• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Finding "new' veins - Where exactly should i look?

Rapier

Greenlighter
First off let me give you an idea of my situation. I have several genetic conditions that cause me chronic pain and terrible migraines. I don't want to be on opioids but when I go without them I end up with so much neurological pain that I can't function. The only time I IV is when I get a migraine as other ROA don't work as well. Unfortunately I get migraines about every day.

I have deep baby veins to begin with, and when I was younger I went to the hospital several times where they pumped me up with IV steroids at ridiculous doses which ruined ALL the veins in both of of the crooks of my arms, They're still hard as rocks and I haven't touched them for years... I've been using mostly my hands, forearms, ankles, feet, and wrists, but now I'm shit out of luck and unable to get a good vein without sticking myself silly trying to find one. I usually eventually find one (pain makes you desperate). I'm looking for alternatives, and where to look for them. I don't want to touch my femoral or anything like that unless things are really bad.

Please don't give me a HR speech or anything. I always sterilize my skin, use a fresh needle for each and every injection. I have syringes that are either luer lock or slip tip and 30g 1" needles. I have a sterile solution of fentanyl just for migraines. I have never had an abcess or anything like that even with 4 years of near daily use. I'd stop using opioids right now if I could, but I would be rendered completely non functional 90% of the time without them. I do understand the dangers and downsides of chronic IV use and accept them as the alternative is not viable at this moment. I've found many posts on this forum helpful and I hope that I will receive some helpful answers.

My post keeps disappearing, IDK what's going on, I'm just asking a question. If i'm doing something wrong please tell me. I'll repost it below.

First off let me give you an idea of my situation. I have several genetic conditions that cause me chronic pain and terrible migraines. I don't want to be on opioids but when I go without them I end up with so much neurological pain that I can't function. The only time I IV is when I get a migraine as other ROA don't work as well. Unfortunately I get migraines about every day.

I have deep baby veins to begin with, and when I was younger I went to the hospital several times where they pumped me up with IV steroids at ridiculous doses which ruined ALL the veins in both of of the crooks of my arms, They're still hard as rocks and I haven't touched them for years... I've been using mostly my hands, forearms, ankles, feet, and wrists, but now I'm shit out of luck and unable to get a good vein without sticking myself silly trying to find one. I usually eventually find one (pain makes you desperate). I'm looking for alternatives, and where to look for them. I don't want to touch my femoral or anything like that unless things are really bad.

Please don't give me a HR speech or anything. I always sterilize my skin, use a fresh needle for each and every injection. I have syringes that are either luer lock or slip tip and 30g 1" needles. I have a sterile solution just for migraines. I have never had an abcess or anything like that even with 4 years of near daily use. I'd stop using opioids right now if I could, but I would be rendered completely non functional 90% of the time without them. I do understand the dangers and downsides of chronic IV use and accept them as the alternative is not viable at this moment. I've found many posts on this forum helpful and I hope that I will receive some helpful answers.

Last edited:
The best advice I can give is to look up a vein map. I understand sometimes the need for immediate pain relief at times vs it kicking in within a half hour sometimes an hour instead. Nasal or plugging don't work? Have you considered buying micron filters to produce a clean enough solution to do IM injections? It could also work especially if you do it very rarely.

Already been doing IM for years. Just doesn't work, it makes the pain subside, but as soon as it wears off the migraine is back, for some reason with IV it's like it knocks it out all at once and it's gone and can't come back instead of it just being dampened. Most of what I take is usually IM. Even tried IM into the hip because of faster absorbtion but it just doesn't work... I wish it die tho.

You've mentioned all the places where most people find their veins. Femoral and neck are also quite usual, but what do you want? No one can show where they are from here. And you shouldn't even try shooting in your neck. Don't ever risk using your penis. You may lose it.

At the Needle Exchange I go to, they have a vein-lamp. IDK how the F it works, but when pointing it at your skin, one can clearly see all the "shallow" (the not so deep) veins clearly, even the smallest ones. Ask them if they have one, and then use an inc-pensil and mark them. However, I used them over my best elbow-vein, and I didn't see anything but veins close to it.

I had veins in my shoulders, quite large ones, but I've also trained them alot. They where visible in a mirror. Worth checking.

Do you already have a low BMI? If not, losing weight makes the ones you have more visible. And lifting weights make them larger, but it takes time, but you should lift weights anyway, so start lifting weights this week and you might have larger, mor visible veins in half a year.

If you do find your femoral vein, and always do it as safe as possible, and never inject anything without filtering it crystal clear, it should be rather safe. I know people who have used the same spot for 20 years. A good friend have shot Ritalin there every day for god knows how long, only filtering through cotton, or not at all, and he used to IV suboxone there, unfiltered, every day. He's had quite a few emobilsms in his leg, but not by the groin and his leg is still working. Another guy I knew while locked up shot buspirone in his foot and they had to amputate it.

My point being: as long as you use micron filter (just find out what size they are and know that if they are those with size 10, bacteria can get through) why would the place matter much? A vein may collapse, yes, but for a big vein to collapse, it takes some serious abuse.

How many veins have gotten destroyed because of clean hits with clean solutions? Rhetorical question.

If you IV dangerous shit, then obviously it's more harmful to inject it and perhaps miss it in the groin or in the neck than in the hands. I haven't found mine, but everyone who has used it has said it's impossible to miss (obviously it's not, but it's alot garder), and the only con is that it's so large and easy to find that one just keeps shooting there. Before you've found it you might also hit the artery, but by now you know what to do when you hit one of those.

READ THIS BEFORE TRYING:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/369630-A-Guide-Injecting-into-the-Femoral-Vein

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/778811-Femeral-Vein-Injection-Guide

I'm not a trained doctor, but my empirical experiences tells me that injecting is bad and terrible shit can happen, but it doesn't seem as if the risk for that is larger when IVing in groin.

The only place never to use is the penis. I have done it, once, and it's a terrible idea. Why is the dick more risky to use? Perhaps bc it's more dependent on it's only significant vein than the rest of the body where there are alot of veins to most places.

I know people who have used the neck-vein without problem, too, but not enough to say it's somewhere near OK. And, if shit happens, one can live without a leg, or arm, or hand. We risk serious harm every time we shoot, but if it goes wrong once when using neck, the risk of good-night is much higher than in any other place. I did it once, young and with no idea of what could happen. And I was with a girld so I didn't want to seem like a coward. It went OK. Never again, unless it's meant to be good-night.

How can I defend groin-IVing on a HR-site?
Because I've met a shitload of people who have done it for so long time, and they aren't exactly cleaning before every shot and they use the same needle for two weeks and they don't even always filter Ritalin before shooting. And they all say it's much easier to F up while using other places. People die from IVing, but there's no evidence of higher risk of death because one is using the femoral vein. Friends who have done it for a long time recommend it, and as long as one is careful ... it should be no less OK than hacking your body to pieces and then finding a vein somewhere else and miss half of it.

Last edited: