View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First DMT trip... Did I pass out?

Delusional Thomas

Bluelighter
So I finally tried DMT for the first time last week. I suppose this could fit into the Trip Report category (mods please move it if you agree), but I'm more interested in discussing my experience to find out if anybody has ever had the same thing happen to them.

To begin, I was super sleep deprived this night. Only 4 hours of sleep and 12 hours at work. I didn't take any other substances that day besides coffee and an energy drink between noon and 2 PM. And I'm a daily cigarette smoker which I doubt makes any difference.

Then I finally obtained some DMT. My original plan was to try it on a well rested, well fed, low stress level kind of day like Saturday or Sunday when I'm off work. Well, it was a Thursday night and I finally got the substance I've been obsessing over and researching since the Spirit Molecule documentary. So I decided to do it right then and there around Midnight. I cleared the space around me, cut off the lights and put on some relaxing music.

I loaded some ash in the bottom of a bowl and weighed out smaller amounts of the of the substance because I wanted to take baby steps. First bowl had about .02-.03g (I really need to get an mg scale) with a little bit of tobacco sprinkled in it.

I gently lit the tobacco on top and took slow puffs until it melted the crystal and held in the smoke. I felt super heavy and mildly retarded. But nothing crazy. I then realized there was still DMT left in the bowl. So I took another gentle hit. Same effect, slightly stronger.

I did this a couple times and felt like I was just wasting it, so I just said fuck it and loaded .05g sprinkled with tobacco and sparked it up. This time I made sure all the tobacco was ignited and took a big ass pull. Inhaling at least 90% of the contents of the bowl (noticed a little untouched powder leftover afterwards.)

As I was holding in the smoke, I went to put the bowl down and the high pitched grinding was already beginning and rainbow colors start flashing. I closed my eyes and saw 2 spiraling circles with the most beautiful colors and shapes spinning inside of them. As the pitch got higher/louder, the circles spun faster. I then saw what appeared to be the silhouette of 2 people sitting cross legged slightly facing each other made up completely of the same shapes and colors I was already seeing. They appeared to be a perfect mirrored image (or outline) of each other. When I swayed my head back and forth, they moved with me. Seemingly dancing back and forth to the music (that I could barely even hear anymore) that was still playing. All I could do was laugh hysterically at what I was experiencing.

Then... I woke up. Or I think I woke up? I just remember everything was black and my eyes slowly started to regain their sight. I was so confused. For a moment, I literally didn't know where I was, or who I was. Or WHAT I was. Eventually I remembered and told myself "Oh yeah, I'm a human being in my house on my couch." And I was genuinely excited to learn this fun new fact about myself lol My sight was still a little blurry but I was able to consciously reflect and remind myself that I just consumed a drug, and it was insane. And that I'm clearly ok. About 10-15 minutes later, I felt completely normal again.

Now my question is... did I pass the fuck out?! I know none of you were there to confirm it and I did it alone so nobody else can confirm. But I always hear about peoples visual and exploratory experiences lasting for up to 10 minutes. From what I can recall, it was maybe just one minute of mind blowing visuals, then darkness and what seemed to be me regaining consciousness. I've been told it's sometimes hard to remember all the details of these experiences and the whole "I'm not a human" feeling sounds pretty standard. But the shortness of the effects experienced and the feeling of waking up instead of "coming down" makes me wonder what really happened.

I really was hoping to explore the DMT world further, but it definitely feels like it was cut short. I'm just wondering if being sleep deprived and being taken off guard so suddenly by such an intense experience maybe knocked me out? Has this happened to anybody else? Maybe I took too much? I plan to try again next weekend under more rested and mindful conditions.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. Open to read any advice, speculation or experiences.

Sounds to me like you passed out. I've heard of people doing this.
I've been lucky enough to experience dmt a few times and it was never like that. I didn't smoke quite as much though. 500mg is a big hit lol.
I'd say a different method with 200-300mg again when you're rested up ?

Sounds to me like you passed out. I've heard of people doing this.
I've been lucky enough to experience dmt a few times and it was never like that. I didn't smoke quite as much though. 500mg is a big hit lol.
I'd say a different method with 200-300mg again when you're rested up ?

Thank you for your reply!

I thought .05g was only 50mg. I think i should definitely try less next time though. When I took my first test hits, I wasn't consuming it all. I was taking baby tokes like a pussy lol I think I need to load up less but still smoke it all in one hit.

Aside from being sleep deprived, I also wasn't in the greatest state of mind at the time. Which I know is a no no when it comes to psychs and I usually respect that rule. So maybe I got lucky for not diving any deeper lol

I thought .05g was only 50mg

My bad, I misread it as 0.5g!
First time I tried it I did similar doses to you but didn't black out. I had 75mg and did about 20mg to try it out then did the rest and tripped nicely but didn't breakthrough.
Other times I had a gram and was doing 100/150/200mg hits! Was mad.

Yeah, that sounds insane! I know I definitely wasn't prepared for my dose. None of the research I did mattered when I blasted off lol I don't think there's anyway to be prepared for that when it's your first time. My brain probably just couldn't handle it and blew a fuse ?

You didn't pass out it was ego death obliterating you so cant recall any memory or remember who you were but still not a breakthrough. What you sohuld of done is have somebody with you and taken another huge hit while the noise was happening

You didn't pass out it was ego death obliterating you so cant recall any memory or remember who you were but still not a breakthrough. What you sohuld of done is have somebody with you and taken another huge hit while the noise was happening
Ego death was definitely a thought. Because it felt like I was resurrected from actual death and born again lol I was just confused because I've never heard anybody describe their DMT trip the way I experienced it.

I may have to try it the way you suggested. I still want to make sure I'm a little more well rested though. I was already delusional before I even started. ?

Hey Delusional,

First off congrats on acquiring DMT!

It sounds to me like you smoked too much and blacked out, which is pretty common when vaping higher amounts. The amnesia usually experienced from breakthrough doses is usually due to sensory overload, where you see so much in such a short period that there’s just no way to bring it all back with you. Having a full on blackout is a pretty sure sign you smoked too much.

For me anywhere from 30-35mg is plenty to breakthrough, and 45mg+ is where the blackouts start to creep in. DMT is one of the few drugs that benefits massively from a $20 scale to have a good idea on dosage. The more you smoke DMT the more you’ll see that smoking just enough for a breakthrough is the most desirable dose. Everyone will be different in how much that DMT that is. The last time I did it 3 of us broke through on ~35mg while one buddy needed ~80-85mg to get to the same.

If you find yourself blacking out drop the dose by 10% or so for next time. No one will need to explain it to you when you’ve got the dose right - you’ll get “there” almost instantaneously but will be able to watch the DMT world dissolve as the drug wears off rather than “coming to”.

Hope that helps and enjoy that precious stash!

I find the ringing noise most users hear to be absolutely fascinating, and you described it here ONCE MORE! Theres something to this.

Hey Delusional,

It sounds to me like you smoked too much and blacked out, which is pretty common when vaping higher amounts. The amnesia usually experienced from breakthrough doses is usually due to sensory overload, where you see so much in such a short period that there’s just no way to bring it all back with you. Having a full on blackout is a pretty sure sign you smoked too much.

For me anywhere from 30-35mg is plenty to breakthrough, and 45mg+ is where the blackouts start to creep in. DMT is one of the few drugs that benefits massively from a $20 scale to have a good idea on dosage. The more you smoke DMT the more you’ll see that smoking just enough for a breakthrough is the most desirable dose. Everyone will be different in how much that DMT that is. The last time I did it 3 of us broke through on ~35mg while one buddy needed ~80-85mg to get to the same.

If you find yourself blacking out drop the dose by 10% or so for next time. No one will need to explain it to you when you’ve got the dose right - you’ll get “there” almost instantaneously but will be able to watch the DMT world dissolve as the drug wears off rather than “coming to”.

Was about to reply to this thread but no point now as MescaliCAN has said pretty much exactly what I was gonna say

Vaping dmt has a knack to it that takes a bit of mastering. 40-45mg has me in breakthrough territory every time (although it's been a few years now...)

Hey Delusional,

Very insightful and helpful! I knew it was it powerful substance, but I definitely still underestimated it for sure. When I was loading up .02 and .03 I was taking slow pulls and not finishing it all. Jumping to .05 and inhaling it all in one hit was probably overdoing it lol I'll definitely be investing in a better scale. Mine measures into the hundreths, but it's still not good for such small amounts. I sprinkle it on the scale slowly and the weight doesn't even move at first. Then it will suddenly jump to like .06. So any weight I measured could have been off by 10-20mg. Thank you for your reply though! I will definitely start smaller next time.

I find the ringing noise most users hear to be absolutely fascinating, and you described it here ONCE MORE! Theres something to this.

Yes! Such a beautiful sound lol I've heard people describe it and try to mimic it, but nothing compares to actually experiencing it. It's like the engine of some kind of cosmic hyper car constantly increasing in speed as it propels you to the center of the universe lol

Was about to reply to this thread but no point now as MescaliCAN has said pretty much exactly what I was gonna say

Vaping dmt has a knack to it that takes a bit of mastering. 40-45mg has me in breakthrough territory every time (although it's been a few years now...)

Hey, any advice is helpful! Even if you're just echoing the last person. I definitely need to get the proper dosage figured out. I'll be getting the proper scale soon too. Using my weed scale is definitely not the answer lol

this a noise that all natural tryptamines can produce i have it heard on shrooms aswell its fucking intense insane and crazy then you get launched through other realms

You didn't pass out, Ego death. Experienced it once before on changa and it was the exact way you described. It's the sensation of being born again.

Yeah .. sounds like a high dose. I remember smoking it and as the trip hit so hard and fast I kept pulling myself out of it (a sort of anxiety reaction) so I wasn't experiencing anything except my living room even at doses of 40-50mg. it was working fine on my trip companion .. so I took 100mg .. and everything went white (that's all I remember) and then it was a minute later. The person I was doing it with said it looked like I passed out.

I found doing small consecutive doses worked much much better.

Never heard the ringing noise though .. maybe on total ego death type 10 tabs of acid trip but I'm too busy rolling around in an egoless void to notice. Damn .. I'm missing out!

And man .. refining it from that amazonian bark (I forget which) was total kitchen chemistry fun .. and the leftover limonene was so good for cleaning the sink it was unreal!

I have actually fallen asleep mid trip before... Often times I’ll use DMT on a day after a festival when my serotonin system had taken a hit from all the MDxx. Usually I fall asleep not long after the trip.

One experience though I remember taking the hit, maybe light visual/come up, then it’s morning and I realize I’d slept 8hrs nonstop, my DMT pipe still resting perfectly on my chest where I set it after I smoke.

I’ve also heard of blackouts from too high of doses. So it’s not entirely unheard of.

-GC

MANY trips later and I think it's pretty safe to say I passed out.

I've had some amazing experiences since then. And some pretty aggressive/scary ones. But only the one time I completely blacked out and woke up. Every other trip lasted much longer. And I always seem to slowly drift back to reality, rather than a few moments of intensity then waking up forgetting what a human being is lol Can't argue against ego death there...

Being well rested and using a proper scale for accurate doses has made a world of difference. Except now I'm sad because I'm out of DMT :cry: For now...!

Great to hear man sounds like you got it down 👍👍

If you’re ready for the next level of DMT, acquire some harmalas to extend the trip and slow it down for a much more immersive experience. You can either create some enhanced leaf (known as changa, which is DMT and harmalas vaped together) or you can take the harmalas orally 30-45 minutes before blastoff. Most people who’ve tried freebase and changa never go back to freebase again. Not that there’s anything wrong with freebase but I highly recommend giving changa a shot!

If you do go the changa route, just remember that it will extend the duration by roughly 2x and you’ll typically need 1/2 to 2/3 the amount of spice for a breakthrough experience, which will help extend your spice stash out noticeably.

Safe travels,

If you’re ready for the next level of DMT, acquire some harmalas to extend the trip and slow it down for a much more immersive experience. You can either create some enhanced leaf (known as changa, which is DMT and harmalas vaped together) or you can take the harmalas orally 30-45 minutes before blastoff. Most people who’ve tried freebase and changa never go back to freebase again. Not that there’s anything wrong with freebase but I highly recommend giving changa a shot!

If you do go the changa route, just remember that it will extend the duration by roughly 2x and you’ll typically need 1/2 to 2/3 the amount of spice for a breakthrough experience, which will help extend your spice stash out noticeably.

Safe travels,

I'll definitely keep this in mind! I almost acquired some pre-made changa but I had no idea what the DMT content was in it, so I passed on it. I may just have to get both and mix it myself. I've heard nothing but great things about this method. And the idea of longer experiences with less spice makes my frugal heart happy lol

Safe travels,

I had some white fluff freebase recently and it was probably one of the most intense trips yet and I've had high concentration changa before.

The changa was more of a learning experience and the white fluff shot me into another plane of existence to meet with these entities made of white energy.

Sounds like you had fun.

It's a strange deal when doing it of course.

Did you pass out? Know one will ever know.

But if you're that concerned about it and you have access to a trip sitter employ them.