• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Firecrackers: What am I doing wrong?

Pet Sounds

Bluelighter
I've tried making firecrackers between 5-10 times, and not once have they worked well enough for me. Not at all, actually. I've been using mids, and I've been grinding it up extremely fine, almost powder-like.

Peanut Butter: Smucker's Organic

Temp: I've tried between 315-350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Amount of ganja - 1.5-2g

I've used three different ovens trying this, and still no luck. I wrap each firecracker individually with aluminum foil.

The way I do it is based off many posts I have found on forums, BL and those similar. I don't get what I'm doing wrong, seeing as people post this exact recipe and they talk about how high they get.

:eek:

What worked for me was thoroughly coating the weed in coconut oil before putting it in between the peanut butter-spread crackers, then wrapping them in foil like you did and cooking it at 300 for about 50 minutes. The first recipe I found on here didn't work for me either, and I'd had several other cooking attempts that had failed, but my gf and I ate two firecrackers from this recipe and got uncomfortably, freakout level high for about 5 hours. The first two hours were really pleasant but we just kept getting higher to the point we wanted it to stop, and we didn't even smoke any. But then I'm not totally sure how much weed I used; I put in enough shake from some brick mids to nearly cover the top of a cracker.

Anyway, I think the main thing I would do differently if I were you is to make sure the weed is covered in oil first and cook it longer and lower.

^haha yeah that's the great thing about firecrackers, you never know just how high you're gonna get.

Pet sounds, did you make sure to mix the weed in thoroughly, cause if not you won't get enough surface area for absorption. And maybe you should microwave it instead of baking. I've been doing this for a while now and found it works just as good.

I don't mix it with the peanut butter, I just sandwich it between crackers.

How long do you cook yours in the microwave?

When using the microwave I usually put the mixed up weed/p.b. in a bowl or Tupperware container and microwave for 3 minutes, stopping every 30 to 45 seconds to stir. Let it cool and in 20 to 30 minutes enjoy.

I don't mix it with the peanut butter, I just sandwich it between crackers.

How long do you cook yours in the microwave?

You need the peanut butter for the THC to be absorbed. Otherwise you are just wasting good weed!

Nutella works too. I love the stuff.

I don't know how all of you can not get the basic recipe to work.
These is what I do
1. Grind one gram of headies to dust.
2. Sandwich the bud between two salt crackers that have nutella spread over them.
3. Bake for 20-25mins at 320-325 degrees let cool and enjoy.

The key to make these is to use peanut butter with high fat contant. Having used all the natural and other peanut butter spreads in my local stores I can say that nutella works best for me.

isn't a higher temp needed to release the thc?

No. The THC will "release" (read: bind with the oils in the peanut butter instead of with the plant matter) at room temperature and even lower. The warmer the temperature, the faster the process and vice versa. There is a point, though, where the oven'll be too hot and simply burn up all the good stuff whilst cooking.

Also, when I've made firecrackers I've always put roughly a gram of bud in each cracker, finely ground up into a dust-like shake. Mix up the peanut butter and weed on the ritz cracker, sandwich it and then bake the sandwich(es) for 15-25min on 315°F-320°F(or as close as the oven can get to 315°F) and making sure to flip each cracker halfway through cooking.

Once done I'd let them sit long enough to cool and then pop one or two. If any were left over I'd put them in a ziplock and keep them in the fridge until necessary.

I've always had success cooking that way, and I've used pretty much any kind of peanut butter I could get my hands on.

Last edited: