• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin First time Heroin, tips?

Kishka

Bluelighter
Hello,

I'd like to know if you can tell me what Heroin feels like? I'm really curious about trying Heroin tonight. I purchased some but it looks nasty, kinda like black tar.
Dealer say it's good shit and will make me feel so great but I never done any opiates.

What's the best method to take Heroin? Insufflated, smoked ?

IM or Intraveinous is out of question so...

How should I dose it, I was thinking about 15mg. I have a scale so I can measure my doses :)

I'm a lightweight female in good health, I just wanna try it once.

Will it be better to take small bumps until I reach the desired effects? I think insufflation would be better but, it's in black tar form and it's kinda sticky I don't know how I will measure this...

Take a tiny bit and smoke that shit. Don't use needles, you risk ruining your life. Honestly though I wouldn't advise just randomly trying heroin, but if you must just start with a little and see how it goes, if you need more just smoke more. The truth is it's harder to OD by smoking that shooting so you'll probably be fine as long as you smoke. You should however get advice from someone that's used more heroin than me, or at least someone who has used tar. I always had China White, so idk about black tar

Ok, Am I supposed to smoke it through aluminium foil or a pipe?

There's a heroin mega thread if you scroll up with pages & pages of good info.

Dosage: you can't dose like pain pills...in other words, you can't assume that a 10mg percocet will dose equally to 10mg of heroin. Long time users with more knowledge can advise better than I can here.

Please be cautious...have someone with you 1st time use that can watch over you, call 911 if you feel symptoms of OD...don't play with your life..who gives a shit if the E.R. Dr. judges, your life will be worth it. Don't mix any drug that can cause CNS depression with H.

Other than that, good luck. I am not giving you thumbs up to use a drug than can destroy your life...just offering you advise on where to look for good info.

"I just wanna try it once", said every heroin addict ever.

This is really the only tip I can tell you. Run. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY. TURN AROUND AND RUN AWAY FROM THAT HEROIN AS FAST AS YOU FUCKING CAN MAN. You don't know hell (besides maybe benzo withdrawal) until your dependent on injecting heroin to function every single day, or else you are in for weeks of hellish withdrawals if you stop. (And then potentially months / years of PAWS and cravings) And trust me, with heroin, you don't find the needle man, the needle finds you.

Only 1% of heroin addicts recover each year.

I'm currently 8 days clean from all opiates, and most drugs besides a small dose of .5mg or 1mg etizolam to help sleep a bit at night, as they are still quite restless. Opiates were the drug that really destroyed any sense of control I had on my addiction though, they are insidious and you don't even REALIZE the addiction until it is too late, that is how they fuck with your mind. You will rationalize using more and more and more. Please don't, but I can't stop you.

Last edited:
I won't use a needle ever, and I'm a female bud :p

I just wanna try it once, i'm gonna eat and smoke a tiny amount to see how it goes

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you believe you can eat heroin you're not informed enough to handle the stuff. Eating it is a total waste - completely. Unless you eat a massive amount.

Throw it away. Please. You don't know how to smoke it properly so you're going to waste it anyway. It takes a while to learn how to smoke it so here's what's going to happen:

You will fail the first time and waste everything.

You will buy more to try again. You'll get a little high this time 'cause you do better rolling the foil.

You will buy more b/c the last time wasn't really a good, solid high.

You will buy again b/c this time you think you got it down but want to be sure.

You will buy again b/c just one more try...

You will become addicted.

You will regret today the rest of your life.

Me: 10 yr Heroin addict who wanted to, "try it just once" on his 30th birthday. Took two years to graduate to the needle, that destroyed - wrecked my life. I'm not kidding, don't do it.

Period. Run. Out.

I won't use a needle ever, and I'm a female bud :p

I just wanna try it once, i'm gonna eat and smoke a tiny amount to see how it goes

I recommend highly against it.

Last edited:
Oh, and yes, you might get it right today if you're unlucky, then skip to "You will buy again b/c just one more try..."

I'm not being condescending, I'm trying to save you a decade of hell.

My only tip is to make your first time your last time.

Are u experienced with other opiates..people should not introduce themselves to opiates with heroin..get some norcos or something..theres no goin back after this think first then act dont be impulsive with this decision it will come back to haunt u.

do it with someone who knows what they're doing or you could end up OD'ing or just wasting it.

try it once if you have will ppower to say been there done that.

I went through a phase of doing it and got bored but im more of a stimulant guy, didn't get hooked on the shit and i was using everyday for a week or so, withdrew with benzo's, then back to the ups.

heroin is way over rated. dont bother :)

Uh, well, depends on your tolerance? Which to me looks like you have none. Honestly, if i were you, and wanted to see how it felt, start with some vicodin, or percocet. This will be a much safer route and you will achieve the feeling we all want, just safer and cleaner..

Uh, forgot to mention this, make sure your by a toilet, because this stuff(first time) will make you puke your guts out.

do it with someone who knows what they're doing or you could end up OD'ing or just wasting it.

In the interest of harm reduction, because you're obviously going to go and do it anyway, this is probably the best advice.

A lot of people have people with them because they'll feel safer, but if something did happen, those people wouldn't have a clue what to do or the first signs to look out for. Having someone in the room who doesn't know what they're doing isn't going to help you. Chances are, they could freak out and do the opposite.

edit, not comfortable with my story being out there.

Edit: Woops quoted myself lol.

Hey congrats all the way!!!!! 8 days is a VERY BIG HOORAY for addicts like us!!! So happy for YOU! Also i agree with the totally RUN AWAY from that black as fast as you can. Hey i started out taking vicodin for endometriosis,( female scarring in uterus) and Demerol when in hospital. Now i'm on 185 mg methadone,lol, or rather CRY OUT LOUD! I didnt try heroin until i was on methadone for a few months,lol, so very stupid..Anyways the doctors decided to give me methadone for pain control, I AT THE TIME WAS ONLY TAKING 4-5 5/500 VICODIN A DAY!! Dumb ass dr's helped me ruin part of my life. If i could do it over again, i would not have touched anything! Would have got my high by working out(past time love)..xo:! Anyhoo CONGRATS TO YOU,8 days is a big deal, dont let anyone tell you otherwise...xo

Hey congrats all the way!!!!! 8 days is a VERY BIG HOORAY for addicts like us!!! So happy for YOU! Also i agree with the totally RUN AWAY from that black as fast as you can. Hey i started out taking vicodin for endometriosis,( female scarring in uterus) and Demerol when in hospital. Now i'm on 185 mg methadone,lol, or rather CRY OUT LOUD! I didnt try heroin until i was on methadone for a few months,lol, so very stupid..Anyways the doctors decided to give me methadone for pain control, I AT THE TIME WAS ONLY TAKING 4-5 5/500 VICODIN A DAY!! Dumb ass dr's helped me ruin part of my life. If i could do it over again, i would not have touched anything! Would have got my high by working out(past time love)..xo:! Anyhoo CONGRATS TO YOU,8 days is a big deal, dont let anyone tell you otherwise...xo

Wow! Those doctors should be fucking charged, 4-5 vics a day to methdadone!?? Methadone is much more potent then hydrocodone, what were they thinking. Thanks btw! I'm trying with all my soul to stay clean. I'm really sorry that you got thrown into addiction by incompetent doctors, just remember, you are not alone, and recovery is very possible. Check out the /r/opiatesrecovery reddit for some inspiration when you are at your darkest point, it really gave me insight on my addiction and made me decide I wasn't cool with throwing away my whole life and potentially causing immense pain to my family members. Try to never feel hopeless, there are people who were once HUGE junkies, and have now been clean for decades. If you've seen the documentary Black Tar Heroin, Tracey from that documentary is 17 years sober. Check out her blog - http://traceyh415.blogspot.ca/

Anyone can recover, if you read some of the stories of when she was using on her blog, they are absolutely nuts! And now she is a happy mother of 3 with a good life. Anyone can recover, what we need is many many more FREE recovery programs, harm reduction programs, and coping with sobriety programs to turn too. There isn't enough. It's like the world swept us under the rug. And forcing an addict when caught with drugs to go to rehab, or jail, is such a retarded solution. I'm certain that once someone feels they reached there rock bottom, and only when they are truly ready to be sober and lead a new life, will rehab even work.

"I just wanna try it once", said every heroin addict ever.

This is really the only tip I can tell you. Run. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY. TURN AROUND AND RUN AWAY FROM THAT HEROIN AS FAST AS YOU FUCKING CAN MAN. You don't know hell (besides maybe benzo withdrawal) until your dependent on injecting heroin to function every single day, or else you are in for weeks of hellish withdrawals if you stop. (And then potentially months / years of PAWS and cravings) And trust me, with heroin, you don't find the needle man, the needle finds you.

Only 1% of heroin addicts recover each year.

I'm currently 8 days clean from all opiates, and most drugs besides a small dose of .5mg or 1mg etizolam to help sleep a bit at night, as they are still quite restless. Opiates were the drug that really destroyed any sense of control I had on my addiction though, they are insidious and you don't even REALIZE the addiction until it is too late, that is how they fuck with your mind. You will rationalize using more and more and more. Please don't, but I can't stop you.

Wise words.

I know you never say you'll use an IV or needle but I have met a lot of heroin/opiate addicts who once said the same thing, and that sooner or later pretty much everyone who it into heroin does IV it.

My friends that got addicted to it told me how it's basically a strong opiate/painkiller high, only it's highly addictive and very easy to overdose on.

I used to use low doses of oxy, hydro, and codeine but I never touched heroin since I saw what it did to my friends and I'm damn lucky I never got addicted to pharm opiates, and since I had a low/pretty much zero tolerance to opiates I probably would OD if I ever used heroin. Be careful and safe OP.

Read this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/704633-Should-I-Try-Heroin-MEGAThread-v-1

Or talk to people here on bluelight who are addicted to opiates before you actually decide to use heroin.

Last edited: