• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe finding euphoria from buprenorphine while on maintenance

sireal84

Greenlighter
As a maintenance bupe user(prescribed, not illicitly obtained) I still from time to time want to enjoy the effects that my subs initially produced. I'd love to hear from some people who have been in my shoes and found a method to obtain this. (ROA, potentiater, etc.) I know I'm not the first to wonder if it's possible, oh!! I'm currently taking 4mg twice daily and I spit the naloxone out, nasty stuff...

Anything that increases the amount of buprenorphine delivered to the blood will neccesarily throw your maintenance/taper off somewhat. The whole reason you get a "high" from opioids is generally excessive activation of opioid receptors, which causes tolerance no matter what.

The most constructive way to get the high back is by reducing your use...

Well, you could always shoot it, but I doubt you wanna get down that road. Of course there's the naloxone, unless you can get Subutex prescribed (or is it even available in your country)? In Finland bupe is the most sought after opiate probably due to lack of H and the relatively low cost. Personally I stick to sublingual use, dissolving the bupe to alcohol. I've read research reports that claim alcohol + bupe solutions increase the sublingual bioavailability. Of course many people here just shoot it up, whether it contains naloxone or only straight bupe. I dunno whether plugging is an option.

sorry...not really appropriate for this forum. moving. . .

ebola

As a maintenance bupe user(prescribed, not illicitly obtained) I still from time to time want to enjoy the effects that my subs initially produced. I'd love to hear from some people who have been in my shoes and found a method to obtain this. (ROA, potentiater, etc.) I know I'm not the first to wonder if it's possible, oh!! I'm currently taking 4mg twice daily and I spit the naloxone out, nasty stuff...

You need to lower to dose if you want that euphoria back or stop taking it for a couple days then start in again. If you take a couple days off then you'll be able to feel that euphoria for another few days until your buprenorphine serum concentrations reach a steady level again. If you want to feel a buzz everytime you dose then you could taper down to 2-3mgs a day then after getting adjusted on that low dose you should start to feel buzzed each dose you take since the doses wear off before you take the next one and low doses convert to Nor-Buprenorphine which is a full agonist instead of only a partial agonist like bupe normally is. Another reason high doses don't give euphoria is because it keep a steady level of buprenorphine in your plasma so each time you redose your obly extending the duration the drug stays in your body your receptors are already fully saturated with bupe so you can't get a rush of taking anymore. There are many reasons low dose buprenorphine works better for pain and euphoria so staying on a high dose is unnecessary when you can taper down to a lower one and get less side effects while actually feeling better craving relief.

Don't try to IV these things its not worth it the high doesn't get any better and it's terrible for your veins. This stuff works great for pain and euphoria in low doses when doctors prescribe buprenorphine for pain its usually given in doses of 0.2- 0.4mgs taken every 4 hours to achieve the best pain relief since bupe is only effective on pain for the first 4 hours its in your body. Me I've been on Suboxone a couple years and I still get a buzz from my doses. I take 0.5mgs sublingual every 8 hours and each dose makes me feel great I have felt no tolerance increase at all since being on bupe which is one of the great things about buprenorphine.

Last edited:
yup... high maintenance = high tolerance .
gotta ease up and back off if you want your feels back. Throwing higher dosages or potentiators at it will only increase addiction and boost tolerance .

I agree. You gotta come down to a low dose or stop for couple few days. I'm sure that you have read and or heard the less is more theory. I won't go into detail because it has already been explained above about the nor buprenorphine.

It took me a long time to grasp the concept of "less is more." I'm sure there's a ton of info on this site about the ceiling of buprenorphine.

How do u spit the naloxone out? If u literally spit ur loseing bupe too obviously. The naloxone really doesn't make a difference at all I've been prescribed suboxone & subutex. Subutex tastes AWFUL & the film absorbs better.

OP think about why you are on maintenance? to get high? or to maintain?

That being said i used to snort half a sub on top of my usual dosage rarely to get an opiate feel, usually on a stim comedown.

But not more, in one week i'm down to 1mg :D

Even if you back down to 1-2 mg a day don't expect any miracles.

When you say that you spit the naloxone out I am assuming that you just use your suboxone as directed except when you are done with the sublingual dose you just spit out all the saliva that you have accumulated instead of swallowing it? Right?

When you say that you spit the naloxone out I am assuming that you just use your suboxone as directed except when you are done with the sublingual dose you just spit out all the saliva that you have accumulated instead of swallowing it? Right?

I think that's what he is getting at I do the same thing myself so I get a better buzz from taking it sublingually. It actually does make a difference don't ask me why but my only explanation is less naloxone get absorbed because it does make a small difference when enough is absorbed it will never overtake the bupe but I can dull the euphoria from bupe quite a bit. You ever shot up subutex/tex then compared it to Suboxone? The pure bupe products do seem to carry themselves a little better when IVed when compared to Suboxone.

I think that's what he is getting at I do the same thing myself so I get a better buzz from taking it sublingually. It actually does make a difference don't ask me why but my only explanation is less naloxone get absorbed because it does make a small difference when enough is absorbed it will never overtake the bupe but I can dull the euphoria from bupe quite a bit. You ever shot up subutex/tex then compared it to Suboxone? The pure bupe products do seem to carry themselves a little better when IVed when compared to Suboxone.

I Haven't ever IVed subutex and it has been a few years since suboxone. I am on subutex now. I do like it better sublingual at least. People are always saying that they'd rather snort it because of better BA. It may just be me but it seems that it works so much better using it sublingual. This coming from a guy that use to snort everything. It just seems to do better for me sublingual.

I've never been able
to get high from buprenorphine.Even after being locked up and thus no drugs whatsoever for 6 months.When I got home I knew I had a few subs around the house so just for the hell of it I did 2 8mg pills subligually,having zero tolerance because of my forced 6 month abstinance.No high,not any kind of feeling whatsoever.I've always been perplexed when people speak of a bupe high.Which opiate would those of you fortunate enough to get high from it compare it to?My gf used to get Subutex for a while by claiming we were trying to get pregnant(appearantly naloxone is bad for a developing fetus) and even the couple times we tried shooting it we never got any high,just an instant cessation of withdrawl symptoms.And we had gotten our habits down pretty low so we figured we would at least feel something.Nope.Nada.

As far as the ceiling effect of bupe,when I got on Suboxone the doctor who prescribed it to me said that your body won't absorb more than 16mg a day.If I remember correctly the little orientation booklet they give you in the office said the same thing.I've never heard of anyone being prescribed more than 16mg a day,no matter which doctor they went to.So as far as I've heard,16mg/day is the ceiling for buperenorphine.And speaking of buprenorphine,what ever happened to the little injectable ampuoles of Buprinex that came out pre Suboxone/Subutex?Did they take them off the US market or do they just not like prescribing it because it lets a patient still play with their needles?Anyone out there know what's up with that?

I've never been able
to get high from buprenorphine.Even after being locked up and thus no drugs whatsoever for 6 months.When I got home I knew I had a few subs around the house so just for the hell of it I did 2 8mg pills subligually,having zero tolerance because of my forced 6 month abstinance.No high,not any kind of feeling whatsoever.I've always been perplexed when people speak of a bupe high.Which opiate would those of you fortunate enough to get high from it compare it to?My gf used to get Subutex for a while by claiming we were trying to get pregnant(appearantly naloxone is bad for a developing fetus) and even the couple times we tried shooting it we never got any high,just an instant cessation of withdrawl symptoms.And we had gotten our habits down pretty low so we figured we would at least feel something.Nope.Nada.

As far as the ceiling effect of bupe,when I got on Suboxone the doctor who prescribed it to me said that your body won't absorb more than 16mg a day.If I remember correctly the little orientation booklet they give you in the office said the same thing.I've never heard of anyone being prescribed more than 16mg a day,no matter which doctor they went to.So as far as I've heard,16mg/day is the ceiling for buperenorphine.And speaking of buprenorphine,what ever happened to the little injectable ampuoles of Buprinex that came out pre Suboxone/Subutex?Did they take them off the US market or do they just not like prescribing it because it lets a patient still play with their needles?Anyone out there know what's up with that?

I would compare a buprenorphine high to tthe feeling I used to get many years ago when I first started messing around with hydrocodone. I have though seen people with low tolerance get plastered from like 2 milligrams of bupe. I really believe that it affects people different. When I had a very high opiate tolerance I personally thought that people were crazy for wasting their money on buprenorphine. It just didn't do ANYTHING for me. I didn't realize how much I liked it until I got on maintenance. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the less is more theory. I even now fond myself taking more than needed when I know from experience that I will actually feel better with a low dose. As far as the injectable ampoules, I personally never heard of them.

Ive heard the same thing about methadone downherhead but just 15 mg had me nodding. (No tolerance obviously) Crazy how peoples bodies react so differently to the same substance.

Anything that increases the amount of buprenorphine delivered to the blood will neccesarily throw your maintenance/taper off somewhat. The whole reason you get a "high" from opioids is generally excessive activation of opioid receptors, which causes tolerance no matter what.

The most constructive way to get the high back is by reducing your use...

Extremely well said as always - I wholeheartedly agree.

I've never been able

You took 16mgs that's your problem if you snorted or IVed 0.5 mgs or 1-2 mgs sublingual you would have felt a lot better than the 16mgs you took. Try that sometime don't expect anything mind blowing but many love the nice chill mood lift with the stimulant qualities added for a subtle but nice clean high. And 32 mgs is the ceiling point for which respiratory depression and other opiate symptoms stop but around 4 mgs sublingual and 2mgs IV is when the euphoria starts to hit a ceiling and when more is added antagonist qualities are felt instead of agonist activities. Basically the euphoria gets duller the bigger the dose less is more basically.

yeah reducing dose and changing ROA can bring back the HIGH ! but the bube high is almost non existent in the first place. why are you on subs ? i would bet its not to get high ! that being said if you want to get high stop i would just stop taking subs and go with a fully synthetic opiate like tram, or fent !