• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants First exposure to Methamphetamine

sighelence

Greenlighter
About three weeks ago I had my first and only run-in with crystal meth, and the effects were surprising to say the least. It was a Wednesday night, so I had been at school all day. Between 7:30am and 9:15am I had taken about 100mg of amphetamine salts (Adderall XR) as well as 3.33mg--about 1 and 2/3 bar--of alprazolam (Xanax). The day progressed normally, but I ended up staying with a friend of mine, call him A, that night. I smoked a few dabs, took a 30mg vyvanse pill, and was feeling surprisingly well for someone coming down from Adderall. At some point during the night, we ended up meeting with another friend, call him B, and were looking for MDMA; however, as the night progressed we realized we had started our search too late and our main guy was out of town. B then suggests that he could probably find some "ice" for us. A and I had never done it, but we were down to try anything. Once getting the drug, we made an aluminum foil bowl and used an unscrewed pin to inhale the smoke. We also snorted a few lines throughout the night. I was a very experienced Amphetamine user, and even though I knew the effects would differ, I assumed it would be much like Adderall multiplied greatly. Also, given the image that I normally had about meth addicts, I honestly expected the drug to feel very jittery, energizing, and confusing (among other things).

The drug was very different than expected. It actually seemed to make me calm. I was very awake of course, but instead of racing thoughts and jittery actions, I just felt aware. My mind was a calm river with no ripples or waves. I could process any thought in nanoseconds. This differed from Adderall in that when on Amphetamine, I can hardly stop one thought from bumping into another and spilling out of my mouth. Methamphetamine simply seemed to make me hyper-conscious. And although the euphoria was very great, It was comparable to that of Adderall (so not incredibly much better). Besides these mental effects, I also stayed up effortlessly for > 50 hours. In fact, when trying to go to bed the next day after not sleeping Wednesday night, it was very difficult.

My question then is simply about the expected effects of Methamphetamine. Is it normal to feel pretty mentally calm? Should it cause more euphoria? Did the other drugs possible alter the effects? Any story or response would help as it also would help me decide if I would want to try it again. I really want to experience the high at least once, but if thats as good as it gets, I'll stick to Amphetamines.

*Also, I am sure this was Methamphetamine as I was drug tested not long after and failed with levels of 91,565 ng/mL of Methamphetamine :eek:.

Thanks

Last edited:
This is in no way a complete answer. Different forms of amphetamine effect people differently. You mentioned you used Adderall earlier in the day, almost ate a whole bar of Xanax, smoked some dabs, then Vyvanse (more of a head stimulant), then took (I don't know the millagram dose) of methamphetamine.

The fact that you were using amphetamines all day, probably depleted some of those feel good chemicals on top of you having a nice tolerance to amphetamines in general.

The fact that you had dabs and Xanax in your system helped smooth out your experience.

Your experience completely makes sense. Calm, clarity and relaxed. This is why, in medicinal dosages, it is prescribed for ADD.

Some of the other drugs in your system (dabs, Xanax ) could have effected your meth euphoria.

This however will not last if repeated on a regular basis.
Im glad you have had a nice experience, but if you want the positive experience to last, stick with pharmacutical amphetamine, use responsibly and maintain your health through eating great hydration and vitamins.

If you use methamphetamine, more then once in a while, you can slip into a negative cycle.

All the positives can remain consistant, if you use your head and use sparingly.

I'm glad your experience was good.

You seem to have enough going on with amphetamines. You do not need meth IMO. With amphetamines, it is all about balance.

Another problem with meth, is its quality control.

Dexedrine is a nice, smooth amphetamine. I'd use the Dexedrine. If used correctly, you can feel great, have a nice clear, quick thinking mind and you will not get ruined by meth.

Last edited:
Depression & Tolerance

Hello All,

This is my first post in this site and first post ever in any kind of thread or website. Thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to read this and offer their advice.

I am a 24 year old female and I am in my sixth year of college for my bachelors degree. It's taken me six hard years to finally get my shit together enough to be in my final semester of college. I am expected to graduate in December if I can get a handle on my life enough to finish my current classes. I was prescribed adderall 40mg XR by my family doctor after asking for it because everyone on campus was taking it to focus on school work and I wanted to try it but was to afraid to buy drugs. In high school I made great grades and graduated at the top of my class. When I started college I completely lost all drive and focus. Maybe it was the freedom I all of a sudden had. I didn't have to go to class like I did in high school so I didn't. I lost my scholarships then transferred schools closer back to home. I eventually failed out and had to go to the community college. I finally got my associates degree and then went back to the University to finish my bachelors.

When my doctor prescribed me the adderall it was like everything made sense. It was clear I was struggling with ADHD. I started focusing harder. Things I was learning in class was starting to be so much clearer and I was actually learning the course information and remembering it all. Remembering and retaining the information has always been an issue I've struggled with making test and exams an unpleasant experience. Adderall had solved my problems. I was taking the medicine on school days that I needed to focus. Sometimes every other day and sometimes once a week. (I need to add, adderall made me grind my teeth like a meth addict and made me very feel very embarrassed.)

After a year and a half of taking the Adderall I grew tolerant to it and it wasn't working anymore. I started falling behind again in school and failed more classes. One day a fellow ADHD friend and college student told me about vyvanse and offered to let me try one of hers to see if it helped. She had also been prescribed adderall then made the switch to vyvanse. I tried one of hers and it was amazing! I was more focused and motivated than adderall had ever made me feel! I talked with my doctor and we made the switch to vyvanse 70 Mg. XR. Everything was so much better! My grades were great and I was going to class and was motivated in life as a whole.

This July I took a required organic chemistry summer course so I could graduate this December. I am not book smart and science is my worst subject (I'm a business major). It was everything I could do to get through the course and I barely did. I passed with a grade that was two points above the cut off. But I passed and that's all that matters to me. The class met every day and we had an exam every Friday. We covered 5 chapters each week. I was taking my vyvanse everyday because of the course load. I started noticing a huge tolerance build up by the end of July.

My Fall semester started in August and it's currently November. It's everything I can do to just make myself go to class. Allot of times I don't go. My tolerance has built up to the Vyvanse 70 mg XR. I am extremely unmotivated to do anything at all. It's almost as I'm depressed. I sleep all the time and can't even motivate myself to do housework chores like dishes or laundry. I can't get myself to study or do the online assignments or quizzes for my online class. If I don't pass these last 5 class and get an overall GPA of a 2.0 I won't graduate and will have to retake classes in the spring semester. I want so badly to finally graduate in December and to get a big girl career job I really do, but I don't have the drive to even get out of bed sometimes. My relationship is struggling and my sex drive is nonexistent.

My main focus is to just get through this semester then go from there!

I need suggestions on how to make the vyvanse work again?! Should I ask my doctor for Adderall and vyvanse so I can alternate? I had tried and tried to research this and there is so many people saying so many different things. What is DXM? Will it help? What about chelated magnesium? I know what this is and that some people say it reduces the tolerance build up. But how do you take it? How many Mg and morning or night? I have a two month trial back of namenda (memantine) that a friend that works at a doctors office got for me from the free sample stash. I have read lots of people say this works but no one says how many Mg and what time of day to take it. Please someone give me some advice!

The very last thing I want to do it build up any type of addiction! I am not a drug user whatsoever! I only take birth control and vyvanse. I only take medicine that is prescribed by my doctor and not for recreational purposes! This is one of the reasons I am afraid to tell all of this to my doctor and seek her advice. My town is a very small rural town and prescription pills are a huge problem here. I would say half the population in my town has been or is addicted to prescription pills/street drugs. I don't want her to think I'm just another pill head trying to get more drugs. My parents don't think ADHD is a real thing and that I shouldn't take any medicine at all. I do casually drink with friends but am no where near an alcoholic. I would say I drink maybe once every two weeks if that. I do smoke cigarettes, probably a pack every other day.

Please someone help me or steer me in the right direction to find a solution!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probobally not a good idea to use hundreds of mgs of amphetamine in a day with 3.5 mg Xanax alongside to avoid side effects at epic doses.

Methamphetamine is a more potent stimulant of the Central Nervous System than is Amphetamine. Say we have a continuum of stimulants. On one end of this spectrum we have stimulants with the most Peripheral Nervous System stimulation in relation to CNS stimulation. On this end you would probably place a drug like Caffeine or Ephedrine. These drugs cause a lot of symptoms like Tachycardia, Hypertension, Jitters etc. with only a minimal level of mental stimulation.

Along this spectrum you'll encounter other weak stimulants like Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta), which is gonna fall more or less directly between Methamphetamine and Caffeine. There is substantial CNS stimulation, but still a considerable amount of PNS stimulation which makes Methylphenidate significantly less popular than the Amphetamines. Eventually, you'll come to the aforementioned Amphetamines. These are powerful stimulants of the Central Nervous System, but even Amphetamines cause a certain degree of PNS stimulation.

Methamphetamine, especially is Dextro- isomer is going to present essentially the pinnacle ratio of CNS:pNS stimulation. It's my belief and that of others that the PNS stimulation that one gets from mixed Amphetamine salts like Adderall is due mainly to the Levo- isomer, which provides only minimal CNS stimulation but provokes the PNS heavily. This can cause stress, anxiety and the trademark "tweaked" feeling. It's not surprising that you feel clear-headed and unscattered. This is how most people feel on Methamphetamine when they start and is part of what contributes to its addictive nature.

As one continues using, loses sleep, destroys neurons and becomes malnourished, their condition begins to deteriorate rapidly.

Methamphetamine is a more potent stimulant of the Central Nervous System than is Amphetamine. Say we have a continuum of stimulants. On one end of this spectrum we have stimulants with the most Peripheral Nervous System stimulation in relation to CNS stimulation. On this end you would probably place a drug like Caffeine or Ephedrine. These drugs cause a lot of symptoms like Tachycardia, Hypertension, Jitters etc. with only a minimal level of mental stimulation.

Along this spectrum you'll encounter other weak stimulants like Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta), which is gonna fall more or less directly between Methamphetamine and Caffeine. There is substantial CNS stimulation, but still a considerable amount of PNS stimulation which makes Methylphenidate significantly less popular than the Amphetamines. Eventually, you'll come to the aforementioned Amphetamines. These are powerful stimulants of the Central Nervous System, but even Amphetamines cause a certain degree of PNS stimulation.

Methamphetamine, especially is Dextro- isomer is going to present essentially the pinnacle ratio of CNS:pNS stimulation. It's my belief and that of others that the PNS stimulation that one gets from mixed Amphetamine salts like Adderall is due mainly to the Levo- isomer, which provides only minimal CNS stimulation but provokes the PNS heavily. This can cause stress, anxiety and the trademark "tweaked" feeling. It's not surprising that you feel clear-headed and unscattered. This is how most people feel on Methamphetamine when they start and is part of what contributes to its addictive nature.

As one continues using, loses sleep, destroys neurons and becomes malnourished, their condition begins to deteriorate rapidly.

Yeah it comes down to even pure Dextro amphetamine requires more of your own real life input to create/use the feeling.

Methamphetamine is strong enough CNS weak enough PNS to literally have a whole awakened day playing out.

You also hallucinate on Extra Meth but panic and go OCD mode on Too much Dexedrine, because the less PNS effects you have the more in tune and artificially serious you'll take the fake perception. The no PNS effects and Serotonin boost difference makes it easier to get sucked into.

Regular amphetamine depends majorly on your physical and mental health to feel good.

Last edited:
OP, you're discovering that the lies you've been fed your whole life about meth aren't true. But it is one of the most powerful, and addictive, substances on the planet.

The strength of the effect it has on your body and mind is just as strong as heroin IMO, just very different effects. Heroin is just much worse when it comes to the addiction factor.

I believe the purer, and Cleaner the meth is, that yes it is calming in a.stimulating kind of way. The joy of meth.

I too find meth to be a very clean stimulating high, until the comedown hits at least, then I'm a bit twitchy and restless