• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
zephyr said:
I saw it and was horrified...I had to leave half way through. I didnt know what it was about before I went in so it was a real shock to the system. I think this film went too far. The half of the film I did actually stay in the cinema for I spent hiding under my jacket but I could still hear the screams.

I wasnt the only scaredy cat, about 5 other people practically RAN out when I did.

You can't be serious?

This movie sucked, only redeeming feature was the cinematography.

I must have seen this exact same story in about 5 horror movies before.

And I can't stand in slasher flicks once the violence starts the female characters turn hysterical and scream there lungs out for the rest of the movie, so annoying.

katmeow said:
I'd read several reviews ranging from a 'best horror film in ages' to 'I walked out because of the sadistic violence'. Anyway, I tried to put all of that aside and judge impartially, but to be honest, I can't say I'm that impressed.

*slight spoiler content*

well i finally saw it and all i can say is congratulations to the australian film industry, you too can now overhype a film just as well as hollywood. absolutely disgraceful. i also heard the reports of audiences walking out of the cinema at the time of its release and after seeing it i can confidently say that 99% of them did so as a result of gratuitous boredom rather than blood, speaking of which, there was very little, certainly not enough to warrant the australian r rating. i can't help but think the producers manipulated the guidelines to receive the rating that would ensure people flocked to the cinema.

jarrat's character is the best thing about the film and jarrat does indeed do a fab job in bringing him to life although i do feel the character had so much more potential but was poorly utilised by the screenwriter. it does look good on film, i should say digital, but a few beautifully shot landscapes and a bloody girl running down a highway does not equate to a great film alone. all in all a very disappointing film which had massive potential but in the end was let down by poor script and director.

He wasn't was he?
I wonder if humans will one day evolve to detect sarcasm online?

this movie sucked... period... if you don't allready understand the possible mentality behind a psychopath, sure you might find it interesting/shocking, but otherwise it's nothing more than a piece of shit. The cinematography/direction completely lacks the thriller feel that is nescesary to make this movie worth watching, and the horror side of the main charactor is just saddening... Norman Bates from Pyscho was more interesting...

having said all this, if you've never seen a horror movie, or thought about a the Charles Mansons of this world, you'll probably get the shit scared outta you... I suggest you also watch "I Spit On Your Grave".

I think i've become completely decensitized to violence/horror... if it occured to me in the real world i might stand a chance against it :S i wonder

I remember waiting to see wolf creek and was very excited to see it was on hbo. I watched it on a head full of dxm and 2c-e and I havent seen a funnier horror(ish) movie in a long time. It was so bad it was funny, I mean head on a stick. classic stupid.

Wow...didn't know there was a thread on this, but will comment now - I really liked it :D Yeah, I see a lot of people in this thread were disappointed, felt it was overhyped. I though the hype matched other films of the time, and that this particular film delivered what it set out to do - scare you with what could happen. Not over the top gore, not another hollywood type flick with star actors and weak script or character building to the detrement of the film's main point.....straight up getting lost and getting fucked up bad.

Maybe because I typically go into films with low, or no, expectations - that is why I'm not disappointed. I'll admit never seeing the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but plenty of (declining quality) wannabes and sequels. This was a fresher take on that genre, without nuclear mutants or cheesy dialogue, just regular people out for a trip who happen to cross paths with the wrong guy. I liked it. :)

funny you should bump this today. a heavily decomposed body was found a few kms from where ivan milat (one of the two known killers who influenced this film) buried his several victims. they reckon this new body isn't likely to be part of his work.