• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First plug... WOW...

HopelessAddict

Greenlighter
I've been an addict for a long time now, and snorting pills hasn't been doing it for me as of late. I can easily break up 2 24mg Hydromorph Contin and get a decent buzz, but since I'm only prescribed 3 24mg/day (Due to a serious work related injury, where I had my leg and pelvis crushed, then splashed with molten lead, recieving 3rd degree burns over my whole left leg from the transfer Kettle that crushed me. This is how I got hooked on opiates) and orally they do nothing for me, so I end up snorting, and running out about 10 days early.

I had been seriously considering IV because of this, hoping a smaller dose would help me better manage pain, as well as giving me that rush I find so hard to get anymore. In the end, due to not knowing how to do it myself, not being able to hit a vein (I tried, to no avail), and not having anyone to show me how to do it properly (video is fine, but it can't find my veins for me) I decided to go another route.

I had never heard of plugging before I came to these boards, but tonight I decided to try it. After reading up on it, I crushed up a capsule into a fine, fine powder and made two ~12mg doses. After much trepidation and fear, I was able to insert my first plug (seriously, I found it easier to put a pin through my skin), and inject it. I laid back for 15 minutes, and started to get that rush I always seem to be chasing. I was pleasantly surprised, i got a decent buzz off of the 12mg, so I plugged the other 12mg.

Wow, I don't know if its because its my first time doing drugs rectally, or if its normally this much better than sniffing, but it is the best buzz I have had in a very long time. The only thing I missed was the nasal drip, feeling the pills slowly drip down the back of my throat. To me this is as addictive as the buzz, because even though I was enjoying the buzz immensely, I crushed up a second pill and and snorted it.

The combination of the two is absolutely amazing. I am sitting through the best buzz I have had since the first time the hospital shot me up with dilaudid back in '09 after my accident. Now I just have to get over craving the drip, because I now know there is a better buzz out there than sniffing.

Do yourself a huge favor and never ever try to IV again. Once you learn how to, there is no turning back and the chance of your addiction killing you increases 10 fold and the less needed excuse is pointless because your tolerance will just get jacked up. I'm happy you tried plugging and had a good experience, it's much less harmful then injecting. Plugging is the next best thing.

Do yourself a huge favor and never ever try to IV again. Once you learn how to, there is no turning back and the chance of your addiction killing you increases 10 fold and the less needed excuse is pointless because your tolerance will just get jacked up. I'm happy you tried plugging and had a good experience, it's much less harmful then injecting. Plugging is the next best thing.

I've never plugged or IV'd anything and don't want to, and I never got into snorting drugs as I only did that once with 15mg of Ritalin. But I know people who are into meth or opiates and they said how they'd had used all ROAs including IV, and said that plugging gave them a surprisingly strong high.

Yeah my first plug was 20mg Adderall. Been doing them for years and years and have hit that spot where the amph's just dont give me that jazzy rush and euphoria.

After like 10-15 minutes of waiting my heart rate started increasing and my body got real hot i started to sweat and I started breathing rapidly and I started to feel like when i first was using amps. I got so hot and my skin started getting itchy and red and I was just gacked out hardcore.

The reason for all of this is the BA (bioavailability-the amount of the drug absorbed) is higher than oral and snorted. IME there is an order of BA based on the route of administration. Not always but most of the time oral has low bioavailability. But that is not true for all substances. Benzodiazepines for example are way more effective and are absorbed better when taken orally. But for me when it comes to opiates the order is this, oral<insufflated<smoked<rectal<IM injection<IV injection. Like i said this is very general and totally depends on what the drug is.

Last edited:
I never plugged or iv'd, but is plugging as strong as IV?

Like 10mgs of Opana plugged vs 10mgs of Opana IV.......

Plugging is up there but does not surpass IV. IV is 100% BA pretty much.

Plugging is about as potent as insufflating - both avoid first-pass metabolism (liver). However, since snorting is not fully effective usually (depends on the technique, but the drip ends as oral dose), plugging can be stronger.

Hydromorphone has a super short duration of effect and half life (2-3). Get opana/Oxymorphone as it's effect last a long time even in IR form as the half life is 7-9 hours. It's a much better compound and there is also an ER form of the medication. Just make sure to get the global parm or activa generics of the ER. it's much better iv imo