• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

First Dates - Do's and Dont's - How do you think you went?

Best date [or outing with a person you genuinely want to get to know better] is something that gives you variety..
Who wants to spend a whole night doing the same thing?

Also doesn't give you much of a chance to shine and impress them.
Or even have fun for that matter, which is what dating is all about. ;)

I suggest breaking thing's up a lot.
Do some walking.
Do some driving.
Go to a few places..
And do a few varied activities.

Suss out their comfort zones as well [very important] as you want them to respond well and help the date along too. :)

I second that motion, DON'T goto the movies.

If you are taking someone out on a date presumably its because you want to get to know them better, how the hell are you going to do that sitting in a dark room staring at a screen for 2hrs?

:DO's:
- ask them questions about themself (but don't make it like an interview)
- take every response as a springboard to a further question/topic of discussion
- keep conversation fun and light hearted
- SMILE
- take them somewhere interesting (activities are good, e.g. putt putt, the markets etc)
- do a daytime date, less pressure and you can get a better impression of the person outside of the effects of alcohol or some other substance...
- EXCEPT CAFFEINE! Coffee dates are your friend, remember caffeine will make you talk more, this is a good thing
- keep an eye out for body language/rapport to gauge where you stand

:DON'TS:
- goto the movies
- go out to dinner (not on a first date anyway, too much pressure)
- talk about yourself too much
- brag or try to impress them
- talk about religion, politics or world conflict (these are NO FUN - and 1st dates should be fun)

Thats about all i can think of.

Adikkal

So for those who don't go on dates, what do you people do for your "first encounters?"

Cos if I meet a girl, and I ask her if she wants to do something sometime, It'll probably involve pool, movie, food or even a concert. DOesn't that count as a "date?"

I'm pretty sure it's just a terminology thing.

I've only had a handful of confirmed actual 'dates' - the rest have been 'just having coffee' or dinner or something..

Some good suggestions here! When I find my next victim, I'll have plenty of ideas! :D

^^^hehehehe
I want a victim too !

Any takers ??

I cant seem to find decent guys in this town !!!

I feel a singles thread coming on !

^^^^ fuck no!

anything but a singles thread!!!!!!

muzby gets on hands and knees to mods to shoot down in flames any threat of a singles thread.....

hey.. i gots a singles thread for ya..... www.rsvp.com.au ;)

but no singles thread! damn that last one took aaages to die!!

No RSVP for me ...

I already have my next first date lined up ...

It's going to take place on 1 June 2004 ;)

doofqueen said:
I do! I have been on lots of dates! I love them =D although they can be a bit awkward at times...

hey sylvia. can i take you out to dinner sometime :)?

HAHA :)

I was seeing a girl for a while, things were going great until i lost my binochulars :(

yeah happened to me too but i lost my binoculars???

coincidence. i think not.

i actually don't think i've ever been on a first date per se...have always hooked up with people before that therefore bypassing that, or have dated people i already know so is kinda redundant...

:\

i wanna first date

i hate first dates... they always make me nervous. what if you don't get along with them? what if you say something stupid and they never want to see you again?

im never ever going on a first date ever again!

Don't, and I repeat DON'T stay awake for three days before your first date.
I made this mistake and the girl was freaking me out, to the point I would'nt even sit next to her hahahah

This was after I took too many xanax a few weeks before to calm myself down before I met her and passed out on my friends floor and stood her up :|

Stayed with her for 18 months though, she thought it was funny lol

well, technically i do already know this girl, but there's been no proper-dating-thing happen.

ah there's all just too much pressure. we're going to the movies, but it's at moonlight (at the sidney myer music bowl) so the atmosphere should be okay. i wonder if they have chairs or if i'm supposed to take a blanket or something?

food?

it's too hard :(

^ they have bean beds :D

but you can probably bring your own blanket too in case they run out...

um..not sure about food but they ARE licensed :)...so you should be fine ;)

1234, take a nice picnic basket with cheeses, dips, fruit etc.

maybe a nice bottle (read: not goon) of wine too :D

if you need help, PM me

^^ wine(s) :)

Moonlight Cinema is good, they show the best stuff (Donnie Darko Directors Cut, The Goonies, etc) :D