• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

First LSD Trip Since Traumatic Trip 6 Years Ago !!

Cudi

Bluelighter
In 2014 i had a traumatic experience with LSD. I've got a thread for it way back somewhere, super long. You probably don't need to read unless you want to know why it traumatized me for over a year. I was too young, took too much, smoked pot at the peak, was around the wrong people in wrong environment. Well the other night I rolled off about 140mg of MDMA and was coming down around 4am-ish. Thats when I randomly decided to take a 105ug tab and face this demon that's been lingering in the back of my mind for almost 6 years.

In hindsight, taking acid at the end of a night of rolling was very risky and i still don't know why i did it. It was almost like I had no choice, my mind was like "Now is the time bucko, sack up or get fucked". But it was incredible. Did it all alone, starting in my room and then trekking outside for some time and finding a nice shady spot in a mini field sort of land piece. I think it could have been more incredible if I was well rested and didn't just come down off MDMA. Not going to go in depth about my trip, just know it was calm and beautiful and that facing your fears is a good thing! This post is not to encourage people to trip again after having a bad trip, but just to show that there IS hope and not every trip after a bad one is going to be bad again. Be PATIENT. I waited 6 years and it was well worth the wait. That was the only other time I did it. Never thought I'd do it again, swore to myself I wouldn't (Out of fear). I'm here to tell you there's nothing to fear but fear itself. Cliche but true.

What's everyone's thoughts on tripping immediately after an MDMA roll? Was this a bad idea (I think I already know the answer) and I lucked out to have a good experience? I wish I hadn't rolled because after my trip, I was left with a less pronounced afterglow than I think would've got had I not taken the MDMA and had actually slept before tripping. Also a pesky MDMA hangover headache/comedown lingered after my trip ://// And it may have reduced the LSD's effects both visually and cognitively during my trip, although I did have very cool visuals. Like it could have been more euphoric possibly. I don't know, oh well. Just glad I had a good time ! :giggle:

P.S. - I am also on a medically advised benzo taper right now (clonazepam) and was on 1mg during the trip. I had some nice insights about my drug abuse and mistakes I've made, and how to progress going forward.

Its good to see people resolving their bad trip and coming back to LSD and leaving it on a good note and remembering the beauty of the good side of it instead of the fears from the dark side. Every dark trip i had i would take a small time back and get back into it sometimes it was rough but one of my most amazing trips of my life was the trip after one of the darkest trips i ever had it was so amazing it made me realize going through dark and tough times was worth it to just experience a trip so amazing.

Yeah its quite rough to trip on a mdma comedown and can wear you out and make it harder to feel more europhic.

For myself i found that mixing weed with LSD has nearly 100% of the time been the cause for my horror trips yet i still sometimes will hit alot of weed on acid and push myself far out there to then face the backlash as the ego resists.

Ive had similar experiences, getting spooked from tripping and having to get my nerve back up. It did take a couple years to resolve everything, but it was resolved.

My biggest take away from the over all experience is: it wasn't LSD's fault that I had that bad time. It was my own.

Glad your back with lucy OP!