• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos First time clonazepam dosing

Oh my god! 0.5 mg pills lol. Sorry guys

What seems like too small an amount??

Maybe that's case we use it therapeutically.

It's more like "5.0mg" pills OH MY GOD!!

No one needs that much it's ridiculous.

I feel like people who use it like this taint the rest of us who use the drug therapeutically but it's your body so go ahead.

I don't know how you want to refer to it as, maybe half life isn't the term, but a dose of Klonopin has it's maximum efficacy for around 12 hours.

I've checked this multiple times and though it may vary and be closer to 10 or 14, it's after about 12 hours that the dose you've taken will start to feel like half.

Is this what everyone means by half life??

I asked my doctor, and this was verfied by him.

So if you are all assuming that a 1.0mg dose of Klonopin will still feel like 1mg 18-50 hours later, you are all mistaken.

Half life refers to the time it takes the body to metabolized/excrete half the dose you have taken, so after 18-50 hours you should still have 0.5mg clonazepam in your system, if your starting dose was 1mg.
The subjective effects you are feeling have nothing to do with the half life, but I think you are right with saying that the effects you are feeling drop after 10-14 hours :)

Perosnally, I was feeling my peak effects around 6 hours in. That said, I stayed up late that night, enjoyed a couple drinks, had a smoke, and despite only getting 4 hours sleep, I felt pretty good after my morning coffee and had a nice first day of school. I even got a lot of work done and didn't need any oxy for pain in till about 4 hours ago. I think I was still feeling some mild relaxation from the clonazepam into the next day, but a couple cups of coffee cured any sedation. This was a really really nice drug to use therapeutically (well, self medicating). I also got more fucked up after a couple beers and a smoke than I've been in a looong time lol. Nothing out of control though

BTW, I ended up dosing the original 0.5 at T=0, 0.3 at T+5hrs, then 0.2 at T+8.5 hours. Drank and smoked at T+12 hours, went to bed at T+15 hours. Slept like a baby for about 3.5 maybe 4 hours and had a great day surprisingly