• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe finding euphoria from buprenorphine while on maintenance

How long have you been on buprenorphine? What was your use like before? Btw I don't think there's any way to spit out the naloxone and there's no point in doing so... bupe has a much higher binding affinity on the receptors and the addition of the naloxone is really nothing more than a marketing ploy.

I've never felt my bupe regardless of ROA or amount taken. But I also have a history of extensive opioid use and a massive tolerance. If you use the search engine, there's tons of threads on potentiating opioids. But your best bet is going to be tapering your dose down to under 6mg then once you're stable you can try skipping a few days then doubling up your dose.

Honestly though, buprenorphine is a weird drug. Because of its ceiling, doses past 32mg are ineffective and people typically due better on smaller doses. Also, people who are able to get high on bupe (typically people with lower tolerances) usually report smaller doses being better if you want to feel the effects. And even IV users inject small amounts.

As far as my own experience, a while back I went a week on 2mg a day instead of my usual 4mg because I was low on my meds. When I got my script, I took 4mg and felt relaxed and a little sleepy. Could have just been the relief of some minor WD symptoms, but this is the closest I've come to "feeling" bupe. And yet, when I took another 2mg it in no way increased the effects. That's just how bupe is, less is really more in this case.

Spot on entuser w/ the hydrocodone, it reminds me of that also just without as much euphoria. And as others have said lower doses are the key...since I've been taking less, wouldn't say I get euphoria, but more of an opiate feel. Also I am more constipated at a lower dose. When I was taking 8mg+ I would have no problem going to the bathroom, would usually go not long after I took my dose with ease...now not saying i'm majorlily constipated, but their are times when I'm just like GOD DAMNIT now if you know what I've mean since I've been taking less,lol.

Spot on entuser w/ the hydrocodone, it reminds me of that also just without as much euphoria. And as others have said lower doses are the key...since I've been taking less, wouldn't say I get euphoria, but more of an opiate feel. Also I am more constipated at a lower dose. When I was taking 8mg+ I would have no problem going to the bathroom, would usually go not long after I took my dose with ease...now not saying i'm majorlily constipated, but their are times when I'm just like GOD DAMNIT now if you know what I've mean since I've been taking less,lol.

Haha, yeah, i know what u mean. pretty often while I'm sitting on the toilet, my wife will holler "my God are you alright in there?!" I guess she thinks i may have nodded off in there. But thats not the problem. Sorry I tried not to give too much information there.sorry also for getting off topic.

How long have you been on buprenorphine? What was your use like before? Btw I don't think there's any way to spit out the naloxone and there's no point in doing so... bupe has a much higher binding affinity on the receptors and the addition of the naloxone is really nothing more than a marketing ploy.

I've never felt my bupe regardless of ROA or amount taken. But I also have a history of extensive opioid use and a massive tolerance. If you use the search engine, there's tons of threads on potentiating opioids. But your best bet is going to be tapering your dose down to under 6mg then once you're stable you can try skipping a few days then doubling up your dose.

Honestly though, buprenorphine is a weird drug. Because of its ceiling, doses past 32mg are ineffective and people typically due better on smaller doses. Also, people who are able to get high on bupe (typically people with lower tolerances) usually report smaller doses being better if you want to feel the effects. And even IV users inject small amounts.

As far as my own experience, a while back I went a week on 2mg a day instead of my usual 4mg because I was low on my meds. When I got my script, I took 4mg and felt relaxed and a little sleepy. Could have just been the relief of some minor WD symptoms, but this is the closest I've come to "feeling" bupe. And yet, when I took another 2mg it in no way increased the effects. That's just how bupe is, less is really more in this case.

Well the naloxone does actually make a slight difference when you swallow the saliva after letting the tablet dissolve it actually works as a laxative because the naloxone helps ease opiate like effects and dulls the high somewhat. I have also noticed a small difference between subutex and Suboxone when IVed especially because the naloxone is active when IVed. I myself love the high from bupe and I've done 3+ grams of heroin a day for years. When first going on bupe at 8mgs I felt nothing but withdrawal relief and extreme constipation that no laxatives could ease. Now at 2mgs sublingual I feel great I dose 0.5mgs under the tounge 4 times a day currently and I have some gas (farting) but I can poop daily without laxatives finally now that I'm taking a low dose. I don't understand why some people say they got more constipated from low doses? That doesn't make much sense to me because the higher the dose the more opiates attach to your intestinal tract therefore worse constipation occurs.

^ I was more referring to the misconception that naloxone is strong enough to block the bupe or that it will throw you into precipitated WD if you IV Suboxone.

I do agree that the naloxone has some effect because I'm on the generic Subutex and the couple times I've taken Suboxone it's just felt yucky for some reason.

Yeah, bupe is just more successful and effective at those smaller doses. I was on 32mg when I first made the switch from heroin and that barely touched the withdrawal but I've since tapered down. Back up at 4mg temporarily though.

I haven't had constipation on it but I also exercise and eat a lot of fresh fruit and veg.

^ I was more referring to the misconception that naloxone is strong enough to block the bupe or that it will throw you into precipitated WD if you IV Suboxone.

I do agree that the naloxone has some effect because I'm on the generic Subutex and the couple times I've taken Suboxone it's just felt yucky for some reason.

Yeah, bupe is just more successful and effective at those smaller doses. I was on 32mg when I first made the switch from heroin and that barely touched the withdrawal but I've since tapered down. Back up at 4mg temporarily though.

I haven't had constipation on it but I also exercise and eat a lot of fresh fruit and veg.

Okay I see yea the naloxone will only put you in precipitated withdrawal if IVed while other opiates are still on the receptors. I've noticed IVing the first sub you use to induct is a bad idea because not only does the bupe play a role in clearing your receptors but the naloxone adds to it and makes for hellish PWDs. I've heard of people who usually wait 8 hours to induct onto sub's from heroin If they take the sub as directed under the tounge. But the same person could wait 30 hours and think they're fine to inject a sub but instead it sends them into nasty precipitated withdrawal even after being dope sick for 24 hours and not having any heroin for 30+ hours. But once stable on bupe naloxone won't fuck with your bupe high or anything mabye dull it a bit yet no PWDs will occur.

32mgs!? That's crazy man I started on 12mgs because I started it in detox and they don't let anybody go higher than 12 mgs here. That was the most horrible constipation i have ever had i would go weeks without shitting. In detox here They base your dose by checking your physical withdrawal symptoms every hour until they see you get under a certain number in the COWS scale. Everybody got started on 4 mgs once they got really sick then got worked up until they were physically well unless 4 was all they needed. Not many people needed more than 4-8 mgs unless they sold dope like i did and had a massive tolerance. Of course many people still had mental symptoms of wanting more but the nurses didn't give you more when you asked they would tell you to go try acupuncture or to take a Tylenol, clonadine, Epsom salt bath etc. Although My first time in detox 12mgs was needed very quickly after getting out I was down to 8mg sublingual then over the course of 6 months worked down to 0.5-1mg IV and today I'm currently at 2mgs sublingual no more needles for me:)

After being on 1mg IV for a while I stopped taking sub regularly last year and only used it as a means to keep well till I got back on the H train. Each time I would induct back onto sub no more than 3 mgs was ever needed to keep me stable for a day till I got more heroin but the reason I needed 12mgs at first was because at my worst before Suboxone came to Canada I sold dope and usually had a kilo of 70-80% pure dope on hand which i did roughly an 8ball a day of.

When I relapsed last year I had given up my position as a dealer so I had to go to the streets and buy cut down 1/4 grams like everyone else. It wasn't nearly as good quality as I was getting before and I was getting sick of the cycle of switching back and forth between the two drugs. I eventually cut off all contacts sick of being ripped off by punks and today I am only interested in buprenorphine/cannabis for getting pain relief and euphoria heroin no longer interests me I am happy to say. I give the credit to being on low dose bupe and the nice subtle buzz it gives me. I know I'm far from clean but life is great compared to before. Thank god for Suboxone it only came to Canada 3-4 years ago you know. It also makes detox a piece of cake if you want off drugs altogether.

Last edited:
^ lol and I still spent my detox in the ER in total misery/agony. Took the full 7 days of the bupe building up in my blood for me to get relief. I was coming off heroin, cocaine, and phenazepam. I was 90 pounds coming into treatment though and my body was fucking done, it couldn't even heal a scratch. Even in full blown withdrawal my blood pressure never went above 80/50 at the very highest and in the ER my heart rate was 40. I remember because it kept triggering the alarm and I was fading in and out of consciousness and irritated because I wanted to sleep. I just remember being pissed in general though because before I ended up in the ER the rehab kept giving me clonidine despite my low blood pressure just because it's protocol or whatever and it made me pass out and hit my head. Then in the ER I got amphetamines to make my heart rate go up plus IV benadryl for some reason and I was jumping out of my skin. Shitty.... all of it.

It's funny because I tend to block bad memories out so it's easy for me to forget how bad I was in my use and how horrible detox was and that I was lucky to make it. I can't possible imagine ever getting high on bupe but it's okay, I'm happy just to feel normal. I had and still have a massive tolerance. I didn't officially deal but I had unlimited access because I drove my dealer around, served his customers, bailed his ass outta jail, and took care of business when he was locked up. We were pretty close though we never dated and his girlfriend hated me.

For me, less is always more with bupe..always.
Then i'm not on maintenance, just use the odd film or tablet once in a while. I like it better though, because I can combine opiates with it.

Trying to find euphoria from bupremorphine is not a road you want to go down , trust me. It only lead me back to IV heroin and methamphetamine use and I ended up in a worse place than were I was before I started suboxone maintenance.

When you say less is more, is 3 2mg Subutex (generic) a day a small amount? So basically 6 mg a day. What should I try to get down too? I probably use actually 4mg a day, because I always have extra when it is time for my refill each month.

I was down to 1 or 1/2 a mg when I jumped off most kicks.

I had the strips and I suppose once I got down to their wd already set in or I was sick of taking suboxone.

Anyways the lower the dose you are at and the less length of time you have been on suboxone the easier it is to get off it.

I really hate the idea of being addicted to such a nasty drug.

I did have to quit at 3/4 of a strip once when my suboxone was stolen. That kind of sucked and I did use a bit of vicodin to pad the crash.

My first post on this forum or any drugs forum for that matter, I just wanted to ask how many days would I have to abstain from taking it to feel high again, I take 32mg a day

No one can tell you for sure. I assume you mean getting off bupe so you can do H. This will be highly counterproductive. I would only toy with this if your plan is to get readdicted to heroin. You're also on the highest dose of bupe they prescribe. What was the nature of your habit (and how long have you been on bupe?)?

ebola

I was doing 5 to 6 bags a day and I've been on subutex for three months,
I've actually found a bag from quite awhile ago behind my bed, I thought I'll just tan that and jump back onto the subutex and I deleted all my contacts for the h so there's no way am going to have a full relapse plus am getting married soon so that keeps me motivated not to go back to that shitty junkie life, any info will be appreciated thanks.

Your dose of bupe' is really high, so I expect you would need a couple to a few half-lives to pass before receptor-occupancy is sufficiently low. I dunno. 2-4 days? It's very difficult to say.

ebola

After 2.5 years on buprenorphine I can't feel much euphoria from it. I'm at 4mg a day and when it does work (I randomly feel and don't feel its effects), it only makes me terribly sedated and I basically don't feel like doing anything. :p It also doesn't last as long as it used to. When I wake up in the morning, my pupils are already pretty dilated.

Last edited:
Each time I would induct back onto sub no more than 3 mgs was ever needed to keep me stable for a day till I got more heroin but the reason I needed 12mgs at first was because at my worst before Suboxone came to Canada I sold dope and usually had a kilo of 70-80% pure dope on hand which i did roughly an 8ball a day of.

A Kilo level dealer of dope? Come on man. A Key of heroin in the US is MINIMUM $200,000. So you are claiming you were a multimillionaire level drug dealer? Not trying to start a flame war, but I just find it hard to believe that you were a kilo level dealer.

Back on topic...

Been on subs sadly for the past 7 years or so. No matter how much dope I was doing before I hopped back on subs, I would always get that "buzz" and euphoria for roughly 2-3 weeks after I leveled out and was no longer dope sick. I never got the "instant cure" effect from subs either when in WD. It would normally take me AT LEAST 4 days to start to feel normal. Without subs, I'd normally feel functional by the 7-8 day. I'm a 15 year heroin addict , sadly, once again.

Anyway, I must be the only person on here who disagrees with the "less is more" theory. During those 2-3 weeks after straightening out, if 8mg had me feeling good, 16mg would have me feeling pretty damn good. I always looked at subs as a bullshit "drug" to get high from until I gave my girl at the time 2mg and she was high as hell for hours, then sick as FUCK the next day.

Well, that's my experience with the orange handcuffs...

btw....my originally name here is Fenatnyl_Eater and I registered in 2002 but I lost the PW and don't have the email I used to recover the PW. Is there any other way Of recovering it?

Anything that increases the amount of buprenorphine delivered to the blood will neccesarily throw your maintenance/taper off somewhat. The whole reason you get a "high" from opioids is generally excessive activation of opioid receptors, which causes tolerance no matter what.

The most constructive way to get the high back is by reducing your use...

I agree with this. I take 16mg / day and what I do is bring it down to 12mg for three days, then kick it up to 20mg-24mg to get the euphoria