• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Finally a member - have been lurking for years

ac360

Bluelighter
Hi guys, I'm an 18 y/o living in the Chicago area.

I got introduced to drugs by doctors. I've been on many different meds from a young age. Here's my history - age and drug(s)

10 - Vyvanse
13 - Zoloft & BuSpar
(I was hospitalized for an eating disorder at age 16)
16 - Xanax, Abilify, Hydroxyzine, Ritalin
17 - Adderall, Strattera, Prozac, Ativan, Klonopin, Remeron, Lexapro
18 - Gabapentin, Lamictal, Wellbutrin

Most of these have cycled in and out of my cocktail many times. Currently, I take
Xanax 0.5mg 2x
Vyvanse 40mg
Wellbutrin XL 150mg
Lexapro 20mg
Lamictal 150mg

I come from a family of alcoholics, so I've always tried to stay away from addictive substances but my hospitalization left that out of my hands. At about 110-120lbs, age 16 I was taking 0.5mg xanax 3x a day. I have severe GAD, so it was great at first but over time became messy. One day while at school I took 1mg about 2 hours after my morning .5 because I was having a panic attack. Best feeling in my life. After that, because I needed my dose for anxiety I would cut some days down to 1mg to 1.5mg and I started taking it with Benadryl, NyQuil, whatever I could get my hands on. After I blacked out one night I got really scared and my friends flipped on me so I went cold turkey from the xanax which I now know is dangerous and it was the worst feeling I could ever describe.

My intention was never to get high. I've been through hell surviving my anxiety depression mood and ADHD for years. With my current cocktail I can say without a doubt that I'm the most stable I've ever been.

The thing is that I think it's working because I'm always craving drugs on some level, and I literally can't function without a stim and benzo. It was the addition of these two together that made my mental state do a 180.

I'm not looking to get high, the three times Ive ever drank (w/o benzos or amphetamines for s few days before) have been awful. I've smoked weed three times because my friends really wanted me to, the first time I felt literally nothing, the second time I cycled through moods like never before and constantly flipped between panic attacks and extreme sadness. The third time I felt like a zombie who couldn't get up and it was also horrible.

I've already posted mentioning dxm, I was legitimately using it as a cough suppressant and I took one in gel form. I'm not looking to fuck up my mental state anymore than it naturally is, but I would totally experiment if I could do so.

I'm mostly here to learn more about how drugs work and interact with people and the brain and to see stories different from or similiar to mine. I find pharmacology of CNS drugs and learning about them incredibly interesting and I'm glad to be somewhere where people feel the same.

Hey AC260

Believe it or not, a lot of your experience rings true with a lot of folks out there. Thanks for signing up, enjoy your time here:)

Welcome :love:,
We are a very diverse group, with Decades of knowledge and experience , and many new comers that are just starting the journey.
It is so much easier in my opinion that I am not alone with, these feeling , and to ask and listen to advise that people freely give, about there experiences.

All is Well

Hi guys, I'm an 18 y/o living in the Chicago area.

I got introduced to drugs by doctors. I've been on many different meds from a young age. Here's my history - age and drug(s)

10 - Vyvanse
13 - Zoloft & BuSpar
(I was hospitalized for an eating disorder at age 16)
16 - Xanax, Abilify, Hydroxyzine, Ritalin
17 - Adderall, Strattera, Prozac, Ativan, Klonopin, Remeron, Lexapro
18 - Gabapentin, Lamictal, Wellbutrin

Most of these have cycled in and out of my cocktail many times. Currently, I take
Xanax 0.5mg 2x
Vyvanse 40mg
Wellbutrin XL 150mg
Lexapro 20mg
Lamictal 150mg

I come from a family of alcoholics, so I've always tried to stay away from addictive substances but my hospitalization left that out of my hands. At about 110-120lbs, age 16 I was taking 0.5mg xanax 3x a day. I have severe GAD, so it was great at first but over time became messy. One day while at school I took 1mg about 2 hours after my morning .5 because I was having a panic attack. Best feeling in my life. After that, because I needed my dose for anxiety I would cut some days down to 1mg to 1.5mg and I started taking it with Benadryl, NyQuil, whatever I could get my hands on. After I blacked out one night I got really scared and my friends flipped on me so I went cold turkey from the xanax which I now know is dangerous and it was the worst feeling I could ever describe.

My intention was never to get high. I've been through hell surviving my anxiety depression mood and ADHD for years. With my current cocktail I can say without a doubt that I'm the most stable I've ever been.

The thing is that I think it's working because I'm always craving drugs on some level, and I literally can't function without a stim and benzo. It was the addition of these two together that made my mental state do a 180.

I'm not looking to get high, the three times Ive ever drank (w/o benzos or amphetamines for s few days before) have been awful. I've smoked weed three times because my friends really wanted me to, the first time I felt literally nothing, the second time I cycled through moods like never before and constantly flipped between panic attacks and extreme sadness. The third time I felt like a zombie who couldn't get up and it was also horrible.

I've already posted mentioning dxm, I was legitimately using it as a cough suppressant and I took one in gel form. I'm not looking to fuck up my mental state anymore than it naturally is, but I would totally experiment if I could do so.

I'm mostly here to learn more about how drugs work and interact with people and the brain and to see stories different from or similiar to mine. I find pharmacology of CNS drugs and learning about them incredibly interesting and I'm glad to be somewhere where people feel the same.
Welcome fellow Chicagoland member! Feel free to hit me up if you ever need an ?