• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Thoughts Finished a book? Tell us what you thought!

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Similar to "What Are You Reading?" but for reviews.
I've been posting reviews on the "What Are You Reading" thread, but feel like it's more for discussing what you're reading rather than giving opinions/reviews after reading.

Since I last posted:

Winger, Andrew Smith - 4.5 Stars - Loving this YA author atm. His books are always funny and his characters relate-able. Always a great prose and I usually finish his novels in a day (two at the most) because he writes the kind of books where you just don't want to put them down. This one had a tragic ending that was kind of devastating. Thank god there's a sequel so I can find out what happens in the aftermath.

The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower, Stephen King - 4.5 Stars - For me this series had it's serious peaks and valleys. I loved books 2,3 and 6 but hated books 4 and 5 (book 1 was just okay, but it's pretty short and more of a prologue to the series). I read the first third of this about 10 years ago and I just couldn't get into it so gave up on it as another dud like 4 and 5. I loved King's new book - The Institute - and it's really gotten me back into his works, reading those I skipped or never finished and decided to give this one another shot since it's book 7 in a series of 7. I started where I left off and I picked the worst place to stop last time because it got good immediately with the next chapter. I really loved this. Stephen King said it's extremely difficult to write a satisfactory ending to a long, epic series and that he knew most fans probably wouldn't be happy with the ending (and that he wasn't crazy about it himself) but I actually loved it.

We Sold Our Souls, Grady Hendrix - 4 Stars - Fun dark comedy/horror from the author of My Best Friends Exorcism. An interesting story that I enjoyed. Nothing fantastic but it certainly helped pass the time. Worth a read,

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hunter S. Thompson - 4 Stars - Had the movie recommended to me as a good one to watch on DXM. Read the book first because I've been meaning to read it for a while. Fun, short novel. A must for anyone who's into psychedelics.