• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Filtering BTH and using intranasal spray instead of slamming or plugging

Truthman77

Greenlighter
I am making this post to help people who are either slamming/IVing their BTH while wanting to stop that ROA and for people who are looking for a way to use BTH without having all the impurities in it.

Swim has been using heroin for about a year and a half. It started with not being able to purchase Norcos anymore and thus did what most others have done and switched to the hard stuff. Swim has access to heroin #4 but its pricey so she chooses to use BTH. She started with #4 when slamming and then switched to BTH which destroyed her veins in her arms. She at one point tasted what the BTH was like and immediately knew that it was horrible for her body because of the acidity and the toxic way it tasted. She knew she had to stop this ROA! She began to think about using BTH intranasally and remember when she was able to purchase some fent hcl in a spray bottle before she switched to heroin. She wanted to do this so she began mixing her BTH in water and putting it in a spray bottle that is used for allergies. She'd empty the bottle out and put the BTH water in and it worked great. However, she began to deal with some side effects that she had been battling while using heroin the entire time which she thought would stop when she switched her ROA. She suffered joint issues etc and it was getting worse. She realized that heroin itself was not causing this but the additives and cuts etc were! So, she tried doing a cold water extraction with the BTH. If heroin (morphine, codeine, etc) is water soluble then there is no reason why this would not work like it does with hydros etc. So she gave it a shot and it worked! This method will not eliminate all the cuts etc from your BTH but if you look at the residue upon completion then it becomes easy to see that it is eliminating quite a bit of stuff that is in the BTH! So either way its worth it because you are getting cleaner dope! It may not be completely clean and pure but it is a hell of a lot better than it was prior. Injecting or snorting BTH that is cloudy and has particles in it is NOT HEALTHY! Nor is it safe!

This method has never been used to IV after completion but it has been used nasally which certainly works especially with a spray bottle! Putting it in as liquid is gross and a lot of it gets ingested which defeats the purpose! Using a spray bottle gets is all over the nasal passage and waiting a few minutes after two sprays in each nose is the best method because it drys and then you give yourself more. This way your absorbing it the way its supposed to be absorbed and it definitely is felt if done properly. A Visine bottle is worthless! You will see the difference when you can compare it with this method.

The instructions are simple...

Get an insulin syringe and cut the top off so that there is no longer a needle and just a hole into the rig.

Get yourself some cotton balls and some paper towels that are thick.

Mix BTH in water in a cup or whatever you find works the best.

Take the cotton and place it in the middle of a chunk of paper towel.

Wrap the paper towel around the cotton.

Get the paper towel and cotton wet and place into the cup with BTH.

Now use your syringe and suck the BTH through the cotton and paper towel which will take some time because she uses 25 mls of water.

When completed you will see the amount of residue left over! The cotton will only absorb so much but with the paper towel or even a coffee filter you will be seeing a great deal of residue left over! There is no doubt that it is being filtered!

Now, after this you can either start spraying or you can do a second filter. The second filter would be placing another paper towel over a cup and getting it wet before hand.

Make sure that the paper towel is secure and that you push down in the center so its like a cone pointing downward so that the water filters quicker and does not spread around the paper towel and dilute your BTH.

Then pour the BTH water in the center of the cone and watch it filter out the remaining residue. When its almost completely done you can squeeze out the last bit of BTH water out of the cone.

By this point you will have a solution that is very clean looking and not cloudy at ALL! Yes, you may lose some of you BTH in the process but the better that you get at the more efficient you will become. Now you have a solution that is primarily BTH! The high is a lot more clean! You will see a difference and feel it too. This method has never been tried with IV! This is something you would do at your own risk! This is purely for nasal!

This method has helped my friend a great deal! Her symptoms from her joints are pretty much gone and she feels a lot better. She is still able to enjoy her BTH and not deal with all the side effects from all the cuts etc!

This is also a great way to get AWAY from the needle! You wont get the instant rush like you do with the needle but you still get a good high from it and you won't want the needle as much either. My friend is trying to kick H and this has been a big step for her to stopping because she is not using as much! She preserves her BTH water in the fridge so that it doesn't go bad. It lasts a good 48 hours before it starts to feel and taste differently. This solution does not have a horrible taste to it and it does not irritate the nose either.

I am posting this to help those who want to get away from the needle and those who are thinking about the needle but would prefer a safer and better method.

A lot of you are going to critique this and say that its dumb or this or that. But, I suggest that you try this method and see for yourself. It may not filter out everything but if you put .5 using this method you will certainly see how much you are getting out of your BTH! Because there is a great deal of BS in it that is not safe nor healthy especially for the long term user!

Be safe! Much love!

I've done this with an afrinn bottle but my bth was not filtered but still dissolved clear.

How did you like using it with the spray bottle? Just for shits and giggles it wouldn't be a bad idea to still give it a filter. If the cotton or paper towel turns brown then that still means you are filtering stuff out and if you squeeze it so all the water is mostly gone then its less likely to be wasted BTH. From Swims experience it still makes a difference but maybe you just get really good BTH. What I have read is that most BTH is around 30-40% purity from what is seized by LE.

We've had some threads on turning ECP into a nasal spray, the problem lies with the fact that the water will hydrolyze the Heroin back into morphine, water and acetic acid, I suppose if you made amounts that would be consumed within hours it might work well.

Also we don't use the term SWIM here or anywhere on the sight. Welcome to BL though.

I have read the same thing too! I have seen conflicting evidence when it comes to this. From what I have been told the effects stay about the same from when it is initially concocted to the last spray and that it does go bad if it stays warm but is kept fresh by keeping it cold and refrigerated. At the end of the day it all breaks down into morphine, right? So the effects are the same for the most part. Its name is Diacetylmorphine so its morphine but being transported differently. I am sure there are differences but I think when its not being IVed then the effects are pretty similar. But I am no expert and just go based on what I have been told and have read.

Thanks for welcoming me to Bluelight! I have visited the site many times before but glad I can contribute a little, I hope!

We've had some threads on turning ECP into a nasal spray, the problem lies with the fact that the water will hydrolyze the Heroin back into morphine, water and acetic acid, I suppose if you made amounts that would be consumed within hours it might work well.

Also we don't use the term SWIM here or anywhere on the sight. Welcome to BL though.

So I've been using h solution intranasally, both ECP & whatever European freebase is called, for almost 10yrs. Now I'm in Europe I make my own acidic solution (I use hcl). I always gravity & then micron filter. In any case...I make my solution as strong as possible & only enough for 1-3 days. The rest I evaporate in a shallow dish to prevent further conversion to morphine. I'm a 24/7 user & smoking has no effect for me so intranasal is really my only option. But I find as long as I keep the solution concentrated & slightly over acidified, it doesn't convert to morphine very quickly. I experience hyperalgesia (extra pain) from morphine so I notice when there's significant morphine in my solution. I use for pain alone, not recreation, so I'm very sensitive to it. When I run out of solution I rehydrate some of my dried stuff. Back when I had full lab access, I determined h in concentrated solution after 72hrs was still around 90% h.

Keeping it concentrated and acidified probably added some shelf life since acetylation is a reversible reaction. I've heard of some that increased the stability with an excess of acetic acid, but that makes it a bit less user friendly I suppose.
Still 72 hours is a good lifespan if you were able to tolerate the lowered pH. Did you have some analytical testing to determine the 90% ?

------------------

For those curious as to why pharmaceutical Diamorphine comes in ampules of powder to be mixed just prior to injection, start with LE CHATELIER'S PRINCIPLE on equilibrium.

Yep, it was verified by both myself & my late husband in 2 separate chem labs. And yes that was with excess acetic acid though I've since found hcl seems to work comparably in this regard (as best as one can compare pure lab synthed to street h!). While I've not been able to verify that, I do plan on building a full lab in my new house & I'll experiment further then. I particularly want to analyse the cuts in street h bc I have a helluva time extracting all of the opiates without an extreme excess of acid & when I try to raise the pH with base it creates this awful gel-like gunk that traps much of what I'm trying to extract. If I knew what the cuts were & had more solvents etc I could properly purify it.

Love the username btw!

I particularly want to analyse the cuts in street h bc I have a helluva time extracting all of the opiates without an extreme excess of acid & when I try to raise the pH with base it creates this awful gel-like gunk that traps much of what I'm trying to extract. If I knew what the cuts were & had more solvents etc I could properly purify it.

There was a guy on here who put together a huge guide on purifying H, but it got too complicated and dangerous for a lot of the BL'ers that might attempt it.

On one of his first tries he got some H from the DNM, and when he tried to precipitate it he also got a hard sludge. We speculated that it might be diphenhydramine or an ammonium chloride. A GC-MS sure would be handy.

And here are some pictures of the flask and test tube with the precipitated substance stuck to them:

precipitate_solid_2.jpg
precipitate_solid_1.jpg

This was the rest of his process that seemed plausible if one were up to the task and possessed the chemistry knowledge to safely perform it.

1. Re-Purify the heroin #3 base
    1. Mix the heroin base in distilled water
    2. Add HCl to the distilled water in increments, mixing and testing the pH after each addition. Stop once the pH reaches ~5
    3. Remove all solid particulate matter (centrifuge, vacuum filter, whatever); move the solution to a separatory funnel
    4. Add chloroform to the mixture (1.5mL of chloroform for every 1g of H base), swirl it around;
    5. Separate out the chloroform layer (which should now contain some colored impurities)
    6. Add activated carbon; stir it up well; filter out carbon;
    7. Should now have a clear solution which contains the Heroin base
  2. Rrecipitation and isolation of white heroin base
    1. Add ammonium hydroxide to the solution, one drop at a time; continue until the precipitation stops
    2. Mix the solution until it appears homogeneous
    3. Isolate the white heroin base via vacuum filtration
    4. Dry the solid substance in a steam bath
    5. Should now have a white solid substance, which is white heroin base
  3. Recrystallization of the base
    1. This is just a typical recrystallization process using Ethyl Alcohol. Google it if needed
  4. Conversion of recrystallized base to heroin hydrochloride
    1. Mix ethyl alcohol, ether and HCl to a boiling flask (exact amounts in my documentation)
    2. Heat the mixture (not quite to boiling)
    3. Dissolve the recrystallized base to the heated solution
    4. Slowly add HCl to the solution while stirring
    5. Test the solution to ensure the concentrations are adequate (theres a couple different ways to test it)
    6. Slowly add ethyl alcohol to the mixture, then ether
    7. When the crystals begin to form, add the remaining ether
    8. Let it chill for about an hour
    9. Filter the mixture via vacuum filtration
    10. Deposit the filtered substance in an evaporation dish, allow it to dry
    11. This should yield purified heroin hydrochloride

Like I said, the above is just a very very short summary of the steps I have laid out, and not all of them have been tested yet. But I have the exact amount of chemicals needed, the exact pH levels that should be reached for each step (and even more important, why those pH numbers are what they are), etc. If it all ends up working well, then ill find a way to safely share my knowledge!

Iono, seems more thorough than this:

https://www.heroinhelper.com/curious/chemistry/purifying_heroin.shtml

or this:

https://drugsandbadideas.com/2017/01/how-to-purify-heroin-to-nearly-usp/

I actually have all that or equivalents except chloroform which I can make. That gunk looks just like mine. And a used GC-MS will definitely be my next lab purchase. I've wanted one for ages. Thanks! I'll try to update how it works. Currently I've just been giving away the over acidified morphine from my last extractions but usually it's only like 5% max anyway. I've had friends smoke & eat the dried cut (after weighing to determine approximate purity) & they don't feel anything from smoking & just get yucky headaches from eating so it seems I'm getting nearly everything worthwhile out.

I just want to add that in the title I had stated BTH and not #4 or the other forms of H. BTH is heavily cut and the method that I described may not be a chemists way of purifying BTH but its obvious that it does filter out quite a bit of the cuts that are in the BTH.

On another note, Fairymph the acidity and shelf life makes a lot of sense because like I described in my initial post the BTH is very acidic which might be why it last longer than the other forms of H. The PH of BTH has to be extremely low which is probably why its so horrible for people who IV it and ruins their veins.

I've never had BTH or even seen it in person, but I thought it was just really dirtily made/unpurified, not necessarily cut? Layman purification procedures are generally more useful for most people than full on chemistry, since most don't have the equipment/suppplies/knowledge for the latter & it can be quite dangerous as JA noted.

Yes I bet BTH is very low pH. How bad is the burn of your filtered stuff? Do you get visible redness around your nostrils? Eyes watering? I really miss ECP/#4 bc it was a lot less burny than any #3/EU stuff I've had plus way less work. And no doubt adding excess amounts of acid for IV as is done here with #3 is bad for the veins. But whatever else is in BTH is even worse, from what I've heard.

IT wont happen much till about 12-14 hours in solution

I've had bth tested at >60% heroin (sometimes it seemed much stronger than tested batches, before the fent days), and rearly >85% opiates / thebane derivatives that are bio-active. I like the spectrum of opiates in bth - a more rounded high and a better nod, imo.

Granted I tended to send the more poetent batches off for testing, or used roughly quantifying colorimitry at home.

Thanks for the responses!

What is the bottle that one uses to spray into the nostrils? The OP said Visine is worthless. Does anyone have more information on dosing? Like how much BTH to water?