• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

first time adderal user

Chemically speaking, amps get you high by blocking the reuptake of dopamine in your brain.

Actually amphetamine isn't a dopamine re-uptake inhibitor. Ritalin and cocaine are.

Amphetamine works by hooking onto the dopamine protein transporter and causing increased receptor uptake(among some other effects). A way cooler mode of action versus DRI's IMO. DRI'S SUCK and make me feel like utter shit usually.

Theres no point in crushing it really, except for a little faster come up. Crushing doesn't change it into instant release, the release rate is controlled by a sodium-ion resin release system in your stomach, causing half the dose to be absorbed immidiately, then the other half about 4 hours later.

Try taking an antacid with it instead, lower stomach ph = better amphetamine absorption and bioavailability. Also, make sure your stomach is empty, fatty foods can delay absorption almost 2 hours. Eat after you feel the come-up.

-lenses

so how many tums would u recommend?

lenses, i am going to respectfully disagree with you on some of your points. (finely) crushing adderall xr makes a significant difference, not the same as taking ir, but far from leaving the xr in its original uncrushed form. if you crush a 20mg xr, in an hour you are going to feel like you're on 20mg, not 10.

i dont find empty vs full stomach makes much of a difference (far less than say with vicodin), other than trying to eat after the come-up is very difficult, and if you dont do one of the two you will feel the side effects far more, esp. on the comedown. i can certainly see how this second issue could be subjective, though i feel most people would want some food in their system before ingesting speed. idk, i know i am far more sensitive to amphs than most people.

i dont fully understand what you are saying about amphetamine's mode of action, so this is no longer disagreeing but adding to--i believe, as far as dopamine is concerned, amph enters the neuron through the dopamine transporter and causes dopamine to be released from its carriers into the cell's cytoplasm, and then the abnormally released dopamine escapes into the synapse though the transporter instead of morphing (obviously not the technical term) through the cell wall. as the transporter is running in reverse, amphetamine also inhibits dopamine's re-uptake. where as cocaine only inhibits, does not also release.