plunger a little bit once the needle tip was in to see if blood shot back into the solution in the syringe? If not don't ever push the h in always make sure you 'register' means pulling the plunger back just a tiny bit once you get a vein to see blood shoot into it so that means you're in, after that very slowly push the plunger down it shouldn't hurt like maybe very tiny sharp pain cause you've never shot before but there shouldn't be a lump that's hard, and don't get confused a small bump after you hit with a hard lump after you miss ... I had a friend who always got those confused . Be careful.

That is were you have either missed your veins or busted your vein you need to be extremely careful and do not rush