View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time AM-2201 help

seatbelts

Greenlighter
Ok so Im no stranger to spice, I usually stick to buying it. But paying *snip NO PRICES* for 15 grams is just too expensive. So I purchased AM-2201 to hopefully mix in a little less than 2 ounces of Damiana. I have no interest in selling this, or anything like that. Im just on probation for smoking bud and love to get baked. I have been reading as much as I can find about this chemical but its still confusing. From what I gathered you cant just pour the AM in the damiana bag and mix it up, because of the possible overdose. I really want to do this right so me and my wife have a nice high and not a panic induced trip. I dont have the scale you need to weigh out on but I can buy one if necessary. would it be safe to dip a cig in it or is that a bad idea?

were both avid smokers of spice, in particular "red magic". we smoke like 3 grams a day or so? Im also prescribed oxy and lortab so i have a decent tolerance to drugs (if this makes a difference)

thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited by a moderator:
you want to weigh it for sure if you can its always safe to weigh everything, first time i over smoked am2201 was terrible as fuck, the pure stuff is so much more potent than spice to. if you dont have a scale take hits half the size of your pinkie nail untill your where you want to be. my buddy told me it was best to under smoke the stuff rather than over smoke it and i defenitly understood that 1st time i over smoked it. since you are prescribed those meds it will take a little longer for the initial effects to take place aswel. your really gonna like the pure stuff, i never liked spice cause its to weak imo but 1st time i had the powder it blew my brain inside out fuckin nicely

fuck i wish i had some am all this talk about it makes me want some lol -enjoy

am-2201 is very potent, do not eyeball your doses. You should weigh out a known amount for example 100mg (must use scale for this), dissolve in food grade acetone, use a spray bottle and spray 5 grams of damania as evenly as possible. Now let your leaves dry under a window or a fan for a few days (make sure the acetone evaporates) or so and you should have a smokeable product that has 20mg/gram of leaves. Don't take my word for it though make sure you look up some real guides written by people who regularly do this.

Half the size of your pinky nail isn't very accurate, as people have different sized pinky nails lol. If i were to smoke that much jwh-250 it'd be too much for me and I have a decent tolerance and am-2201 is more potent, so use a scale/liquid measurement or make your own 'spice'. It's just not safe to eyeball your dose, you probably won't die or anything but you don't want to get too high and panic either.

Now that you can make your own blends, do not buy those shit premade blends, they are overpriced and could contain anything.

Kleen-Strip is almost always okay. Sunnyside is less reliable. You can buy it at the hardware store, mail order is more expensive by far. It's like $5-8 in a brick and mortar store.

I've always used hardware store acetone (usually that brand), but with each new bottle (regardless of brand) you need to put a few drops on a clean plate and let it evaporate, to make sure that it evaporates cleanly. Sometimes a batch is dirty. (you should do this with every solvent batch you plan to use to process drugs).

You could go buy lab grade stuff, but it costs several times as much and is kinda hard to buy.

Also verify before using it that the sprayer you're using doesn't get dissolved by the acetone - some brands are.

Using straight damania produces harsh smoke IME. A 50-50 mix of mullien + damania smokes better; I like to throw a bit of mint leaf in there too, to improve the flavor.

id have to back up TheAzo that damiana only does produce some pretty harsh smoke.
mullien is actually a nice herb to include in a smoking blend, with or without synthetic cannabinoids. it is surprisingly smooth and has an interesting taste, along with this strange and not unpleasant feeling in your lips after the first few hits.

if it were me though, id mix up my own special herb blend. there is a store not far from my house that sells mullien, damiana, passionflower, etc. for use as herbal tea, and its actually a lot cheaper than i thought it would be (no prices but its cheap cheap).

as mentioned above a good ratio would be somewhere between 10 and 20mg per gram of herb. from what ive heard 20mg would be more potent than just about all the branded spice blends made with am2201, and would probably be too strong for someone without a decent bit of experience.

lastly ill say that im glad you are choosing to make your own spice blend with your am2201 instead of vaping the pure chemical. my brother had a serious problem with this stuff smoking the little crystals straight up. his tolerance got so high that even medical marijuana has no effect on him, and then so high that he couldnt feel even rather large doses of the AM itself. he has since quit but the stuff really did a number on his psyche.

since this is a hard reduction forum i felt it necessary to mention this little anecdote, please take my advice and do not over do it with synthetic cannabinoids. they are fun and dont seem to cause too much harm if used conservatively. it is my personal opinion that these chemicals should not replace marijuana for those who smoke pot everyday.

TL;DR - better to not just use damiana, mullien is good. try a bunch of herb combos, its fun! 10 to 20mg AM2201 per gram of herb is where you want to be. dont overuse this chemical as it can really mess with your head.

peace and love brother, be safe and have fun!

Thanks for the great advice guys. I saw something about the soak method? I wanna try a gram of AM with an ounce of mullen? I can spray i just don't want hot spots. I love the high I just don't wanna get some bad effects down the road from smoking too much, I already feel a tolerance increase as I smoked 3 grams of "red magic" and It just didn't really get me as high as it used to. Can you guys walk me through the spray and the soak method? I really don't want to mess this up and waste a gram and or mess up me and my wife from smoking it haha

the only way ive ever been told is to spray on. with a small spray bottle you should be able to distribute the chemical pretty evenly. i havent ever done this, but heres what id do. i would spray it on in 'coats' and just keep going until you have used all your liquid. put your herb on a big tray spread out in as thin of a layer as possible without any of the tray being visible and go back in forth making a series of very precise sprays until each bit of herb has been hit with spray once. repeat if necessary until all liquid has been sprayed.

So from what Im gathering is this; Take a plate, and put the am on the plate and mix acetone in it. should i fill up a spray bottle with acetone too? Because if i just use whats on the plate im sure its not going to make much spray?

Before you start: Put some acetone in the sprayer. Adjust it so it sprays well, and stand outside spraying acetone out of it for a bit. An hour later, try to use the sprayer again. Make sure that it still works - acetone will dissolve some plastics. During this phase, also figure out a reasonable amount of acetone to have to spray onto a plate of herbs. You need enough that you're not going to be wasting a bunch in the bottom of the bottle, but not so much that you're sitting all day spraying herbs and waiting for acetone to evaporate.

1) Put the planned amount of acetone in the sprayer. Put the 1g of AM-2201 in the sprayer, shake until it's dissolved.

2) Mix the herbs well, and spread them out on a plate.

3) Spray them evenly with the acetone mixture, turning the herbs over several times to get an even coat. Let them dry before continuing if the herbs end up soaking wet - you want them to be no more than evenly damp with the acetone mixture. Free liquid = pooling = hotspots, and am-2201 wasted on the plate instead of the herbs.

4) Allow the treated herbal material to dry COMPLETELY. It should not smell like acetone at all, even if you hold it right up to your nose!

* Don't do it on a damp/rainy day - water will condense on the herbs (because they'll get cold through evaporative cooling) and you'll be waiting longer for them to dry.

* I wouldn't use just mullien. Mullien tends to stick to itself, and I found it to be physically unpleasant to work with, and the smoke, while not harsh, has a rather uninspiring flavor. A bit of damania and mint (or other tasty-smelling herb) makes a much better smoking experience. Just don't use lavender flowers. It sounds like a great idea, but it tastes way the hell worse than you'd expect.

Edit:
* Damn, I'm high as fuck off of 1 hit of a 1.5% AM-2201 blend that I made. Either I had a hot spot (was a sample batch, 15mg on 1g of plant material, applied via dropping), or this is some seriously potent shit. Evidence points to the latter.
1g to 2 oz of plant material, as suggested by some, would be 1.9%; this would be serious buisiness.
You are suggesting 1g to 1oz of plant material. That will probably be too strong...

Last edited:
Thank you for that awesome post man, it really walked me through not fucking this up haha. But ya, we both have a ridiculous tolerance but if you guys think its too much, better be on the safe side. Ill do .4 on about 16 grams of damiana? I need to order more, we smoked most of what we had last time. And I have no idea if its sold in places like home depot or something like that

Thank you for that awesome post man, it really walked me through not fucking this up haha. But ya, we both have a ridiculous tolerance but if you guys think its too much, better be on the safe side. Ill do .4 on about 16 grams of damiana? I need to order more, we smoked most of what we had last time. And I have no idea if its sold in places like home depot or something like that

2.5% will be strong by my reckoning, but if you've got a large tolerance, that'd be appropriate. Smoke with care when you're done making it.

Acetone is sold at Home Despot, as are spray bottles.

lastly ill say that im glad you are choosing to make your own spice blend with your am2201 instead of vaping the pure chemical. my brother had a serious problem with this stuff smoking the little crystals straight up. his tolerance got so high that even medical marijuana has no effect on him, and then so high that he couldnt feel even rather large doses of the AM itself. he has since quit but the stuff really did a number on his psyche.
this kinda stinks of misleading bs to me. the typical "my friend did so many drugs he couldnt even get high when ____" story. I had never tried a synthetic cannabinoid in my life until I got a bit of AM-2201 a few months back. After getting high on AM-2201 for all of 1 or 2 days, a friend came over the next day and smoked a very large joint with me, and several bowls after that, of very good sensi, and I felt ALMOST nothing at all. I hadnt even done any AM-2201 yet the day that my friend smoked me all that weed. So the fact that someone supposedly became an AM-2201 junkie and then got "no effect" from "medical marijuana" is a misleading statement considering it probably only takes one or two recent encounters with AM-2201 to annihilate your sensitivity to weed (temporarily). Im not currently using AM-2201 and I get high from weed just the same as I did before I ever binged on AM-2201.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great advice guys. I saw something about the soak method? I wanna try a gram of AM with an ounce of mullen? I can spray i just don't want hot spots. I love the high I just don't wanna get some bad effects down the road from smoking too much, I already feel a tolerance increase as I smoked 3 grams of "red magic" and It just didn't really get me as high as it used to. Can you guys walk me through the spray and the soak method? I really don't want to mess this up and waste a gram and or mess up me and my wife from smoking it haha

Be careful, that could be quite a lot. I find just 1mg enough for a strong high with AM-2201. So 1000mg to an ounce would mean 1000 strong highs from one ounce. That's 28mg of weed in every smoke, which is like probably a grain of rice sized bud. If you're making a blend for the sake of smoking joints/bowls, you'd probably want to make it a bit weaker than that - otherwise why not just vape the powder? :)

First thing to do is weigh up a 1mg dose, or if your scale is not accurate enough, say 10mg into solution and mix it with a few grams of herb - find the right dose for you, and then work out the ratio of AM-2201 to leaf matter :)

Edit: I missed the date on this, doh! I hadn't heard of A-834735 until now - I'd recommend the same as what I said though, start with a sub-milligram dose, say 0.5mg, and work your way up until you find the right dose, and then work out the ratio of chemical to herb :)

Why do people smoke, when they can vape?

A quick question that totally curious's me out:

Why do folks go through the hassle and trouble to produce a combustible product that is likely to be somewhat uneveny covered, and will certainly be less healthy (combustables = carcinogenic, no two ways about it) and reliable than simply vaporizing the 'Noids themselves?

I could understand if it were for portability's sake, but if you have no need to go gallivanting about with a few pre-rolled synthetic 'Noid doobers, or aren't going to cart around a pipe and a big of suspicious looking herbal material... Why not cut to the chase and just "chase" the vapor?

Its pretty easy, just have a scale, and a pizzo.

http://anonym.to/?http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pizzo

Anyhoo, to each their own I guess.

But what I really wanted to point out is the HILARIOUS amazon.com suggestion for other purchases to accompany the acetone that seatbelts linked to!

Amazon says:

http://anonym.to/?http://www.amazon.com/Rockler-100-Pure-Acetone-Quart/dp/B001G3GSCO

Frequently Bought Together

100% Pure Acetone, Quart by Rockler + Menda 35377 Yellow Trigger Spray Bottle LDPE Low Charging ESD Safe 8 oz by MENDA + Glass Cylinder 10ml by CB $5.99

These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers.

Buy the selected items together

Seatbelts... my intuition tells me that you have found the correct solvent.

LoL

I recently got this wonderfully cheap chem, I was wondering if there is a difference to the high of smoking it rather than vaping it. I don't have a scale unfortunately but I have been putting small amounts on bud when I'm in the mood and I was wondering if its more rewarding to actually vaporize the material instead of putting a flame directly to it.

I recently got this wonderfully cheap chem, I was wondering if there is a difference to the high of smoking it rather than vaping it. I don't have a scale unfortunately but I have been putting small amounts on bud when I'm in the mood and I was wondering if its more rewarding to actually vaporize the material instead of putting a flame directly to it.

As far as I'm aware, smoking it shouldn't work - whereas vaporising it should. The reason adding it to plant matter works, despite you smoking the plant matter itself, is that it melts into an oil coating the material, and that oil is vaporised as the plant burns down - some is burnt away, aka smoked - with little/no effect, but given the potency small losses usually aren't the biggest concern to people.

Doing it the way you're doing is fine, but I'd recommend vaping it off foil for maximum effect. However, without a scale, do NOT attempt that, and do NOT just sprinkle small amounts on bud either, this is active in microgram doses, and as little as 0.5mg can be very strong for some people. It is not possible for the human eye to distinguish doses in the 0.5-2mg range, anywhere up to say 8 or 9mg could look the same depending on the consistency of that particular powder, how high the pile is etc.. If you smoked 8 or 9mg you'd probably check yourself into the psych ward, and it could even be physically dangerous at that dose unless you have substantial tolerance.

My advice if you don't have a scale is to use Liquid Measurement and dose orally (1.5-2.5x the vaped dose), or buy a blend that contains AM-2201 where someone has taken the time to spread the mixture evenly throughout the plant matter so you can safely dose without a scale :)