• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First time injecting dilaudid

jkmkaye

Bluelighter
So I did it. I injected 1/2 of a 2 mg dilaudid. I know not much, but I was scared to do too much as I have never had. I followed all the tips of "how tos" on this site, however my vein I used was above my elbow and now it has a large bump and it hurts. Is this normal? Am I being overly nervousness? I felt good but not "outrageous"! Do you think I am okay to try again? Thanks for any help.....

sounds like you misse your shot dude. you need to register once push down the plunger some an re register halfway through the shot. spend more time finding a good vein and take care of that miss. I suggest putting a warm wash cloth on it and let it sit. if it gets worse ( changes color or the lump grows seek medical attention immediately) btw if ya don't mind me askin what's your tolerance?

^^ this. I know nothing about shooting pills, but as opiodmancic said, it appears as you've somehow missed the shot. Definitely watch out for an infection, if the area becomes red, hot or painful please see your doctor. I missed a shot a few months ago, and after 2 days it definitely appeared to be case of cellulitis. The doc didn't give a shit, and perscribed me a course of the anti-biotic cephalexin, it cleared up in half a week. Easy.

I consider my tolerance ok. I have been prescribed 4/ 10 mg percocet per day for migraine total novice at injection though. But I though if I saw dark red blood I was good?

I am thinking of giving it a go with the other 1/2 pill, just different spot......

I am thinking of giving it a go with the other 1/2 pill, just different spot......

No.

Have you read through here on BL about the complications that occur because of missed shots? It should not be a matter of you thought you saw red blood it should be enough blood coming back into the syringe that there is no doubt about it. It needs to be injected very slowly and you need to register again like someone said half way through. Especially when you are new it is very frequent that your needle can move causing i t to either pull out of the vein or push through the vein wall on the other side. If you are not 110% sure you are correctly in a veindo not continue with the shot.

Yeah you definitely missed. IV'ing pills is really bad for your veins and can lead to all sorts of complications.

If you're going to continue doing it, at least use a micron filter and really familiarize yourself with proper/safe injection techniques. The IV megathread in my signature is a good start.

Okay, so I don't mean to whine, but thow do I know when I hit. I thought at surge of dark red blood was it. Now I want to try again and totally hesitant of what to do.....

Try with just plain water till you get the jist of how to inject properly...

It does require practice...

Use a new rig every time.

Okay, so I don't mean to whine, but thow do I know when I hit. I thought at surge of dark red blood was it. Now I want to try again and totally hesitant of what to do.....

The surge of blood means you are in, but an artery can sometimes look like that as well, though not usually..Like I said usually that blood is thinner and more orangeish.

To know you are properly hitting a vein you need to 1. Register with blood coming into the syringe.. and 2. Feel zero pain when actually injecting.

Okay, yeah than I definitely messed it up, because it hurt like hell. And now my arm has this nasty huge purple bruise around the site. Thanks for the feedback, I'll check out the main thread.

Hey my account is not allowing me to send messages. Check my profile for email and shoot me one :)

Dilaudid has one of the best IV rushes imo. Just not as good of a high as heroin.