• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Most unnecessary sequels

supertrav77

Ex-Bluelighter
I'm talking about either sequels where the original tied up all loose ends with no need for a part II. Or sequels that have little or nothing to do with the original. Or sequels where they couldn't get any of the original cast.
Just sequels that were made for no good reason at all.

1. Blues Brothers 2000. "Hey Elwood! John Belushi's dead. But guess what! You've got a half-brother that you never knew about!"

2. The Rage: Carrie 2. How is this in any way a continuation of Carrie? Carrie died at the end of the first one. Oh wait, turns out this chick is Carrie's half sister.

3. Halloween III: Season Of The Witch. No Michael Myers. No slashers at all, in fact. Instead we got a evil toy company and masks that make kids' heads turn to bugs.
Now some of you will insist that this movie deserves to be #1 because Halloween III not only diverges drastically from formula but does not even make a token effort to link itself to the first two. I sympathize your arguements.
However, I rate the other two higher because Blues Brothers and Carrie are classics. The original Halloween might be a classic as well but by making a second one, they had already conceded that they were going keep churning them out until the series ceased to be profitable.

4. Book Of Shadows: Blair Witch 2. No explanation needed.

5. Clerks 2. Kevin Smith desperately trying to win his fanboys back...

They haven't finished filming it yet, but Goonies 2 will be the most unnecessary sequel ever.

atlas said:
The Godfather part III

end.of.thread.

lolqe4.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Jaws 2, 3, The Revenge. Of course, in terms of sheer lunacy, The Revenge can't be beat, but that still doesn't justify its existence. Speaking of which, a direct-to-video Jaws 5 is in the works, and amazingly, it will keep continuity with The Revenge.

*Alien Resurrection
*American Psycho 2 (the idiocy of this shaved a year off my life)
*Crocodile Dundee 2
*Ghostbusters 2 (see note)
*Predator 2
*Short Circuit 2
*Weekend at Bernie's 2
*Wishmaster 2

Note: While I like this movie, it falls pitifully short of the original.

Honorable Mention:
Every Friday the 13th after the original.

i big time <3 matrix 2
3 not so much, but 2, oh yeahh boy

Yeah, Godfather III pretty much takes the cake, which is odd in some ways considering that Godfather II arguably bested the first film. God bless Sofia Coppola for The Virgin Suicides and Lost in Translation, but her acting in III is beyond laughable.

Cashing in on sequels has become market science. Nowadays, studios are even quick to put up a few million for direct-to-video continuations. It's hard to think of any comedic sequel that was any good. Blues Brothers 2000 was just plain sacrilege. But John Landis ain't exactly known for his integrity.

Last edited:
^same here.

perhaps the airy fairy singy jingy ending threatens masculinities :\

-Revenge Of The Nerds II: Nerds In Paradise ... need i really have to say anything? Oh yah, i am sure all the other ROTN sequels sucked too, but i havent seen them so cant comment
-The Next Karate Kid ... what shit!
-Battle Of the Planet Of The Apes ... *rolls eyes*
-Poltergeist III ... It is sad what happened in real life to little Carol Ann. I think they should of just stopped production, and canceled the movie. But noooo, they had to roll this shit out. (II of the movie was kind of crap as well, but it doesnt even touch III)
-Teen Wolf Too ... the first was a so/so 80s movie, was cute for what it was, but a second part to it? give me a break
-Legally Blonde 2: Red White & Blonde ... the first was def kind of corny, but it was still entertaining, the 2nd totally ruined it for me though, i cant even watch the first without getting an awful taste in my mouth

XXX 2, with fucking ice cube??
the friday after next, argubly even next friday
clerks 2

wait...did someone mention a goonies 2??? what could they possibly need to continue here?

Ditto for Teen Wolf Too--complete garbage--and every goddamned Planet of the Apes sequel.

Terminator III (cant help but think it was an ad for the governator's campaign)

Hannibal (silence of the lambs sequel) wtf