Training Log First Test Cycle Log

RedLeader

Bluelight Crew
I'm giving myself an isolated space to describe my first test cycle. Previous experience with PEDs is limited to masteron and LGD, along with the normal stuff one gets at a supplement shop.

I am going to lean bulk on this cycle, meaning a reverse diet to mirror gradual increases in training volume and chemicals. I am going to do an alternating schedule where I strength train (5x5s mostly) on big compounds on one day and then do higher rep pyramid and dropset type stuff on the next day. I normally train for powerlifting mostly but I want to build as much muscle as possible on this cycle.

I have an AI to use if needed. No SERMs or HCG planned. Weeks 13 and 14 will be minimal doses of test to ease off. I will probably run DAA the last couple weeks as well.

1-14: test E (13 and 14 being a taper)
1-6:LGD
6-12: S4
12-16: DAA

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck mate! Hope it goes well. Are you tapering up doses as well, or just running a straight amount?

^ should be DAA. Cannot edit on mobile.

Day 1:

25mg test e
5mg lgd
5g creatine
400mg royal jelly
4g Taurine
Multi and fish oil
3000 cal with 25% fat, 25% protein and 50% carbs (the protein seems low because I only weigh 140 with a fast metabolism)

High rep reverse/pyramid training on shoulders, back and legs tonigjt. Focusing on slow negatives, mind/muscle connection, good form. Will do a couple sets to failure for calves and forearms.

25mg? How often are you splitting that dose? Or is it meant to be 250?

Good luck mate! Hope it goes well. Are you tapering up doses as well, or just running a straight amount?
25mg? How often are you splitting that dose? Or is it meant to be 250?

50mg split between two doses on week 1.
75mg split between two doses on week 2.
100mg on week 3. And so on. Tapering up by 25mg each week. I think that is around 325 for week 12...Should I be more aggressive or start at a higher amount?

I mean the doses you're starting at are less than trt doses. You'd be essentially shutting yourself down and shooting yourself in the foot from my view point. Why not start at 150 split in two? Then up 25/week til you hit 325 or 350 and just sit there for a few weeks. You've already upregulated your AR receptors. You got training and diet dialed in. I don't consider you to be a noobie so I'd say maximize your first real cycle. I honestly wouldn't object if you continued to taper higher as long as side effects don't give you an issue. Maybe cap out at 400?

Okay. Yes, I think I was starting too conservative. I know CFC had me start really really conservative on my masteron taper, so I perhaps was influenced by that.

I will correct week 1 to 75 and 75 and go up to 425 over 12 weeks at steps of 25.

Thanks for the quick advice.

Well I'd let them chime in as I may be over looking things and being a bit over zealous.

Commenced it with 50mg test e and 5mg LGD.

I'm going to write my workouts down just in case anyone wants to discuss these things. I'm still learning to train for BBing.

Cable lat pulldown: 8, 10,12 (rev pyr), 6 reps of 2 second pauses and four second negatives

Single arm pulldown: 8, 10, 12
MTS front pull-down (2 arm): 8, 10, 12. One second squeezes on all reps

Smith machine behind the neck shoulder press: 8, 10, 12. Last set super'd with dumbbell shoulder press to failure
Front EZ bar raise: 8, 10, 12
Rear delt fly (on chest fly machine): 8, 10, 12. Last set super'd with bent over dumbbell raise to failure

Stiff-leg deadlift: 12, 10, 8
Leg curl machine: 8, 10, 12, set of 10 with four second negatives
Leg extension: 8, 10, 12. All reps with one second pauses.

One leg dumbbell calf raise: 20, 20
Forearm dumbbell curl: 20, 20

Tomorrow will be doing a strength day.

Personally I'd start at the lower dose. Don't think of absolute doses, but rather relative change. Therefore 100mg in week 1 is something like 150-300%(?) more than you had the week before. That's already a massive increase and more than enough to get every anabolic system ramped up to full speed.

Had some DOMS today from day 1. But it didn't feel bad.

Day 2

Barbell back squat 4x5
Barbell Incline bench 4x5
T-barbell row 4x5
Smith machine shrug 4x5
Donkey calf 12,12
One-arm lateral raise machine 12, 12

So a couple questions...

1) What dose of royal jelly should I take? I only see the product suggested around here, but no dose given. So far I am just following the bottle.

2) Is there an argument for taking protein higher than 1g/1lb on a bulking steroid cycle? In the past when reverse dieting I only manipulate carbs. But is 1.3 or 1.5 better than 1 on gear?

Had some DOMS today from day 1. But it didn't feel bad.

Day 2

Barbell back squat 4x5
Barbell Incline bench 4x5
T-barbell row 4x5
Smith machine shrug 4x5
Donkey calf 12,12
One-arm lateral raise machine 12, 12

So a couple questions...

1) What dose of royal jelly should I take? I only see the product suggested around here, but no dose given. So far I am just following the bottle.

2) Is there an argument for taking protein higher than 1g/1lb on a bulking steroid cycle? In the past when reverse dieting I only manipulate carbs. But is 1.3 or 1.5 better than 1 on gear?

Royal Jelly: 1g/day

Regards protein consumption, there are many schools of thought on the amount of protein for optimal hypertrophy 1g/lb seems adequate as long as you are getting enough carbs..

Royal Jelly: 1g/day

Regards protein consumption, there are many schools of thought on the amount of protein for optimal hypertrophy 1g/lb seems adequate as long as you are getting enough carbs..
What about ghlr3's post on the other board with his experience in high protein diets cycled? I think he went up to 3g/lb and had significant results.

What about ghlr3's post on the other board with his experience in high protein diets cycled? I think he went up to 3g/lb and had significant results.

GHLR3 is a very advanced bodybuilder on massive dose of hormones inclusive of insulin and hGH, I don't think we can use him as an example on here...

GHLR3 is a very advanced bodybuilder on massive dose of hormones inclusive of insulin and hGH, I don't think we can use him as an example on here...
Found the post, I misread the information. Basically it was for heavily hormonizied people. Though he recommended 2g/lb growing otherwise if no present kidney problems exist.

Day 3

Incline db bench 8, 10, 12
Floor cable fly 8, 10, 12 (this is my new favorite fly motion)
Db pullover 8, 10, 12

Weighted dips 10, 8, 6
Db French press 8, 10, 12
Rope pushdown (super slow reps) 8, 10, 12-6-6 dropset

Hammer db curl 8, 10, 12
Straightbar cable curl 8, 10, 12
EZ narrow grip curl 8, 10, 12 super'd with db spider curl to failure

Various ab and oblique work

I'm definitely feeling good about my plans. Last time I felt the LGD around a week in, so I'm giving it another couple days.

For anyone curious, the cycle my training partner is running is 1-16 300 test 600 eq, 1-6 dbol 30mg, 6-11 superdrol, 12-16 injectable Winny, 12-16 injectable var. It's crazy reckless, especially as a second cycle. Halfway through it he declared that he'd be blasting and crusing going forward. But damn has the guy changed the past couple months...

Day 4:

Plate-loaded hack squat 4x5
Barbell back squat 4x5
Flat barbell bench press 4x5
Rack Pull 4x5
Lots of lateral raises
Lots of forearm curls

Prepping my second injection for the morning. Felt no pip at all on the first.

I'm going through a lot of anxiety with my girlfriend, and I think we are on the verge of breaking up. I got extremely close to her two year old daughter quite fast over the past months and I'm honestly way more upset over that girl about to leave my life. I haven't ever spent much time around little kids. Never wanted them. Honestly, they've always kind of annoyed me. But this little girl and I were best buddies. The highlight of my days were getting to see the kid. I've never been through this kind of a thing before. I'm going to miss the kid so much. Sorry if this has nothing to do with PEDs, but it is a stress I am having to manage. And I haven't been sleeping that well due to late-night anxiety. So I am tired at work, which leads to more work stress because I hate dealing with the public when I am tired. I am just going to focus on training for this cycle and bettering myself to mitigate the negative emotions from the other stuff.

Sounds like a good plan man. Use the gym as an outlet. When I walk through those doors, all my shit stays outside. Everything goes into my training when I'm there. If you need anything, my number hasn't changed so shoot me a text whenever if you need anything.

How are things going mate? Still feeling motivated?

Today is day 10. I'm on point with the diet, training and PEDs. As I briefly mentioned in the other thread, I'm still struggling with all of the negative thoughts and emotions associated with my recent breakup. Time heals, I just need more of it. I felt extremely angry last night and today, and I think it is partially explainable by the placebo effect of rising testosterone correlating with anger (meaning it's not really happening. It is still too early.) But these emotions have negatively affected my rest/sleep/recovery. So that is the weak link I need to improve.

I'm still alternating between strength and hypertrophy days. I had an extremely strong workout last night, and then today was one of those workouts where I really am able to embrace the physical pain. The strength may be the LGD (my last LGD cycle had really strong weeks 2 and 3), or it may just be how the variables all lined up. I'm also getting the same wrist and forearm pain that I got last time with LGD (and seems popular anicdotally online). Other than that, nothing beyond likely placebo effects (anger, libido, etc).

I'm really trying to add thickness to my legs this cycle. So I am doing back squats and plate-loaded hack squats for sets of five, each twice per week. Trying to go up 2.5lbs each time, so 5lbs per week. What I did was take about 80% of my five rep max as the starting point, and have the intention of going up 60lbs over the cycle. On day 1, I could probably squat 255 for one set of five, so I used 205lbs as the first 5x5 weight. Then 207.5. 210. And so on. This would end it at 265lbs for five sets of five, which may actually allow me to get 315x1.

I'm using this type of progression setup for everything I do on my strength days.

But anyway, back to legs... On my hypertrophy days I am doing stuff-leg deads, leg extension, barbell hip thrust, leg curls (vertical and horizontal machines), 45 degree leg press and dumbbell walking lunges. Any other ideas?

I had a really strong workout last night and then again today I felt good in there. I'm feeling slightly impatient, as I really want to notice the test working.